Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hurricane for JL Wrangler?

danzy55

Reaction score
With the slight exterior / interior refresh 2024 safe to assume 2025 might bring the 3.0 inline hurricane to JL and JLU and retire the 3.6?

TripleT

Reaction score
Hurricane 4 is the replacement for the 3.6. Hurricane 6 SO is the replacement for the 5.7 and the Hurricane 6 HO is replacement for 6.4. I imagine it will be install eventually as replacement for the Apache model.

jessekelley

Reaction score
Hurricane 4 is the replacement for the 3.6. Hurricane 6 SO is the replacement for the 5.7 and the Hurricane 6 HO is replacement for 6.4. I imagine it will be install eventually as replacement for the Apache model.
How about Hurricane 6 SO? I'm interested in it. As I know, the SO variant can deliver enhanced power and torque. It's more than 400 hp. But, I don't know if it's correct or not.

TripleT

Reaction score
392 at the moment wouldn't take much to tune it over 400 in the coming years even from the OEM.

WXman

Reaction score
There's more to the equation than power. They would look at fuel economy as well when making that decision. We're already seeing the 3.0TT produce lower MPG than the 5.7 Hemi in the real world tests being shown on YouTube and other reviews online, so it's a guarantee that the 3.0TT would produce considerably less MPG than the 3.6 Pentastar. While it would be awesome to have 400 HP in a Jeep that's somewhat affordable, I seriously doubt Jeep would be interested in replacing the 3.6 with an engine that drinks gasoline like a bad habit, especially when the competitors' SUVs and midsize pickups are getting better economy with each iteration.

patfromigh

Reaction score
So far the 3.0 Hurricane 6 just uses a clunky stop/start. There has yet to be a mild hybrid version or even the BSG. I can't imagine Jeep or Ram would want to continue with that once Kokomo is producing the newer 8-speeds.There is an untouched fuel efficiency potential in the Hurricane six with electrification.

TripleT

Reaction score
3.6 already has a replacement Wrangler never had 5.7 … clickbait YouTubers with a heavy foot in the massive Wagoner isn’t a proper comparison but quicker by a lot is. Those driving Wrangler interested in economy get 4xE. Those want ultimate grunt get the 392. The HO will be proper replacement

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
With the slight exterior / interior refresh 2024 safe to assume 2025 might bring the 3.0 inline hurricane to JL and JLU and retire the 3.6?

The GME-T6 won't be in the Wrangler as far as I know. I think its too long to package, similar to the issue with the Grand Cherokee.

Dizz1979

Reaction score
The GME-T6 won't be in the Wrangler as far as I know. I think its too long to package, similar to the issue with the Grand Cherokee.
I thought the Grand Cherokee, with the long hood, was designed to handle the size of the inline 6.

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
No the package would have to have a completely redone engine bay layout with different engine mounts and what not.

Users who are viewing this thread