What's new
Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Motors market capitlization passes Stellantis - 2024-08-16

@cygnus

I doubt that it's because of lack of V8 or solely because of it.

A lot of wrong decisions from Stellantis, bothched car launches, BEV only craze...

Escalade, Tahoe, Suburban, Yukon, Corvette, and pickup trucks make all the profit at General Motors, so I have to disagree with your assessment.

V8s are literally Atlas, holding up the weight of world that come with EV delusions.

Last edited:
@cygnus

Well... First of all we should see prediction and sales numbers by engine, cabin type, and so on and on. By FoMoCo, GM and Stellantis. Then we may draw some conclusion.

To be honest I'm not against GME T6, I'm for it but I'm also not for it as the sole engine option.

"Well... First of all we should see prediction and sales numbers by engine, cabin type, and so on and on. By FoMoCo, GM and Stellantis. Then we may draw some conclusion."

Just look at all of General Motors profit - it all comes from V8s. Seriously, it's not that hard. The lions share of the profit come from high level trims with V8s. It's that simple.

"Well... First of all we should see prediction and sales numbers by engine, cabin type, and so on and on. By FoMoCo, GM and Stellantis. Then we may draw some conclusion."

Just look at all of General Motors profit - it all comes from V8s. Seriously, it's not that hard. The lions share of the profit come from high level trims with V8s. It's that simple.
they say:
GM lays off more than 1,000 salaried software and services employees. GM is laying off more than 1,000 salaried employees globally in its software and services division following a review to streamline the unit's operations. The layoffs include roughly 600 jobs at General Motors' tech campus near Detroit.

Infotainment design and subscription services, post 2018, was a fool's errand to begin with - we peaked with adding Carplay and Android Auto in the 2017 and 2018 MY. People don't want subscription add-ons. People don't give a **** about having Chat GPT in their car.

The firmware flashing for EVs is Engineering Costs, separate bucket, which comes along for the ride when you believe in EV delusions.

EVs bringing up the fleet average are just the cost of doing business in a business environment that has legally mandated EV delusions. God willing, we will Trump in office and another Republican after that for another eight years.

I sincerely hope Mr. Rhodes can save what is left. Hoping it's not too late. Hoping this company we love can be brought back and support the staff, employees, and craft-people that this country has to offer.

Back