Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next-Gen Jeep® Grand Cherokee Due Out In 2028

The upcoming iteration of the Jeep® Grand Cherokee, slated for release in 2028, has unveiled exciting prospects following the recent labor contract ratification between the United Auto Workers (UAW) and Stellantis. The agreement outlines that the current generation Grand Cherokee, the two-row (WL74) and three-row (WL75) versions, will remain in production until 2027 and 2028, … (read full article...)

_b5ea4d88-c3ce-4cdc-8090-12a4d07a4cc4.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

bill burke

Reaction score
I think a lot must be said for the current generation Grand Cherokee, it certainly has taken Jeep to a new level in its class. I thought long and hard on buying one, but it’s overall styling and knowledge that it would be replace soon led me to stick with my current Jeep. Seems Jeep and Ram 1500 pickup both were done with the same uninspired design philosophy. Has Ralph and his team run their tenures out and need a new design philosophy? Both current models suffer from, in my opinion only here, a very bland and unimaginative execution. I just couldn’t pull the trigger on this generation GC. Staying pat with a very dependable and satisfying 2019 until the next generations launches with, in my absolute necessity, a gas powered version in a few years. It’s time either Ralph and his team get better at their game or a new styling sheriff comes to town. At this point these guys are living on the Chrysler 300’s amazing achievement and are lost in the woods. Really think sales have suffered from the current styling and that needs to change going forward. It’s looking like Matt Dillon time in Stellantis town.

Archknight

Reaction score
Jeep also needs to cut some trims from the lineup, so the pricing structure isn't all over the place. Grand Cherokee should consist of Limited, Trailhawk, Summit and Summit Reserve, which would allow the KM (new 1.6T and new Hurricane I4) model to step into the large C/D segment model with the same lineup. This would specify their place in hierachy of the main Jeep line by featuring RWD bias.

I'm not sure if they have learned that they can avoid all the overlap, especially with the smaller Wagoneer (KX) likely to be in a similar price bracket. They have mentioned their Range Rover aspirations with the Wagoneer branding and with the all electric fan fair coming to a halt, I won't be surprised see gas engines under the hood of all models.

12soldier

Reaction score

12soldier

Reaction score
2028 for the GC, JT, and JL's are all due updates. It seems kind of far off, but I also recall being on edge anticipating the JT, then once it arrived I could find so many other ways it should've been done differently. I'd prefer removable panels over the entire top coming off and a roll down rear window, but I don't know of any brand offering roll down rear windows anymore, it must be some safety issue??

HuJass

Reaction score
Now THAT is a Grand Cherokee.

Perfect mix of the WK2 and WL74, all while being fresher than both of them.

Jeep should make the J6U look exactly like this and NOT like those boxy renderings from a few days ago. Man, those were terrible!!

Side Hill Gouger

Reaction score
The upcoming iteration of the Jeep® Grand Cherokee, slated for release in 2028, has unveiled exciting prospects following the recent labor contract ratification between the United Auto Workers (UAW) and Stellantis. The agreement outlines that the current generation Grand Cherokee, the two-row (WL74) and three-row (WL75) versions, will remain in production until 2027 and 2028, … (read full article...)

View attachment 8893
Hope this becomes the new style. Just not a fan of the current boxie..square nose styling. Will miss the Hemi option as I am one of those who loves the sound of the V8. Going to hold off on anything Hurricane powered until the inevitable gremlins are worked out.

TripleT

Reaction score
Now THAT is a Grand Cherokee.

Perfect mix of the WK2 and WL74, all while being fresher than both of them.

Jeep should make the J6U look exactly like this and NOT like those boxy renderings from a few days ago. Man, those were terrible!!
I much prefer the ZF throw back vibes of WL to the very tired and bloated Daimler WKs .... but to each there own people grew fond of the WK2 as it was made forever.

TripleT

Reaction score
Hope this becomes the new style. Just not a fan of the current boxie..square nose styling. Will miss the Hemi option as I am one of those who loves the sound of the V8. Going to hold off on anything Hurricane powered until the inevitable gremlins are worked out.
You like the ticking sound? :p Hurricane 4 been quite durable, and the Stress Dyno'ed the F out of the new Six and is underpowered right now for its potential. With all new things they will likely have some start up issues but so far it an absolute beast.

Users who are viewing this thread