Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OFFICIAL: Jeep® Gladiator 4xe Coming In 2025

In a recent LinkedIn post, Jeep® CEO Antonio Filosa unveiled an electrifying update for Jeep enthusiasts: the introduction of the plug-in hybrid (PHEV) Gladiator 4xe in 2025. Filosa’s announcement not only solidifies Jeep’s commitment to expanding its electrified vehicle lineup but also reflects the brand’s dedication to offering customers more choices. “Next year, we’ll extend that freedom of choice even further with a Gladiator 4xe option (colors to be announced) that will join the No. 1 and No. 2 best-selling plug-in hybrids in the U.S, the Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4xe and the Jeep Grand Cherokee 4xe,” Filosa shared in his … (read full article...)

Image 154.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Hemi_Dart

Reaction score
This is CDJR's M.O.: Release a decent new technology on the GC & Wrangler, then over the next 5-8 years, release the same tech onto sister vehicles.

How about a real Reveal like a MAX Wedge V8 with a much more efficient chamber than the Hemi, add direct injection with 12:1 compression, an aluminum engine block so it's 110 lbs lighter than the 5.7 and much more fuel efficient.

patfromigh

Reaction score
This is CDJR's M.O.: Release a decent new technology on the GC & Wrangler, then over the next 5-8 years, release the same tech onto sister vehicles.

How about a real Reveal like a MAX Wedge V8 with a much more efficient chamber than the Hemi, add direct injection with 12:1 compression, an aluminum engine block so it's 110 lbs lighter than the 5.7 and much more fuel efficient.
Why would you run a compression ratio that low? Toyota has 14:1 CR and a dual injector setup (DI and port) on their latest engines. BTW, the Gladiator is built on a separate line than the Wrangler.which means it couldn't be electrified at the same time as the Wrangler.The line has to be retooled for battery installation.

TripleT

Reaction score
Aluminum block DI engine making 183 hp per liter and 265 hp per liter version rumored on the way.... AND STILL we get we need to go backwards to the less durable and complex setup with more cylinders and two heads to keep attached with less room to do it.....

ON A THREAD about the 4xE powertrain ramping up to more models. I really hope we get that in new Charger.

WXman

Reaction score
I hope they've taken so long to bring the JT 4xe to market because they've been working on extending the electric-only range of the battery pack. Give me 50 miles of electric only with a solid ICE for backup and that would be the perfect midsize pickup truck.

TripleT

Reaction score
I hope they've taken so long to bring the JT 4xe to market because they've been working on extending the electric-only range of the battery pack. Give me 50 miles of electric only with a solid ICE for backup and that would be the perfect midsize pickup truck.
You will spend your life in FORM with 50 miles. :) you have to let that Oil heat and GAS be consumed some ..... that ICE powertrain needs to be maintained.

Hemi_Dart

Reaction score
Why would you run a compression ratio that low? Toyota has 14:1 CR and a dual injector setup (DI and port) on their latest engines. BTW, the Gladiator is built on a separate line than the Wrangler.which means it couldn't be electrified at the same time as the Wrangler.The line has to be retooled for battery installation.
14:1 is static and not dynamic which is effectively much less since there is deliberate intake reversion which lowers power density (low power output per CI). Typically only used with hybrid powertrains and not in performance vehicles. Also, it's on a much smaller piston diameter which allows higher compression w/o detonation. You're mixing apples & oranges.

CDJR wouldn't put a few dollars into aluminum blocks or direct injection and you think they will use both di & port? It's not a big win with both since I can have my Hemi manifold off in 10-15 minutes so cleaning the intake valve is simple. I'd love to see both DI & Port, it's just too big a step for CDJR.

Yeah, the Gladiator is on a different line but what's that got to do with the integration? My point is CDJR doesn't put resources into implementing changes on technology that makes sense but wastes their money on developing Italian vehicles and BEV which the masses here don't want. Why are you making excuses for them? You sound like MSNBC defending Biden.

CloversPlusCats

Reaction score
An exciting product for the company.
Any sort of electrified truck smaller than full size seems poised to get people into the dealership.

patfromigh

Reaction score
Yeah, the Gladiator is on a different line but what's that got to do with the integration? My point is CDJR doesn't put resources into implementing changes on technology that makes sense but wastes their money on developing Italian vehicles and BEV which the masses here don't want. Why are you making excuses for them? You sound like MSNBC defending Biden.
The MSM protects the current occupant of the White House by suppression of information and withholding the truth. I simply stated why the Gladiator had to wait longer for electrification. I should also add that the supply of hybrid transmissions is limited until Kokomo and Gray Court are in full production. There have been articles posted here on Mopar Insiders which detail the investments Stellantis has made. If the corporate resources go towards things which don't make sense to you, it is OK, because it only has to make sense to the investors and stock holders. I guess that is why the management issues reports and holds events like investors day.

Stellantis is a global company. If the masses here don't want Italian vehicles it doesn't mean the money and resources are wasted. This is because the masses in Latin America, along with those in parts of Europe and Africa, want them.

TripleT

Reaction score
What is he talking about? PSA developed most of Electric Vehicle and its the SAME DAMN car with different Coachwork Lee Iacocca would be proud. The BEV for NA are pretty NA focused with some cross over in the premium brands that sell Worldwide. AND for F SAKE the CARB states are mandating these with first punitive fines and then outright BANS, This is half the population whether the consumer wants this or not, the idea that they can just close up shop in the 18 most populus state is an insane thought. Why is this so difficult to understand? I don't like it but they aren't going to abandon 50% of the US market. It is just Xenophobic Nonsense.

As for the 4xE fans have clamoring for the Gladiator to get this powerplant. We love ours it drives like a Hemi with a 1/4 of the fillups. And yes you need batteries and transmissions before you can put is everywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread