Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LEAKED: Two-Door Dodge Charger Daytona Body-In-White

LEAKED: Two-Door Dodge Charger Daytona Body-In-White​

New Leaked Images Confirm Some Interesting Details About Next-Gen Charger...​

391749700_708550221302563_10817495044982392_n.jpeg

Dodge enthusiasts have been expressing their frustration with the lack of information from the Auburn Hills-based automaker regarding the next-generation Dodge Charger Daytona (LB). The buzz around the new electric “e-muscle” car was initially high when it was unveiled in August 2022 during the Dodge Speed Weeks event, just before the 2022 Woodward Dream Cruise. At that time, it seemed Dodge was eager to share details, but that enthusiasm waned after last year’s Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) event.

cgseller

Reaction score
The tunnel, can that double as a battery compartment as well meaning architects are mindful of being more agile to demand, politics, and buyer sentiment ?

TripleT

Reaction score
Nah, it will be flat. Body in white for the Lincoln SUV floating around is flat, so the floor stamping are unique. Also not the fuel door.

bill burke

Reaction score
This one is a enigma, is it revealing or is it evasive? I can’t imagine Dodges of all stripes not offering the Hurricane engines. I can imagine, hope, pray something V-8 is in the works but all electric for Dodge is unimaginable.

James.A

Reaction score
I'm so excited I could barf. Cannot wait for this car. My deposit is ready

Derek

Reaction score
Two door charger!.....oh man! It's not looking good for the challenger 😔

TripleT

Reaction score
Two door charger!.....oh man! It's not looking good for the challenger 😔
PSA doesn't mind making same car with different Coachwork... so I'd say 3 to 4 body styles are not out of the question. 2 - 2doors the Charger and Challenger... 2 4 door the Charger and lets call it Magnum for now, although Stealth is a cool name.

scatpack_69

Reaction score
I would personally like to see a drop top version. Not that I need one or overly want one, but hey they’re kinda cool. Totally impractical up north

TripleT

Reaction score
I would personally like to see a drop top version. Not that I need one or overly want one, but hey they’re kinda cool. Totally impractical up north
Works better as a Challenger than a Hatch back Charger...... That is another differentiator, hatch versus trunk.

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
There was talks about a new convertible. Who knows with Stellantis, might have to wait till the next-gen car after this coming one!

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
The tunnel, can that double as a battery compartment as well meaning architects are mindful of being more agile to demand, politics, and buyer sentiment ?

It could, but, if the car was solely a BEV, they would have eliminated it, in order to create a space lower in the chassis.

Last edited:

Derek

Reaction score
I thought the next gen challengers was to use only inline six as well the 4 door chargers and the two door charger BEV?

scatpack_69

Reaction score
I thought the next gen challengers was to use only inline six as well the 4 door chargers and the two door charger BEV?
No. The talk has always been gas as well as an electric line. Irrelevant as to number of doors or model.

Basically same platform, two different lines, one electric with different models (we only know about the Daytona…nothing about a Challenger type specifically) and one gas.

UN4GTBL

Reaction score
PSA doesn't mind making same car with different Coachwork... so I'd say 3 to 4 body styles are not out of the question. 2 - 2doors the Charger and Challenger... 2 4 door the Charger and lets call it Magnum for now, although Stealth is a cool name.

A new Magnum would be very interesting.

Mopar392

Reaction score
No. The talk has always been gas as well as an electric line. Irrelevant as to number of doors or model.

Basically same platform, two different lines, one electric with different models (we only know about the Daytona…nothing about a Challenger type specifically) and one gas.

This goes in line with the pilots schedule.

LB29 400v December 2023
LB49 400v February 2024
LB29 ICE April 2024
LB29/49 800v November 2024

ChargerFan1

Reaction score
This goes in line with the pilots schedule.

LB29 400v December 2023
LB49 400v February 2024
LB29 ICE April 2024
LB29/49 800v November 2024
They're making a mistake by launching the gas versions after the EV. Months later most will have forgotten they're even available (casual shopper) and A LOT of casual shoppers buy chargers and challengers

Users who are viewing this thread