Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How Did Stellantis Do In The United States In 2021?

How Did Stellantis Do In The United States In 2021?​

Lots Of Leftover Vehicles, Help Dealers Sell Units...​

1641503210578.png

As the continuing semiconductor chip shortage plays havoc with automakers, Stellantis (FCA US LLC) posted its Q4 2021 results with 411,513 units sold or an 18% decrease over Q4 2020. Overall, the automaker managed to sell 1,777,394 vehicles throughout 2021, down just 2% over 2020.

“2021 had unique challenges driven by the various supply chain issues, but our dealers didn’t let that slow them down, and we’re proud of their sales performance,” said U.S. Head of Sales Jeff Kommor. “As we head into the new year, demand for our vehicles continues to be strong and our inventory is improving. We anticipate a continuation of the robust demand and sales volumes into 2022 with our existing and new products, which are backed up by the industry accolades across our brand portfolio, including the Grand Wagoneer, Wagoneer, Ram 1500, and the new Jeep® Grand Cherokee (WL).”

Last edited by a moderator:

TripleT

Reaction score
WOW that is incredible. I guess inventory zero worked out... I talked a guy who owns a Ford dealer... said the business model isn't horrible, you get good margins, you don't have money tied up in inventory.

justbekuz

Reaction score
Could someone tell me how models going back to a 2017 production date being sold as 'new' on the annual sales report? Were they mules or EPA stat vehicles for a few years?

Deckard Cain

Reaction score
Man, this supply constraints really did a number on sales.
All those old models being sold as new are crazy. The Giulia really needs a refresh and new engines.
Chrysler and Dodge are holding amazingly. That to me is an indicator they have a very big chance of increasing sales if they would just get new models. It's not like they have much space to increase Jeep's range anymore. Ram could use a mid-size pick-up to compete against the Maverick.

Users who are viewing this thread