What's new
Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Meet The 2025 Ram 1200 Midsized Pickup For Mexico

Meet The 2025 Ram 1200 Midsized Pickup For Mexico​

Chinese-Built Midsized Truck, Looks To Offer A Budget-Friendly Offering For Mexican Customers...​

1721276342056.png

Ram Mexico is expanding its lineup for 2025 by introducing the 2025 Ram 1200. While new to the Mexican portfolio, this vehicle has been produced for other brands in the Stellantis portfolio, such as Fiat’s Titano and Peugeot’s Landtrek.

Look at Dixie cups that is what people want.... we continue to make the critical error equating volume to margin, and ROI

STLA Architecture has wide capability in powertrain flexibility.

As for State laws they unfortunately get trumped by the laws of physics.

Look at Dixie cups that is what people want.... we continue to make the critical error equating volume to margin, and ROI

STLA Architecture has wide capability in powertrain flexibility.

As for State laws they unfortunately get trumped by the laws of physics.
I guess what I don’t understand is we keep hearing about these great platforms and the flexibility. That’s great. But where is the product? Why this massive delay. We’ve been seeing lots of neat little presentations on PowerPoint from this bunch with mock ups of new cars now for how many years? Yes I know, cars are a complicated matter, you can’t poop them TT. But other manufacturers, indeed Chrysler of old was much more adept at moving this process along rapidly to respond to market changes. I agree, there has to be return on investment obviously. We’re in it to make money. I get it.But let’s face it, almost all car purchases are emotional decisions. You have to offer something people long for, feel
Compelled to buy. If you always follow someone else’s lead in the car business , you will wilt like a flower. If folks don’t buy, or you just don’t offer much……… well we are seeing the result in NA. Chrysler figured out how to utilize platforms to the fullest at least 42 years ago. It was called KCar. Were they the best cars on the planet? Absolutely not. But the company recognized it gave them the ability to move quickly and respond to market desires WHILE also providing good ROI. Hence the steady rise through the 80s and 90s. I just don’t think the euro managers are capable of pulling this off. At least if they are, they have not demonstrated it at all to this point.

I just don’t think the euro managers are capable of pulling this off. At least if they are, they have not demonstrated it at all to this point.
Look at the 1993 model year for the old Chrysler brand. The change from the older K-based products to the LH series sedans was dramatic. The landau roofs and opera windows fad had expired and management recognized this, leading to a new era. The product cadence was also impressive; the cloud cars, Neon, Ram 1500, and the second generation Dakota.

Fast forward to today and we see two important elements which made Auburn Hills such a success in the earlier decades are now gone. The first is the AMC method of designing vehicles. The design teams were able to cut through corporate bureaucracy and react quickly to market conditions. One example of the AMC philosophy was how the designers interacted with actual trade workers asking about their pickup truck experiences. This happened during the development of the Ram 1500 introduced in the mid-90's. The second is Plymouth. Plymouth allowed the Chrysler marque to be an upscale product. Low margin Plymouth products were built alongside the higher margin Chrysler products for profit and volume. All this died during the Daimler reign.

Today the motor vehicle market is being rocked by government mandates and changing consumer tastes, in other words, fads and fantasies. Net-zero is a fantasy, it is a Soviet style lie to allow for the government to have a tighter grip on business. A byproduct of this lie is the massive switch over to battery electric vehicles. The truth is it won't work, it is a fantasy. The amount of resources needed and supporting infrastructure are not there. EVs are bought by fan boys, fleets, and freeloaders. Middle class consumers are rejecting full battery electric and going towards hybrids.

Consumer tastes are also changing. Buyers haven't followed the early adapters into accepting EVs. There was a lot of media hype that evaporated in the harsh reality of an arctic cold wave. Battery electric is now hard to sell, and now that money is tight, high end vehicles are a hard sell. High end EVs compound the hard to sell situation. Yet management pushes the Chrysler brand into this market segment abyss. I did mention money is tight. Those high end Dodge muscle cars are also a hard sell yet Dodge is being pushed into that corner as consumer tastes have changed.

A myopic management in an overseas ivory tower is a recipe for disaster.

Look at the 1993 model year for the old Chrysler brand. The change from the older K-based products to the LH series sedans was dramatic. The landau roofs and opera windows fad had expired and management recognized this, leading to a new era. The product cadence was also impressive; the cloud cars, Neon, Ram 1500, and the second generation Dakota.

Fast forward to today and we see two important elements which made Auburn Hills such a success in the earlier decades are now gone. The first is the AMC method of designing vehicles. The design teams were able to cut through corporate bureaucracy and react quickly to market conditions. One example of the AMC philosophy was how the designers interacted with actual trade workers asking about their pickup truck experiences. This happened during the development of the Ram 1500 introduced in the mid-90's. The second is Plymouth. Plymouth allowed the Chrysler marque to be an upscale product. Low margin Plymouth products were built alongside the higher margin Chrysler products for profit and volume. All this died during the Daimler reign.

Today the motor vehicle market is being rocked by government mandates and changing consumer tastes, in other words, fads and fantasies. Net-zero is a fantasy, it is a Soviet style lie to allow for the government to have a tighter grip on business. A byproduct of this lie is the massive switch over to battery electric vehicles. The truth is it won't work, it is a fantasy. The amount of resources needed and supporting infrastructure are not there. EVs are bought by fan boys, fleets, and freeloaders. Middle class consumers are rejecting full battery electric and going towards hybrids.

Consumer tastes are also changing. Buyers haven't followed the early adapters into accepting EVs. There was a lot of media hype that evaporated in the harsh reality of an arctic cold wave. Battery electric is now hard to sell, and now that money is tight, high end vehicles are a hard sell. High end EVs compound the hard to sell situation. Yet management pushes the Chrysler brand into this market segment abyss. I did mention money is tight. Those high end Dodge muscle cars are also a hard sell yet Dodge is being pushed into that corner as consumer tastes have changed.

A myopic management in an overseas ivory tower is a recipe for disaster.
Inaccurate to "myopic management " with a family-ruled Board Of Directors.
The company don't have a real Global HQ anyway.

Last edited:
I guess what I don’t understand is we keep hearing about these great platforms and the flexibility. That’s great. But where is the product? Why this massive delay. We’ve been seeing lots of neat little presentations on PowerPoint from this bunch with mock ups of new cars now for how many years? Yes I know, cars are a complicated matter, you can’t poop them TT. But other manufacturers, indeed Chrysler of old was much more adept at moving this process along rapidly to respond to market changes. I agree, there has to be return on investment obviously. We’re in it to make money. I get it.But let’s face it, almost all car purchases are emotional decisions. You have to offer something people long for, feel
Compelled to buy. If you always follow someone else’s lead in the car business , you will wilt like a flower. If folks don’t buy, or you just don’t offer much……… well we are seeing the result in NA. Chrysler figured out how to utilize platforms to the fullest at least 42 years ago. It was called KCar. Were they the best cars on the planet? Absolutely not. But the company recognized it gave them the ability to move quickly and respond to market desires WHILE also providing good ROI. Hence the steady rise through the 80s and 90s. I just don’t think the euro managers are capable of pulling this off. At least if they are, they have not demonstrated it at all to this point.
Very well said!!!

Y'all do realize the Mid-Sized Ram is on the way, but apparently don't understand the implementation process or believe that you are owed month progress updates. Getting exercised by low cost and low-quality Chinese import for Mexico and acting Jelly is actual a bit comical. You can likely order one yourself for import from the Alibaba as long as you don't drive it on a state road, Enjoy.

2025 Ram 1200 Pickup Goes On Sale In Mexico​

Chinese-Built Midsized Pickup Arrives In Dealer Showrooms...​

Ram 1200 - 1.jpeg

Last week, we discussed the debut of the all-new 2025 Ram 1200 in Mexico, marking a significant expansion for the Ram brand in the region. This midsize pickup truck, which has already gained traction in other markets such as the Fiat Titano and Peugeot Landtrek, is built on a body-on-frame design and is based on the Chinese Kaicene F70 and Changan trucks.

Y'all do realize the Mid-Sized Ram is on the way, but apparently don't understand the implementation process or believe that you are owed month progress updates. Getting exercised by low cost and low-quality Chinese import for Mexico and acting Jelly is actual a bit comical. You can likely order one yourself for import from the Alibaba as long as you don't drive it on a state road, Enjoy.
Good points TT. Thank you. As always for your important input . We appreciate your inside knowledge and wisedom. Thanks again.

Surprised at the feedback level on this topic. I believe it can be summarized pretty easily.
1- People are frustrated at the slow pace of bringing a Ram mid-size pickup to market.
2- People have reservations about the competency and commitment of Stellantis management and the future of Belvidere.
3- People do not want most foreign built domestic branded product in North America, especially if it comes from China.
Think that sums it up and it reflects good honest opinions from good honest people fed up with the STLA platform strangle hold that may have merit, but is delaying product development that is too focused on electric vehicles and not on the American consumer.
Great conversation guys, just direct your frustration away from each other to the boneheads in charge where it belongs. We get it...they don’t.

Surprised at the feedback level on this topic. I believe it can be summarized pretty easily.
1- People are frustrated at the slow pace of bringing a Ram mid-size pickup to market.
2- People have reservations about the competency and commitment of Stellantis management and the future of Belvidere.
3- People do not want most foreign built domestic branded product in North America, especially if it comes from China.
Think that sums it up and it reflects good honest opinions from good honest people fed up with the STLA platform strangle hold that may have merit, but is delaying product development that is too focused on electric vehicles and not on the American consumer.
Great conversation guys, just direct your frustration away from each other to the boneheads in charge where it belongs. We get it...they don’t.
"People do not want most foreign built domestic branded product in North America, especially if it comes from China."
I think that is just plain old gaslighting, not reading," not "frustration" (let alone "honest people").

Hmm Bill must have posted something interesting.... It nearly a regulatory impossibility to bring a for Chinese developed vehicle into the United States. Changing the front would not be a nearly enough to get it by regulators. As for the other assertion Walmart disagrees with that, people love Chinese goods... they just don't say it out loud, buy American goes no farther than their pocketbooks.

Buick and Volvo already proven that to be false. Let alone the content in most GM cars, people are happy and smile as long as they repack them in Ropaks before the part hit line side.

And AGAIN, if you want to blame someone for the resources spent on EV that is your STATE regulators, not the OEM. They have zero interest in developing essentially 2 different versions of the same car. In EU they are facing essentially the same issue with some countries in some countries out, Consumers overall not that excited about the regulations the rest of the voting public assigned to them. The argument is tiresome, OEM have consistently been hard against the CARB state punitive fines and mandates.

That said HEV is a good solution overall allow similar platforms to fulfill both markets.

If Ram was to import a pickup truck, how about this one from future Fiat products presentation and video presented this past February.The Grande Panda is the first one. The pickup is next on the list, but I don't know if that is the designated order of introductions is also the order of the product launch. All it needs to bypass the chicken tax is a bed cover and it is an SUV.
Emphasis added, quoting the Fiat presentation.
The pick-up is the second concept which appears in the video. FIAT is the market leader in South America and the Strada pick-up is the bestselling vehicle on the Brazilian market. Moving forward, FIAT is certain that this type of vehicle can replicate its success at a global level, even in Europe. FIAT’s new pick-up concept puts really the fun into functionality and responds to the global rediscovery of free time as value for people. Fun and practicality are sure to spread throughout the world with this model. This vehicle blends the concept of a pick-up with the functionality of an LCV and the comfort of a SUV in a size that is suitable to urban environments all over the world. Outdoor activities are more than hobbies, and this pick-up is perfectly designed to get the most out of one’s lifestyle.

I think there is room for a smaller product below the midsize Ram. If it is truly going to be a global product, it may be produced in other counties in addition to Brazil. This could circumvent the logistical and political problems associated with Brazil. Asian built kei tracks are already being sold for off highway use in our market, I think there is an opportunity for something larger and 50 states legal.

While I'm on the topic, now that Ram will be bringing back the ProMaster City, I think they should import the cab with platform model as well.

If Ram was to import a pickup truck, how about this one from future Fiat products presentation and video presented this past February.The Grande Panda is the first one. The pickup is next on the list, but I don't know if that is the designated order of introductions is also the order of the product launch. All it needs to bypass the chicken tax is a bed cover and it is an SUV.
Emphasis added, quoting the Fiat presentation.

I think there is room for a smaller product below the midsize Ram. If it is truly going to be a global product, it may be produced in other counties in addition to Brazil. This could circumvent the logistical and political problems associated with Brazil. Asian built kei tracks are already being sold for off highway use in our market, I think there is an opportunity for something larger and 50 states legal.

While I'm on the topic, now that Ram will be bringing back the ProMaster City, I think they should import the cab with platform model as well.
They not importing a truck (chicken tax).

I would LOVE the Ramcharger to be sold here, I just don't know where it would be built. SUSW is being converted to MId.

I suppose Mexico could do both???? Seems silly. Because Brazil is a captive market it can have isolated markets.

They not importing a truck (chicken tax).
I said in my post, "All it needs to bypass the chicken tax is a bed cover and it is an SUV." Whatever follows the 2 door Strada / Ram 700 wouldn't make it here, but the four door can be passed off as an SUV. It has been done before by other brands. It will be interesting to see how Ram handles the Scudo based ProMaster City to avoid the chicken tax.

Back