Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New EPA Rules

cygnus

Reaction score
Biden looks to boost EV sales with plan to cut vehicle emissions

This sentence doesn't make sense -

"The Biden administration is not proposing banning gasoline-powered vehicles, but wants comments on whether it should extend emissions rules through 2035 and on other alternatives."

What if only 30% of consumers actually want an EV and demand plateaus? How can say you're not forcing consumer's to make a specific choice, but you're dictating what automakers will build? What are the OEM penalties for non-compliance? My hope is that Toyota, the only sane automaker left, largely ignores this. Yes, I know their are building EVs in the US but Japanese consumers have largely ignored EVs, thus proving once again that Japanese consumers the smartest consumers out there.

Mopar392

Reaction score
I don’t think it’s the consumers per se more than being a politician agenda.

patfromigh

Reaction score
Medium duty trucks have battery electric options, but they are a very hard sell because the charging infrastructure is almost nonexistent. Light duty trucks usually have fixed routes which are shorter and can charge at the home base. The market for medium duty electric vehicles is there and is just waiting for a supporting infrastructure. Heavy duty trucks? Forget about it. There exists a great market potential for small electric personal vehicles with an urban focus ( B segment and smaller.) Some market segments such as LCVs are also waiting for battery electric power.

A sizable number of citizens in various European countries are demanding an end to this climate craziness. Many are recognizing this climate hysteria as the dictates of some doomsday cult.

These bureaucrats with their one size fits all panacea are making things worse, not better.

Last edited:

ChargerFan1

Reaction score
It would be tough to be running a car co in this era, my god, its like 73 or 79 again. Here's the facts, Biden is gone next year (Right OR left), so any policy is a wish at this point from that dinosaur. -and I am quite sick of being told what to do by 80-90 yr olds, Biden, WEF, UN -end rant.

Dodge is all in on being the baddest muscle car, and they think they have to beat EV's - they dont. They can build a side project EV that does that, but dont use your core product for that. AND...from what I am seeing, they kinda are, the banshee is there to take out the plaid - and everything else, but keep the V8 (LIKE FORD AND GM) and let the market choose

Mopar392

Reaction score
It would be tough to be running a car co in this era, my god, its like 73 or 79 again. Here's the facts, Biden is gone next year (Right OR left), so any policy is a wish at this point from that dinosaur. -and I am quite sick of being told what to do by 80-90 yr olds, Biden, WEF, UN -end rant.

Dodge is all in on being the baddest muscle car, and they think they have to beat EV's - they dont. They can build a side project EV that does that, but dont use your core product for that. AND...from what I am seeing, they kinda are, the banshee is there to take out the plaid - and everything else, but keep the V8 (LIKE FORD AND GM) and let the market choose
The difference is GM and Ford aren’t run by Europeans. No offense.

Anyway, the V8 HEMI is continuing on the Ram trucks. You never know, the rumor of a PHEV HEMI could turn out true.

cygnus

Reaction score
The Ram would sooner receive a 2nd generation of its eTorque mild hybrid implementation with a 7.5Kw or 10Kw battery vs. that of 15-20Kw PHEV battery. Packaging for body on frame pickups makes things more challenging vs. unibody.

patfromigh

Reaction score
There were full hybrid Durangos built and marketed just as Fiat took over. That generation was BOF and it was called the Hemi Hybrid. A Hemi Hybrid option was to be offered on the Ram 1500 pickup, but was canceled at the last minute. A number of PHEV Hemi Hybrid pickups were built for test purposes. All the homework has been done for such a beast.

What we don't know is what the details of the range extended EV Ram pickup are. Such a powertrain might make a PHEV Ram pickup truck redundant.

Users who are viewing this thread