What's new
Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LEAKED: 2024 Dodge Charger Daytona First Edition MSRP

LEAKED: 2024 Dodge Charger Daytona First Edition MSRP​

The New Electric Charger Comes With A Massive Price Tag...​

1722737020999.png

Dodge enthusiasts have long appreciated the brand for delivering power and affordability. With the shift to electric power, maintaining this balance presents a new challenge. The 2024 Dodge Charger Daytona is set to debut with launch edition (dubbed First Edition) models, each loaded with pre-configured options that notably increase the price. Thanks to YouTuber Butter da Insider, we now have the first official look at the pricing for these First Edition models.

I really want to be optimistic and hope for great things from this new Charger, but that price....... Wow!

As said a few times, only this expensive to start for the first couple of months.
Really don't know how the dealers are gonna do it with these though.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240803_184403_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20240803_184403_YouTube.jpg
    253.7 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20240803_184356_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20240803_184356_YouTube.jpg
    248.3 KB · Views: 7

LEAKED: 2024 Dodge Charger Daytona First Edition MSRP​

The New Electric Charger Comes With A Massive Price Tag...​

View attachment 9849

Dodge enthusiasts have long appreciated the brand for delivering power and affordability. With the shift to electric power, maintaining this balance presents a new challenge. The 2024 Dodge Charger Daytona is set to debut with launch edition (dubbed First Edition) models, each loaded with pre-configured options that notably increase the price. Thanks 0to YouTuber Butter da Insider, we now have the first official look at the pricing for these First Edition models.

I couldn't wait for the new muscle ev so I bought a 2021 Mach e GTPE at 76 yr old mopar guy I must say the GTPE is awesome. My daughter has a 2012 challenger srt8 392 6200 miles blue streak pearl metallic silver stripe its a absolute piece of art. GTPE back in early 2021 cost with tax credit $62500 tons of features fully optioned 480hp 634torque 0 to 60 3.5 seconds, 17 rotors brembo brakes maganride suspension sport seats every button a gas car has plus voice commands. Red lite to red lite in 500 ft its untouchable. Many runs against hellcats, zl1 1, gt500 and their dust. Couldn't be more pleased. Believe Dodge wasted time in ev deployment. Many of us couldnt wait. Hope they sell as I await one at my red lite. Rumor has it a mach e tri power in the works with 750 hp 1050 torque 0 to 60 under 3 seconds at $79900. Yes I will buy one.

I know there has been massive pushback on Daytona launch pricing, but not to sound elitist, the pricing seem pretty competitive to me. I believe Dodge knows full well these electric Chargers will be unpopular and a drag on the brand and their dealers so they priced them to maximize their profits from the few, obviously high worth customers, who will “just have to have one” to gloat among their peers with their new toy. Once that initial and limited audience is satisfied then they roll out the Chargers that might sell and recoup their investment, the Hurricane powered Six Packs. I believe that what MIGHT save Dodge is the Six Pack four door Charger gas powered sedan, clearly not the Daytona version. What will bring customers in will be the elegant and exciting styling and the much lower price than the Daytona versions.Lets call them the regular guys cars. For me I see these Chargers as an alternative to boring SUVs with that generous hatch and AWD.
It’s a gamble with sticker shock serving as a prelude to more affordable Chargers, but one I understand as a gambit that is based on a no win decision forced on Dodge by short sighted executives going too far on corporate mandates on all electric product. Reap what you can from the affluent suckers when you can. For the few, it’s competitive pricing, because money is irrelevant. For everyone else, wait for the Hurricane powered Chargers with lower prices and no charging issues.

I know there has been massive pushback on Daytona launch pricing, but not to sound elitist, the pricing seem pretty competitive to me. I believe Dodge knows full well these electric Chargers will be unpopular and a drag on the brand and their dealers so they priced them to maximize their profits from the few, obviously high worth customers, who will “just have to have one” to gloat among their peers with their new toy. Once that initial and limited audience is satisfied then they roll out the Chargers that might sell and recoup their investment, the Hurricane powered Six Packs. I believe that what MIGHT save Dodge is the Six Pack four door Charger gas powered sedan, clearly not the Daytona version. What will bring customers in will be the elegant and exciting styling and the much lower price than the Daytona versions.Lets call them the regular guys cars. For me I see these Chargers as an alternative to boring SUVs with that generous hatch and AWD.
It’s a gamble with sticker shock serving as a prelude to more affordable Chargers, but one I understand as a gambit that is based on a no win decision forced on Dodge by short sighted executives going too far on corporate mandates on all electric product. Reap what you can from the affluent suckers when you can. For the few, it’s competitive pricing, because money is irrelevant. For everyone else, wait for the Hurricane powered Chargers with lower prices and no charging issues.
I agree. These prices seem competitive for a premium EV like this. Just hope the Sixpack is well below this.

And now the leak spreads out...
Actually, Stellantis themselves responds in the first article link! This may be because Autopian is mostly running with First Edition pricing vs Road & Track actually going out of their way to talk about the supposed stock pricing.
Update (Aug 5, 2024 1:30 PM ET): Stellantis says it “can’t confirm this is accurate,” but that official pricing will be out soon. So we shall see.

Dodge Officially Reveals Pricing for 2024 Charger Daytona​

The All-Electric Muscle Car Era Begins with the R/T and Scat Pack Models...​

1723054993636.png

After pricing was leaked over the weekend, Dodge officially announced the pricing for its highly controversial all-electric 2024 Charger Daytona First Edition. Available as a two-door model only for 2024, the Charger Daytona will feature two models, the R/T and Scat Pack. Both models will feature Direct Connection eStage upgrades as standard equipment for First Edition models to make them stand out from their 2025 counterparts.

Looking over this again with a less 'just woke up' mind on, looks like another couple thousand was tacked on just because vs the leaked 'base' pricing (not the included packages pricing that had spread everywhere)...

Did some calculating myself.
Obviously R/T is bumped $4k over the initial leak, and the Scat Pack is $8k plus some hundred.

Furthest thing from a genius, but I think I just figured out how much each eStage will cost you.

I was truly trying to not like this car, but I honestly do like it alot. It grew on me for sure, even the EV. My big issue (beyond the doors), is the fact that the 4-door six pack will only come as an S/O and won't have an H/O option, which is kind of goofy to me. I agree with Bill, I think they'll recoup alot of money with the Six Pack cars but the more I look at it the more I don't think they'll really be at a loss with this car. People don't like EVs because they're boring and this car promises to be the exact opposite of what a regular EV is. I think it's definitely a step in the right direction honestly. I want to see it in person before I give it full judgement.
One more thing, I saw the clip of the sound and honestly, it sounds pretty decent. Much improved over the first two sounds that's for sure

I was truly trying to not like this car, but I honestly do like it alot. It grew on me for sure, even the EV. My big issue (beyond the doors), is the fact that the 4-door six pack will only come as an S/O and won't have an H/O option, which is kind of goofy to me. I agree with Bill, I think they'll recoup alot of money with the Six Pack cars but the more I look at it the more I don't think they'll really be at a loss with this car. People don't like EVs because they're boring and this car promises to be the exact opposite of what a regular EV is. I think it's definitely a step in the right direction honestly. I want to see it in person before I give it full judgement.
One more thing, I saw the clip of the sound and honestly, it sounds pretty decent. Much improved over the first two sounds that's for sure
We have no idea how much those cars will cost to determine whether they’ll recoup anything.

In my previous comment, I made a small gripe about the fact of the Sedan variant of the six pack only coming with the Standard Output of the Hurricane-6 powerplant. That's not to say the Standard output car is going to be a lackluster car in any way, shape or form. The truck variant of the Standard output Hurricane powerplant has 420hp/469lb-ft of torque, on part with a 6.1L in Horsepower and the 6.4L Hemi in torque. It also surpasses the new Coyote in torque by a longshot along with the 6.2L in the dearly departed Camaro SS. This car with a tune and some bolt-ons should be able to best a Scat Pack and potentially stock GT Mustangs. If this car can get optioned out with the Super Track pack option that gives it the side wheel and tire package and big brakes and all that the H/O comes with then this car will be a pretty decent vehicle.

Realistically, how much less will the Sixpack's be? I see them starting at $50k. I'd rather buy a used Hemi car while I can.

RLH comment (assuming they're unaware/just skimped the part about the gassers happening) is how I know most people just couldn't stand the reveal video whatsoever. 25% of these people didn't stick around for the 'best part' and seemingly believe Dodge placed every single bet on BEV, even in their own social media comments.
Beyond the video, just a single render pic of it exists, and the online confusion caused by just throwing its vague-ish existence out there is mind melting. Hopefully they poke at it a little at Friday's event.

Realistically, how much less will the Sixpack's be? I see them starting at $50k. I'd rather buy a used Hemi car while I can.
I'll bet mid $40k at minimum. This isn't even just cope, we're asking for the reasonable here.

Back