Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Hemi Crate engine

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
Mopar Teases New Crate Engine Before SEMA Debut:
Teaser Video Builds Excitement Before SEMA Launch...

MP017_008MB9dmfkkoq205v360c2sa1nihq9k-780x405.jpg

For the past couple of years, Mopar has released its latest and greatest crate engines at the Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) Show in Las Vegas, Nevada. Well it doesn’t seem like the tradition is going to stop and Mopar has something “BIG” up their sleeves!

For the complete article, click the link below...
https://moparinsiders.com/mopar-teases-new-create-engine-before-sema-debut/

bluskye

Reaction score
Mopar Teases New Crate Engine Before SEMA Debut:
Teaser Video Builds Excitement Before SEMA Launch...

MP017_008MB9dmfkkoq205v360c2sa1nihq9k-780x405.jpg

For the past couple of years, Mopar has released its latest and greatest crate engines at the Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) Show in Las Vegas, Nevada. Well it doesn’t seem like the tradition is going to stop and Mopar has something “BIG” up their sleeves!

For the complete article, click the link below...
https://moparinsiders.com/mopar-teases-new-create-engine-before-sema-debut/

Last edited by a moderator:

bluskye

Reaction score
The editor in me has to point out a typo in the title and article. It should be "Crate Engine" not "Create Engine".

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
The editor in me has to point out a typo in the title and article. It should be "Crate Engine" not "Create Engine".

It's the new grammar program we are using a lot of times, it will "fix" words the way it wants them. But thanks, and fixed.

Rustydodge

Reaction score
That is a fantastic graphic. I want a 10'x10' to hang in my shop.

devildodge

Reaction score
  • Total of 14 customized vehicles to be displayed in brand's 15,345-square-foot SEMA Show exhibit
  • Slate of activities at Mopar display includes panel discussions and Dodge Challenger SRT Demon simulator races with NHRA stars Matt Hagan and Leah Pritchett
  • More Mopar news on tap for brand's SEMA press briefing at 7:26 p.m. ET/4:26 p.m. PT on Tuesday, October 30
Notice the time...the elephant is coming

Muther

Reaction score
One thing is absolutely certain. It will displace 426 cubic inches. I cannot imagine an FCA employee approving the use of an elephant for anything less than 426ci. Bigger maybe.

Smitman

Reaction score
Interesting quote from Steve Beahm On Jay Lenos show that they are testing a “ high 8 sec challenger”. I doubt if this crate motor, unless boosted would fit that scenario. But can’t wait to see what he’s talking about!
Just saw this picture of the 426 with an IHI blower on top. They must’ve edited out the whine of the blower in the videos. Could this be the motor for the 8 second challenger dodge is testing that was referred to in the Jay Leno video ?1C3C678A-ED9F-4C37-8314-12927D072054.jpeg

MoparJoe

Reaction score
I knew it was supercharged.. i just stayed out of the conversations and giggled my ass off.

Users who are viewing this thread