Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next generation Charger/Challenger EV Only?

ChargerFan1

Reaction score
They wouldn't be muscle cars with the 6 cylinder either though

ChargerFan1

Reaction score
It could be an argument similar to Buick GNX and GMC Syclone and Typhoon.
Different era, those were the dark ages and it didn't just replace 15 years of crazy V8's in the same car. I hear you though. I am pretty sure Dodge wants to sack the Tesla plaid and any other fast EV's on the horizon, so they have to go electric to get that title. And if you think about it, as a weekend warrior, track rat or "fun car" in general, range isn't going to matter as much unlike if you were buying it to daily drive and commute etc

Mopar392

Reaction score
Different era, those were the dark ages and it didn't just replace 15 years of crazy V8's in the same car. I hear you though. I am pretty sure Dodge wants to sack the Tesla plaid and any other fast EV's on the horizon, so they have to go electric to get that title. And if you think about it, as a weekend warrior, track rat or "fun car" in general, range isn't going to matter as much unlike if you were buying it to daily drive and commute etc
I’m not against EV cars but I won’t buy one and I could care less about their performance.
Fast, loud and vibrant ICE cars have different feelings than just fast appliances.

cygnus

Reaction score
Are we still going to see a HEMI or are we kissing it goodbye?

Probably an additional iteration of what they're doing now for the 'limited edition!' Hellcat + an extra $10K. Should be in 900HP range

Mopar392

Reaction score
Probably an additional iteration of what they're doing now for the 'limited edition!' Hellcat + an extra $10K. Should be in 900HP range
Hellcat was officially announced as dead in the cars after 2023. Though, it will continue in Ram until 2025.
Nothing was officially announced regarding the 5.7 or the 6.4.

cygnus

Reaction score
Whatever they call it, they'll keep tweaking the existing engines. They supposedly killed the 7L project.

I don't know though, the HD trucks make a ton of money and Diesel is so stupidly expensive, it would pay for itself/generate profit if it's used between the D Trucks and LB program, so....Could just three or four years delayed, like the 3L Tornado.

Many times they'll wait for the next cycle (3 or 4 years), and say they killed it. Like they did for Wagoneer, which was initially rumored to be on the Grand Cherokee platform (which was pretty silly to suggest, even at the time).

Last edited:

cygnus

Reaction score
no HEMI power, GME-T6 power only

surprising...I mean, they're leaving money on the table with that...people will pay for a 900HP Dodge. But a halo car would take the shine off of the I6 PHEV with AWD.

Are we getting AWD/Convertible variants?

cygnus

Reaction score
Hearing they’re moving production to Windsor?

TripleT

Reaction score
I should have copied it but one of the legacy rags webpages said the V8s will carry over but was not specific which one.

Mopar392

Reaction score
I should have copied it but one of the legacy rags webpages said the V8s will carry over but was not specific which one.
When was that?
It could be Ram’s versions of the 5.7 and 6.4.

Users who are viewing this thread