Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jeep® Wagoneer S Debuts At Rocket Mortgage Classic

Jeep® Wagoneer S Debuts At Rocket Mortgage Classic​

Jeep's First All-Electric Vehicle Makes Its Public Appearance At Detroit PGA TOUR Event...​

1719337146464.png

Jeep® is set to electrify Detroit this week with the public debut of its first all-electric vehicle for the U.S. market, the 2024 Jeep Wagoneer S Launch Edition. This significant unveiling will take place at the Rocket Mortgage Classic, a PGA TOUR event held from June 25 to 30 at the historic Detroit Golf Club.

bill burke

Reaction score
Actually a good idea. I myself and surely thousands of others would be potential serious customers for a smaller but very upscale Wagoneer. Indeed, I’m one of the opinion that the Wagoneer models need some exclusivity and it may share the Jeep label, but be an exclusive sub brand. Wagoneer sounds exclusive as conceived at launch. Keep it so.
The problem, the all electric over reach on the S that market dynamics absolutely predict as a total failure. It can survive, even better modestly successful, with a gasoline powered option, but as an all electric pipe dream for the S, well just watch this golf shot head right into the water obstacle of a “no thanks Jeep” T- shot.
The Chrysler brand, the Wagoneer S and the Recon are doomed, as currently configured, or should I say misconfigured, to abject failure. Everyone except Carlos and Company know it, admit it, but their arrogance denies reality and common sense. These guys are swinging for the green with a putter.
May we suggest a “driver” for this shot guys.

Mike201

Reaction score
Actually a good idea. I myself and surely thousands of others would be potential serious customers for a smaller but very upscale Wagoneer. Indeed, I’m one of the opinion that the Wagoneer models need some exclusivity and it may share the Jeep label, but be an exclusive sub brand. Wagoneer sounds exclusive as conceived at launch. Keep it so.
The problem, the all electric over reach on the S that market dynamics absolutely predict as a total failure. It can survive, even better modestly successful, with a gasoline powered option, but as an all electric pipe dream for the S, well just watch this golf shot head right into the water obstacle of a “no thanks Jeep” T- shot.
The Chrysler brand, the Wagoneer S and the Recon are doomed, as currently configured, or should I say misconfigured, to abject failure. Everyone except Carlos and Company know it, admit it, but their arrogance denies reality and common sense. These guys are swinging for the green with a putter.
May we suggest a “driver” for this shot guys.
As always, well said Bill. You nailed it once again. Give the consumer an option. Seems they are putting all their eggs in one basket, and EV’s is not the basket you want all your eggs in right now.

bill burke

Reaction score
As always, well said Bill. You nailed it once again. Give the consumer an option. Seems they are putting all their eggs in one basket, and EV’s is not the basket you want all your eggs in right now.
Thanks for the thumbs up. Seems like too many policies and decisions at Stellantis are going in the dumpster of reality. Maybe Stellantis does have its head in the stars and not on earth with us lowly humans. When your above it all, who could doubt your wisdom?? Like driving in the wrong lane against traffic, your decision might be second guessed. From earth dwellers things like managed direct sales in Europe and declaring absolutely commitment to a failing and doomed brand all electric policy (AKA Dare Forward) is the stuff of fools not visionaries. Just me and good old mother earth under my feet talking sense. Scotty, time to buzz these guys home to the Enterprise.

bill burke

Reaction score
Thanks for the thumbs up. Seems like too many policies and decisions at Stellantis are going in the dumpster of reality. Maybe Stellantis does have its head in the stars and not on earth with us lowly humans. When your above it all, who could doubt your wisdom?? Like driving in the wrong lane against traffic, your decision might be second guessed. From earth dwellers things like managed direct sales in Europe and declaring absolutely commitment to a failing and doomed brand all electric policy (AKA Dare Forward) is the stuff of fools not visionaries. Just me and good old mother earth under my feet talking sense. Scotty, time to buzz these guys home to the Enterprise.

james.mooney.

Reaction score
Cherokee is intended to be the mainstream Jeep D-CUV. Rumor has it that it will have hybrid and possibly full ICE drivetrains. Wagoneer S and Recon will likely be low-volume, high-margin vehicles. So even if they do not sell in huge numbers, that does not mean that they will be failures. Jeep has also left the door open to eventually adding hybrid and ICE versions of these models.

I'm with you in being nervous about the direction (or lack thereof) being taken with the Chrysler brand. But again, if the profit margins are high enough, future Chrysler vehicles could be considered successful even with low sales.

Users who are viewing this thread