Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jeep® Teases New Wagoneer S In Short Social Media Film

Jeep® has had a busy day. First, the European-focused Avenger 4xe was revealed. Then, we got a teaser for the upcoming 2024 Jeep Wagoneer S, the brand’s first all-electric vehicle for the North American market. Recently teased on Jeep’s social media platforms with a captivating video titled “Surpass Yourself,” this sleek and powerful crossover is poised to make waves when it hits dealer showrooms this summer. What sets the Wagoneer S apart? Under its hood—or rather, powering its wheels—is a dual electric motor setup boasting an impressive 600 horsepower and 617 lb.-ft. of. torque. Translation? This electric Wagoneer S can … (read full article...)

WS024_009WS.jpeg

UN4GTBL

Reaction score
It was cool to see the Trackhawk included in it!

TripleT

Reaction score
make me curious about what the differences will be to the regular KM. Certainly a cheaper lighting and grill insert, will it have the sports back?

bill burke

Reaction score
A smaller but very upscale mid-size Wagoneer could be a winner for Jeep. I have owned two Cherokees, my wife loves them based on size and driving dynamics.
I do agree on the Cherokee but my high marks go to the smooth and strong V-6 and the solid build quality that rivals or exceeds high end imports like Lexus.
My issues are size, I’d like it to be wider and longer and more upscale and roomy inside. Looking at the Wagoneer S it looks like exactly what we would both want to replace our Cherokee. Big problem, we both want nothing to do with plug in electrics. I’ve purchased my Cherokee off lease because it’s running perfectly and flawlessly until something comes along that is clearly a step up. As I have said before, if it needs a plug, it’s a dud, so hopefully Jeep will save the S with a Hurricane six option or I shop elsewhere. I think the success of this vehicle rests with having a gas engine without that darn plug.

patfromigh

Reaction score
The video says it all, and confirms my suspicions. The S will be a pure battery electric replacement for the Grand Cherokee Track Hawk. It will not be a high volume model, IMO. The person in the video states the S will not have an IC engine alternative.The Recon will have a possibility of an IC option, but Jeep management hasn't committed to that project yet. We don't know what an ICE alternative for the Recon will be.

Today's powertrain alternatives are on a spectrum ranging from pure battery electric only EV, having an ICE as a range extender, PHEV, high voltage hybrrid, 48V mild hybrid, and a pure IC engine only at the opposite end of the spectrum. Ten years ago the CARB zerro emissions mandate was that only a few percent of vehicles sold in California has to be battery electric. Auto manufactures were able to meet this regulation by building compliance cars and offering them to the public with give away leases. The typical compliance car is an econobox subcompact or regular compact pulled off the assembly line and converted to battery electric. It was money losing, but the losses were manageable and considered part of doing business in California.

What are auto companies going to do when the mandates are 30 to 50% zero tailpipe emissions vehicles per year? Half the states are fighting federal mandates in a lawsuit, while the states which signed on to the CARB rules have half the US population. The lawsuit, if successful, will not affect the CARB mandates because that is a state's right issue.

TripleT

Reaction score
I don't think it is a replacement for the TrackHawk or they would have called it TrackHawk. It would be JGC based vehicle and should have the Hurricane as a option.

The reality is it might be slower, but more fun.

UN4GTBL

Reaction score
make me curious about what the differences will be to the regular KM. Certainly a cheaper lighting and grill insert, will it have the sports back?

I hope the KM does not have the sports back

Users who are viewing this thread