Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jeep® Unveils Its Off-Road-Oriented Avenger 4xe For Europe

Jeep® has long been synonymous with ruggedness and adventure, and their latest model, the Jeep Avenger 4xe, is no exception. Unveiled to a group of European journalists, the Avenger 4xe builds on the success of the original Avenger (JJ), offering a modern twist with its hybrid powertrain and all-wheel-drive (AWD) capabilities. Eric Laforge, Head of Jeep Brand in Enlarged Europe, stated, “Avenger is one of Jeep’s biggest success stories, with over 90,000 orders from final customers, of which almost 30% are fully electric. In the wake of this success, Avenger 4xe will be the new benchmark in the B-SUV segment, … (read full article...)

Avenger4xe-5.jpeg

patfromigh

Reaction score
I get it, this Jeep is too small for our market. I will still be upset if some of the features from the Avenger 4Xe don't show up on other Jeep products sold here. I'm fairly sure the rear drive based Jeep products will receive a mild hybrid option because ZF says the next generation 8-speed is adaptable to 48V operation or high voltage, plugin hybrid. I would like to see the next Compass and Cherokee with a mild hybrid option. For most of us in the snow belt, an e-axle works just fine. The mechanical rear drive axle on the trail rated Cherokee is overkill for many of us.

The Avenger has a touchscreen on the dash, but it also has a real instrument cluster and physical controls for the HVAC. I'm not sure about the sound system. We want knobs and buttons. I hate these laminate touchscreen dashboards with hierarchical menus.

Cloth seats, yes! I like the styling and especially the stance with the meaty tires. These are some of the features I want to see on the future Cherokee and Compass. Affordable would be nice as well.

TripleT

Reaction score
I get it, this Jeep is too small for our market. I will still be upset if some of the features from the Avenger 4Xe don't show up on other Jeep products sold here. I'm fairly sure the rear drive based Jeep products will receive a mild hybrid option because ZF says the next generation 8-speed is adaptable to 48V operation or high voltage, plugin hybrid. I would like to see the next Compass and Cherokee with a mild hybrid option. For most of us in the snow belt, an e-axle works just fine. The mechanical rear drive axle on the trail rated Cherokee is overkill for many of us.

The Avenger has a touchscreen on the dash, but it also has a real instrument cluster and physical controls for the HVAC. I'm not sure about the sound system. We want knobs and buttons. I hate these laminate touchscreen dashboards with hierarchical menus.

Cloth seats, yes! I like the styling and especially the stance with the meaty tires. These are some of the features I want to see on the future Cherokee and Compass. Affordable would be nice as well.
You can get the awesome Eaxle rear drive go figure in the imported Dodge. :D :D .... sure that will change when the Compass is made in Brampton. The KM should get the ZF but Bob keeps talking about it being a all E axle vehicle.

Users who are viewing this thread