Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jeep® Bids Ciao To The Renegade In 2024 For The U.S. & Canada

Jeep® Bids Ciao To The Renegade In 2024 For U.S. & Canada​

Jeep's Smallest SUV In North America, Will Be Absent In The U.S. & Canadian Markets...​

tempImagex1iiYw.png

The Jeep® Renegade will not return for the 2024 model year in the U.S. and Canadian markets. The entry-level Renegade has been produced in Italy since its introduction for the 2015 model year. While it hasn’t been as massive a hit as elsewhere in the world, it has been a roomy, well-equipped, and flexible vehicle. So much so that I recently purchased a Limited 4×4 for my wife as a daily driver.

Last edited by a moderator:

bill burke

Reaction score
Jeep needs to get its ducks in order. The top guy at Jeep got axed, why not the Renegade. Quack, Quack time.

patfromigh

Reaction score
Before Sergio and Co. moved into Auburn Hills, the owners were running a dog and pony show to impress potential suitors and Uncle Sam before they flipped and stripped the outfit. The dog and pony act was known as ENVI and featured various plugin vehicles. There was a pure battery electric sports car, the Dodge Circuit and I think it was repainted and renamed. Some concepts known as range extended electric vehicles (Re-EV) were trotted out. One of them was based on a Jeep Patriot. While potential investors weren't interested a number of consumers were paying attention.

There is a serious unmet demand for a vehicle close in size, proportion and mission of that Patriot Re-EV. The future Wagoneer EV with range extender is neither affordable nor compact. North America never saw either the Renegade or Compass PHEV options. I thought the Renegade PHEV would have been a good fit in our market.

Stellantis doesn't want to be in the mass market competing with the Asian brands. So where is the new entry point for the Jeep brand? The Renegade replaced the Patriot and now the Renegade is gone. Jeep needs a vehicle which demonstrates basic utility at an affordable price.

crouchta

Reaction score
I still haven't heard what the sales goal for the Hornet is, but I have to assume the numbers so far are way lower than the target.....

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score
No big loss. It was way overpriced for such a dated, uncompetitive vehicle.

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
406418430_6915026651922747_7701756430733216461_n.jpeg

Literally, just purchased a Limited 4x4 for the wife last week. Great vehicle. My sister and mother-in-law both have them, and my best friend had a 1.4-liter Turbo 6-speed back in 2017 which was a blast.

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
No big loss. It was way overpriced for such a dated, uncompetitive vehicle.

It's not that dated. If it had a Uconnect 5 system in it I doubt many would say anything. GSE-T4 is a solid motor. Too bad, we didn't get the update the South American models got, or even a 4xe model. Interior layout feels like there is way more room for a taller, heavier set guy like me than a Compass or even the new Hornet. She actually liked the Renegade better than the Hornet overall.

TripleT

Reaction score
I still haven't heard what the sales goal for the Hornet is, but I have to assume the numbers so far are way lower than the target.....
Not sure that is possible given the volume imported at this point. Capacity and availability are the limiting factor to this point.

BWS1

Reaction score
Not sure that is possible given the volume imported at this point. Capacity and availability are the limiting factor to this point.
So what was the plan for the Hornet? Another “niche” car? If they didn’t have the capacity or some plan to mass produce a small to mid suv for the North American market, the product planners and those in charge of production should be tossed out in a hurry.The execution of this launch has been such a disappointment to watch and as time drags on, it makes one wonder what the future holds . Exploding inventory levels, declining market shares across the board,massive rebates, nervous dealers : all is not well with the health of this hodge podge we call Stellantis.

Mike201

Reaction score
So now entry level Jeep is now the Compass. Then the Grand Cherokee, then Grand Cherokee L then the Wagoneers, which don’t even say Jeep on them. Sorry to a Jeep guys, but I did not include the Wranglers because they are their own breed of Jeep!!!!
They best get the new Cherokee in production for a mid size Jeep SUV.

TripleT

Reaction score
So what was the plan for the Hornet? Another “niche” car? If they didn’t have the capacity or some plan to mass produce a small to mid suv for the North American market, the product planners and those in charge of production should be tossed out in a hurry.The execution of this launch has been such a disappointment to watch and as time drags on, it makes one wonder what the future holds . Exploding inventory levels, declining market shares across the board,massive rebates, nervous dealers : all is not well with the health of this hodge podge we call Stellantis.
I really don't have the energy to explain capacities to another group, that just wants to gripe about stuff instead of understanding. Each production unit per component has a given capacity. There are incremental increases as decisions are made, as tooled capacities are brought online, or not based on actual internal sales targets. Ramp up... (Now if want gripe bring up all at once there is thousand reasons why that is dumb) You don't want to overspend for actual demand, you don't want do ECRs on multiple tools sets. Alfa is definitely NOT a volume brand... Dodge generally is.... but as everyone keeps saying its not a REAL Dodge it is an Alfa clone.

Only way your gripe makes sense is if your mad for not being able to get one, if fills a market hole for now while STLA large products are being implemented, Great. they are in midst of Architecture shift is smaller vehicles sizes that are less popular and profitable in USA so that is lower priority to the big STLA large shift.

TripleT

Reaction score
So now entry level Jeep is now the Compass. Then the Grand Cherokee, then Grand Cherokee L then the Wagoneers, which don’t even say Jeep on them. Sorry to a Jeep guys, but I did not include the Wranglers because they are their own breed of Jeep!!!!
Wait JLs are not Jeeps ... they are the core Jeep.... Then of course WL which has a consistent link and succession to AMC. Those 2 Marque products have grown from 2 versions to 4, Now a Pickup....

Jeep J4U, KM49, KM74, EJ, WL74, WL75, JL, JLU, JT, Wagoneer, WagoneerL, Grand Wagoneer, and Grand WagoneerL ........... They are NOT product starved.

Jeep has no shortage of Product offering even without the Renegade which I like but seems some capacity in Italy will be shifted to other brands during the STLA Medium shift. I am more concerned with PSA based STLA Medium being suitable for a Jeep Platform I don't want Jeeps to become styling exercises for PSA's Iacocca style coach work engineering strategy. The Avenger already steps all over the Renegade in its core markets and it is definitely not suitable for NA.

Mike201

Reaction score
Wait JLs are not Jeeps ... they are the core Jeep.... Then of course WL which has a consistent link and succession to AMC. Those 2 Marque products have grown from 2 versions to 4, Now a Pickup....

Jeep J4U, KM49, KM74, EJ, WL74, WL75, JL, JLU, JT, Wagoneer, WagoneerL, Grand Wagoneer, and Grand WagoneerL ........... They are NOT product starved.

Jeep has no shortage of Product offering even without the Renegade which I like but seems some capacity in Italy will be shifted to other brands during the STLA Medium shift. I am more concerned with PSA based STLA Medium being suitable for a Jeep Platform I don't want Jeeps to become styling exercises for PSA's Iacocca style coach work engineering strategy. The Avenger already steps all over the Renegade in its core markets and it is definitely not suitable for NA.
Well if you read it I refer to the Wrangler as their own breed of Jeep, a true Jeep not some soccer moms SUV. As for the Wagoneers never said they were not Jeeps, just not labeled as a Jeep. Ie: For a While the Chrysler Imperial was an “Imperial” and didn’t wear Chrysler badges. Of course the Wagoneer is the top end. So someone looking at a Renegade would not be looking at a Wagoneer.

TripleT

Reaction score
Well if you read it I refer to the Wrangler as their own breed of Jeep, a true Jeep not some soccer moms SUV. As for the Wagoneers never said they were not Jeeps, just not labeled as a Jeep. Ie: For a While the Chrysler Imperial was an “Imperial” and didn’t wear Chrysler badges. Of course the Wagoneer is the top end. So someone looking at a Renegade would not be looking at a Wagoneer.
Unibody Jeeps are Jeeps. Wrangler is an exclusive class vehicle overall, that shouldn't be used as hammer to dimmish others. Every Trail rated Jeep is more than a Soccer Mom car.

So the Point? Jeep has a broad array of SUVs with KM and EJ move to STLA Large it now means that the only Vehicle that can be classified as CUV will be the J4U in the USA. Is that a bad thing?

BWS1

Reaction score
I really don't have the energy to explain capacities to another group, that just wants to gripe about stuff instead of understanding. Each production unit per component has a given capacity. There are incremental increases as decisions are made, as tooled capacities are brought online, or not based on actual internal sales targets. Ramp up... (Now if want gripe bring up all at once there is thousand reasons why that is dumb) You don't want to overspend for actual demand, you don't want do ECRs on multiple tools sets. Alfa is definitely NOT a volume brand... Dodge generally is.... but as everyone keeps saying its not a REAL Dodge it is an Alfa clone.

Only way your gripe makes sense is if your mad for not being able to get one, if fills a market hole for now while STLA large products are being implemented, Great. they are in midst of Architecture shift is smaller vehicles sizes that are less popular and profitable in USA so that is lower priority to the big STLA large shift.
Yeah I have an immediate need and have been considering one for close to a year. But I’m also not one to fawn over some new product and order one and wait for six months to receive it. If they want me to consider it, they need to have a few to chose from sitting on dealer lot that I can evaluate . I’m sure everything you’re educating me on is correct. I hate you’ve had to take the time to explain to us simpletons. But in the end, last time I checked, StLA is a car manufacturer. Might be a good idea to have a few in the pipe to sell, regardless of what incremental increases and capacities they’re evaluating . But I guess smarter people than me have this figured out, so I’ll go on and shop for a Hyundai or Kia like I’m sure you will suggest in your next response . Geez

TripleT

Reaction score
Yeah I have an immediate need and have been considering one for close to a year. But I’m also not one to fawn over some new product and order one and wait for six months to receive it. If they want me to consider it, they need to have a few to chose from sitting on dealer lot that I can evaluate . I’m sure everything you’re educating me on is correct. I hate you’ve had to take the time to explain to us simpletons. But in the end, last time I checked, StLA is a car manufacturer. Might be a good idea to have a few in the pipe to sell, regardless of what incremental increases and capacities they’re evaluating . But I guess smarter people than me have this figured out, so I’ll go on and shop for a Hyundai or Kia like I’m sure you will suggest in your next response . Geez
Many people are very happy with Korean cars they have more than adequately filled the bottom the market ...... Geez.

No one said you were a simpleton, but a good deal of time has been spent explaining that demand is only one element of a sales number.

The Hornet is on it ramp and demand evaluation phase. Margin is more important than volume in todays world. I suggest your Alfa dealer I would expect that even if you prefer the Dodge it would give a nice hands on.

Unless your specifically interested in the PHEV Franky the Compass is a better deal.

IronMike68

Reaction score
Declining sales HUH ???? Lest just forget about everything that has happened in the world from 2019-2023 model years as Covid had swept the country then the computer chip shortages, and then the lack of advertisement which has always been a lifelong DCJR problem initially they advertise them heavily then they just totally forget about anything and everything of their lineups. Renegades biggest downfall was its poorly executed 2015 MY release with the 1.4l and the 9spd issues and then the 2.4l oil consumption issues. We love our 2018 Renegade Latitude 2.4l it has been trouble free 5 years of ownership with just minor maintenance along the way and a set of tires. It does have some minor shortcomings but the pros far exceed the cons. It could've used the Uconnect 5 radio and upgraded seats and materials and the full sweep of safety feature. Pricing of the Renegade should've never been allowed to infringe upon the Jeep Grand Cherokee price territory which it does, the price of the Trailhawk and Limited Models you're within spitting distance. Shortcomings are minor like the lack of LED lighting even though it is available Jeep forced you to spend a extra $4500 on the Fun and Sun Group. I think a more refined drivetrain would've solved the majority of the problems. Then you sit and watch the Brazilian Market get some major updates in interior and exterior and crickets for the US market. I live within 1 mile of our local DCJR dealer and over the last 5 years 2018-2023 I watched the lot go from 10-15 Renegades on the lot to nada,zilch,zero we haven't had received a 2023 model yet. In a 50 mile radius there are only 10 Renegade models now 100 into the Dallas area it does increase quite a bit.

Attachments

• Rene1.jpg
    Rene1.jpg
    653.2 KB · Views: 0

IronMike68

Reaction score
It does say Jeep on them look on the sideview mirrors. It is Just inconspicuously placed but the Wagoneers and GW

IronMike68

Reaction score
It's not that dated. If it had a Uconnect 5 system in it I doubt many would say anything. GSE-T4 is a solid motor. Too bad, we didn't get the update the South American models got, or even a 4xe model. Interior layout feels like there is way more room for a taller, heavier set guy like me than a Compass or even the new Hornet. She actually liked the Renegade better than the Hornet overall.
I agree wholeheartedly with what you mention, when we initially were looking in 2018 for a new car I looked at the Compass It just felt cheap lacked headroom, even the Cherokee with its sloping doorline made ingress a PITA, two the women that work with my wife have the Cherokee and then they get into our Renegade and they're mind blown on how much more roomy it feels inside.

Users who are viewing this thread