What's new
Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Meet The 2025 Ram 1200 Midsized Pickup For Mexico

Meet The 2025 Ram 1200 Midsized Pickup For Mexico​

Chinese-Built Midsized Truck, Looks To Offer A Budget-Friendly Offering For Mexican Customers...​

1721276342056.png

Ram Mexico is expanding its lineup for 2025 by introducing the 2025 Ram 1200. While new to the Mexican portfolio, this vehicle has been produced for other brands in the Stellantis portfolio, such as Fiat’s Titano and Peugeot’s Landtrek.

So where does this sit in reference to the Ram Rampage. Honestly it would be cool for the Rampage to come to the US on the STLA Large platform with the 4Xe powertrain.

I love Stellantis, especially Dodge, Fiat, & Alfa Romeo. But Chinese made? No thank you. Given Communist China's belligerence to its neighbors and desire to dominate, I avoid "Made in China" items.

I love Stellantis, especially Dodge, Fiat, & Alfa Romeo. But Chinese made? No thank you. Given Communist China's belligerence to its neighbors and desire to dominate, I avoid "Made in China" items.
They are not communist they are Totalitarian Capitalists.... there is a difference. Think of it more as China Corp. They don't pretend to be communist anymore, not only do workers not own the means of production, but the leadership is also not directly elected. Its not for sale here anyway, if you want a Chinese car you have to go to Volvo, Buick, Polestar,....

This product ain't for the United States.

Do it the Chinese way, glean as much information from this truck, especially economy of manufacture techniques and reverse engineer your product from that information. One aspect would be a market penetration test case to see its potential stateside with a few for customer evaluation in real world setting. It seems Ram has been slow in developing something for Belvedere as announced. Wish we had more information. Glad Ram has access to this small truck but they can do better with what comes, hopefully we learn what it is in the near future. Not thrilled with anything from China.

Do it the Chinese way, glean as much information from this truck, especially economy of manufacture techniques and reverse engineer your product from that information. One aspect would be market a penetration test case to see its potential. It seem Ram has been slow in developing something for Belvedere as announced. Wish we had more information. Glad Ram has access to this small truck but they can do better with what comes, hopefully we learn what in the near future. Not thrilled with anything from China.
You got plenty of information, this has jack to with the United States especially with the Chicken tax so you don't need to be thrilled.

You got plenty of information, this has jack to with the United States especially with the Chicken tax so you don't need to be thrilled.
He wants to reverse engineer a Chinese built vehicle. BAHAHAHAHAHA OHHHHHHHHHHHHKKKKKKKKAY.

How many of these small Rams are there now? Three? This new China made, the Fiat made conversion Ram 1200 for Europe and the Rampage for Brazil. Yet we can’t get one of the small Rams (Rampage) for N.A. made in Belvedere like promised. WTF is going on! If they don’t want to sell cars or trucks in the US call it a day and sell the Mopar brands to someone who cares.

How many of these small Rams are there now? Three? This new China made, the Fiat made conversion Ram 1200 for Europe and the Rampage for Brazil. Yet we can’t get one of the small Rams (Rampage) for N.A. made in Belvedere like promised. WTF is going on! If they don’t want to sell cars or trucks in the US call it a day and sell the Mopar brands to someone who cares.
Your Post makes zero sense. These are products for the Middle East, South America and Mexico.
Belvedere is being remodeled or an all new plant.
No John Elkann regardless of the CEO isn't going to approve company resources for low margin projects for North America, or stuff that leads to fines & penalties.

Your Post makes zero sense. These are products for the Middle East, South America and Mexico.
No John Elkann regardless of the CEO isn't going to approve company resources for low margin projects for North America, or stuff that leads to fines & penalties.
My post says there are 3 small Rams in other countries, yes you got that part right. My point is we need this here. Word was, and reported on this site that an American Rampage was going to be produced at Belvedere. My question is when. There has been no discussion as to when or over if we will see it built now. Like everything else with this “new” company, always late to the party!
Not sure how you can say this would be a low margin product. Ford and Chevy are doing well with their Maverick and Colorado’s mid size trucks. If they weren’t, they wouldn’t still be building them. We want ours. With the Classic Ram on its way out, we need a cheaper ”priced” Ram to fill that gap. As for fines and penalties, if it is built in the U.S. with U.S. standards, it should not be an issue. I was not saying bring those other three here. Well aware they are not built to U.S. specifications.

My post says there are 3 small Rams in other countries, yes you got that part right. My point is we need this here. Word was, and reported on this site that an American Rampage was going to be produced at Belvedere. My question is when. There has been no discussion as to when or over if we will see it built now. Like everything else with this “new” company, always late to the party!
Not sure how you can say this would be a low margin product. Ford and Chevy are doing well with their Maverick and Colorado’s mid size trucks. If they weren’t, they wouldn’t still be building them. We want ours. With the Classic Ram on its way out, we need a cheaper ”priced” Ram to fill that gap. As for fines and penalties, if it is built in the U.S. with U.S. standards, it should not be an issue. I was not saying bring those other three here. Well aware they are not built to U.S. specifications.
You are confusing products. Can't be "always late to the party!"/"If they don’t want to sell cars or trucks in the US call it a day and sell the Mopar brands to someone who cares" if the party sucks. Nobody stated a "Ramapage" is coming.
What FCA-Stellantis has in mind is closer to the Honda Ridgeline on STLA Large which is different than all the stuff you mention.

His post makes perfect sense. He’s asking why this inept bunch can’t bring a product to market in North America that is in a growing HIGH margin segment - pick ups. So your post makes no sense.

You are confusing products. Can't be "always late to the party!"/"If they don’t want to sell cars or trucks in the US call it a day and sell the Mopar brands to someone who cares" if the party sucks. Nobody stated a "Ramapage" is coming.
What FCA-Stellantis has in mind is closer to the Honda Ridgeline on STLA Large which is different than all the stuff you mention.
So where is it. Why isn’t the product well on its way or already in showrooms. The market segment will be totally saturated with products from every manufacturer worth their salt by the time the Stella fumbles their way onto the scene.

Wow. The 3 pick ups mentioned are all smaller the the Ram 1500. All 3 vary in size and are not alike. My whole point is when are we’re getting the smaller Ram for the US to compete against Ford and Chevys versions. And yes it HAS been talked about. During UAW contract talks, it was reported here as part of the contract, Belvedere would reopen and was more than hinted the Rampage or a “version” of it was going to built there. Maybe it will, but like my post said, nothing has been mentioned yet. My post was about something smaller than the full size Ram to Replace the Classic. Didn’t matter whether it was as small as these 3, Ridgeline size or better yet Dakota size, just smaller than the Ram, and more affordable for Mopar loyalest.
As for market saturation, seems there are a ton of SUV’s, in so many sizes. Hasn’t stopped them from making new ones.
As for getting to the party late, come on look what’s going on with this company and what the have done to the Mopar brand. Stripped it down to nothing, can’t get new product out, jacked up prices beyond value and has gutted our Mopar crew. Does that show they care about our brand or North American buyers? Seems you entirely missed my whole point on the “a smaller pick up truck.”

Are you complaining because they didn't POOP a brand new model? You realize there is way more too it than that.

Last edited:
<sarcasm😠> EVERYBODY !! Just shut up and buy the Jeep Gladiator. It's a midsize pickup with dimensions matching the competitors' midsize offerings. Plus it's a Jeep, that's where the margins are. Stellantis can't allow another brand to take up space on the production line, because as soon as the sales free fall is over, Toledo will be at capacity. There can't be another Dakota, because the Daimler era Dakota was bloated with a thirsty V6 and had other numerous issues. Stellantis can never return to an abandoned market segment where some flawed Daimler-Chrysler era product failed. It is OK to offer full lineups in other markets, but the more lucrative market segments in North America must be avoided at all costs. There is no money in selling motor vehicles the American public desires. <sarcasm😠>

<sarcasm😠> EVERYBODY !! Just shut up and buy the Jeep Gladiator. It's a midsize pickup with dimensions matching the competitors' midsize offerings. Plus it's a Jeep, that's where the margins are. Stellantis can't allow another brand to take up space on the production line, because as soon as the sales free fall is over, Toledo will be at capacity. There can't be another Dakota, because the Daimler era Dakota was bloated with a thirsty V6 and had other numerous issues. Stellantis can never return to an abandoned market segment where some flawed Daimler-Chrysler era product failed. It is OK to offer full lineups in other markets, but the more lucrative market segments in North America must be avoided at all costs. There is no money in selling motor vehicles the American public desires. <sarcasm😠>
Your absolutely correct, hit the Nail on the head.

They should ignore previous failures in the market, they should ignore the real chance for cannibalization, they should ignore eroding the margins on a sister product, they should ignore the crowd of brand-new offerings in the BOF segment from Toyota, Ford, GM, and Nissan, they should go ahead a forgo any proper market analysis instead relying of internet forum chatter as a cost justification.

They should abandon the plan of a mid-sized offer focused directly on NA, in the less crowded area of the pickup market, for a mee too, pick me product, at very least they should force the US government to normalize trade relations with Brazil, allow the soon to be dead CUSW platform into NA, Rampage to be offered here. Never mind there is no shipping, and that sort of capacity is being converted to STLA Mid as an alternative in NA.

Because we want it, and we say so. And by the way- make sure it cheaper and better than any of the other new offerings.

Make it so, the ROI, payback, and the capital and the magic rush to market is all on us. Practicality and money be damned.

Last edited:
Are you complaining because they didn't POOP a brand model? You realize there is way more too it than that.
Amazing how
GM and Ford are pooping their guts out and apparently making good money at it. There was a time when the for bearers of this inept bunch led the market, first to market with new products, new ideas. But obviously those days are gone. Oh well. I’m sure the Eurosmart managers have a plan. Sure they do. Lol

If you like the idea of the Jeep Wagoner S and Recon EVs, you will like what is coming next from Belvidere. I'm pretty certain we've seen a silhouette of the Ram midsize on the EV day presentation. I don't know how that patent for a three row interior plays into this, maybe that is for a different model.

I never said they should bring up a product from Brazil.

Stellantis performs market analysis? :LOL:
Practicality and money be damned.
I get that the CARB states are demanding EVs. No where does it say in the Code of Federal Regulations or any state law that zero emissions vehicles have to be 3-ton lumps. The Dodge Charger Daytona, The Wagoneer S and probably the Recon, not to mention the Chrysler brand going all in on battery electric demonstrates an attitude of, "Practicality and money be damned."

I'm not against EVs or the idea of an EV pickup truck. I liked the Toyota EPU concept after it was unveiled in Tokyo. It was designed with the CARB states in mind. So far the STLA-large based vehicles have a taint of "We never asked for this."

What do people want? Look at the sales figures. Unfortunately, those products create the crowded places in the market.

Back