Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Melfi Plant To Produce Up To Five New STLA Medium Vehicles

During a significant meeting held on Friday in Rome between Carlos Tavares, the CEO of Stellantis, and Adolfo Urso, the Minister of Business and Made in Italy, exciting developments for the Stellantis Melfi Assembly Plant in Melfi, Italy were confirmed. Tavares expressed the automotive group’s commitment to reversing the declining trend in Italian car production, … (read full article...)

191017_Jeep_Compass-Melfi-plant_25.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

TripleT

Reaction score
Renegade, Compass, 500X, Tipo Cross, and Alfa Giulietta CUV replacement

bill burke

Reaction score
Given the Italian history of labor relations, this is a smart move with a business model that makes sense, especially for these same unions and their members.
In addition the Italian government and Italian citizens clearly need to recognize the economic, political and cultural necessity of this decision as Italy works to take the next step towards the global relevance it deserves and as a serious and respected player in the EU with the industrial base to match its ambitions.
Italy suffered greatly in WW II and demographic changes have compounded its efforts to erase that misbegotten legacy and draw on its unrivaled historic heritage and incredible natural talents once and for all. As this Melfi facility demonstrates opportunity awaits, but achievement must be embraced and proven, again, once and for all.

Rangerd

Reaction score
Hope it tanks or burns down sorry to the lost jobs but stelantis needs to die so somebody can save the Mopar brands

TripleT

Reaction score
Hope it tanks or burns down sorry to the lost jobs but stelantis needs to die so somebody can save the Mopar brands
Another flaming new user. The most like outcome of Stelantis crashing and burning is the death of Mopar just like what nearly happen to the Independent Mopar under Cerberus where Jeep, Minivan, and Ram were all sold and Dodge and Chrysler KILLED;

Why are you so invested in the Italian plant failing the services the Italian market mostly? You want the Piece of Trash MK based Jeeps back with poor quality, underpowered engines, pitiful interiors, and bad transmissions?

Fiat did save the Mopar brands and to the point Stelantis has done nearly nothing to deter the progress of FCA in NA.

IronMike68

Reaction score
Flame on !!! I disagree with your assessment Stellantis is showing effort, now to get the older product out of production and on too newer and ideas. Our 2018 Jeep Renegade Melfi Italy built has been stellar over the almost 6 years of ownership with not 1 issue, except the recall for oil consumption which ours still hasn't needed the software update, plus I always check my fluids whenever I stop for fuel so I catch issues before they arise, If you want to save Mopar buy their products instead of stomping your feet like a child who didn't get their Hot Wheels at Kmart !!! I also look at the success the Avenger is having in Europe and it is doing quite well for a new product, Yes the American Market has been worn down for a while but there is still light at the end of the tunnel, you have to slowly trickle the products in after test and development time. Success doesn't happen overnight it takes time and with that said !!! I support all of Stellantis not just the products for the US Market. Now I do say they should've brought the updated 2023 Renegade to the US Market as it was a step in the right direction, with Updated interior and Powertrain options like the Hybrid Powertrain. But I should've known it was being short lived as the 2023 models have almost came and soon to be gone. But Melfi has 4 or 5 newer models being built that is a good thing. In the end it is Stellantis so if one prospers they will all prosper.

Attachments

• Rene2.jpg
    Rene2.jpg
    649.3 KB · Views: 1

Users who are viewing this thread