Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jeep Compass MCA debuts in China

UN4GTBL

Reaction score
Huge improvement to the interior overall.

Agreed on hating the tacked on tablet look, and I don't like that Jeep steering wheel badge. It looks cheep IMO.

Finally 360* camera on a Jeep!

Too bad they didn't add hard buttons for the heated/vented seats & steering wheel too

TripleT

Reaction score
crossing shopping a Compass and Grand Cherokee is one of the oddest things I have seen here. The WL is entirely different class of vehicle from a driving dynamics perspective and size. The Compass is a economy car despite the improvements. I have had independent evaluator tell me, it is "really nice, and attractive"

Last edited:

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score
crossing shopping a Compass and Grand Cherokee is one of the oddest things I have seen here. The WL is entirely different class of vehicle from a driving dynamics perspective and size. The Compass is a economy car despite the improvements. I have had independent evaluator tell me, it is "really nice, and attractive"
Yes, but WL looks unattractive so far. And for the price, especially considering the premium a 4xe model would command, I wouldn't buy a vehicle that I don't like the design of.

In all likelihood, I won't buy a Compass either. It's just tempting considering the much nicer interior and the potential of a plug-in version.

Last edited:

TripleT

Reaction score
Yes, but WL looks unattractive so far. And for the price, especially considering the premium a 4xe model would command, I wouldn't buy a vehicle that I don't like the design of.

In all likelihood, I won't buy a Compass either. It's just tempting considering the much nicer interior and the potential of a plug-in version.
you can't make that assessment from the body in white fish eyed pirate photo... I been told by someone who drove it that it is very handsome and really isn't substantially different looking than the current. That the interior is incredible.

Compass is still a economy car and will drive like a economy car.

Bili

Official Pilot
Staff member
Reaction score
Compass is still a economy car and will drive like a economy car.
Based on European reviews Italian made Compass is better drive than Mexican. They've altered some things. Will they apply it to Mexican Compass? Dunno.

I'm expecting more from the next gen Compass but only if it stays on FCA platform. I don't have high hopes from PSA, they are all about bells and whistles.

TripleT

Reaction score
I am sure it is better, but with price and margin come content. I can drive like a better economy car or even the best economy car, but in the end it is still a economy car. Not taking anything away from it being better and feeling more towards the top of the class while hopefully maintaining its capability. But one should be under no illusions that it will approach the WL with it G roots and better engine placement. They will be VERY different products from a driving dynamic perspective. As one would expect and nearly 2X.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread