Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Meet The All-New, All-Electric 2024 Dodge Charger Daytona

In a groundbreaking move, the 2024 Dodge Charger Daytona signals the dawn of a new era for the legendary Brotherhood of Muscle. This latest Charger introduces an electrifying twist to the muscle car legacy, proudly donning the title of the first fully electrified muscle car from Dodge. Say goodbye to traditional tailpipe emissions and welcome the roar of the future with the Charger’s 400-volt propulsion system. Power – At the heart of the Charger Daytona lies a formidable 400-volt propulsion system, delivering an electrifying performance unlike anything seen before in the muscle car world. This groundbreaking system is powered by … (read full article...)

tempImage9bKt7b.png

Last edited by a moderator:

TripleT

Reaction score
For sure they are going to sell Sounds on the Electric.

crouchta

Reaction score
I gotta say, the reveal video is cool! I'm still not an electric car fan, but the attitude in the video is exactly the right attitude to sell an electric Charger.

Well done!

Mike201

Reaction score
Definitely not into the EV thing. But I do like the twin turbo ice engine version. That is sharp looking. I like how they reworked the hood for a full engine. The car looks really sharp. Reminds me of my 2013 charger. I do think a big mistake is holding off on the ice engines for a year. I doubt very much they’re gonna sell too many EV’s between now and when the ice engines come out. I hope it doesn’t kill the company with the low sales. And there’s also been talk about the ice engine version for law-enforcement vehicles, but nothings been set in stone yet. That’s a big market that need to keep.

AlexB

Reaction score
Definitely not into the EV thing. But I do like the twin turbo ice engine version. That is sharp looking. I like how they reworked the hood for a full engine. The car looks really sharp. Reminds me of my 2013 charger. I do think a big mistake is holding off on the ice engines for a year. I doubt very much they’re gonna sell too many EV’s between now and when the ice engines come out. I hope it doesn’t kill the company with the low sales. And there’s also been talk about the ice engine version for law-enforcement vehicles, but nothings been set in stone yet. That’s a big market that need to keep.
""kill the company"
You allowing your opinion of Electric vehicle cloud your understanding of the finances.
You not thinking about law-enforcement in states like New York, Virginia where this is perfect.

TripleT

Reaction score
There are still ICE models on the Lots, quite a few of them at that.

Noticing the 4 door SO is first......... but most police forces really want SUVs now.

Mopar392

Reaction score

Noticing the 4 door SO is first......... but most police forces really want SUVs now.

I would not be surprised if the SixPack SO sedan is the agencies choice, and I wouldn’t be surprised if an entry level Pentastar was offered in a model year or two.

patfromigh

Reaction score
This definitely looks like a staged roll out of the next generation of vehicles. Stellantis first chose to demonstrate they can build a competent and competitive battery electric automobile.The historic North American Chrysler brands are probably in the same situation as Ford. Battery production is presently limited, and companies have a choice to use that limited production for hybrids or pure battery electrics. I don't know how near the completion of the next generation hybrid transmission production lines are. The production planners are wise to go with a slow, staged roll out.

Toyota management has been the most belligerent among the critics of the EV mandates, yet they concede our market will probably see a 30% battery electric mix for future production. The 60% the bureaucrats are demanding is not realistic according to some knowledgeable sources. Some inside Stellantis are saying 38% is probable, which is close to Toyota's prediction.

I'm not that interested in the new Charger as an object of desire. It's not because of the battery electric power. It is simply a matter of preference. I would rather see the Centoventi concept brought to fruition. My ideal EV would be an electric Fiat Strada, followed closely by the Centoventi. I'm also not saying don't market the Charger Daytona or Jeep Wagoneer S. Just don't leave the lower wage earners behind.

vbondjr1

Reaction score
Completely in love with both ev and ice! Congrats dodge!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread