What's new
Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FIRST LOOK: 2024 Dodge Charger Daytona First Editions

FIRST LOOK: 2024 Dodge Charger Daytona First Editions​

My Honest Opinion of the New Dodge Charger After Seeing It in Person...​

1723253346411.png

The all-new, all-electric 2024 Dodge Charger Daytona made its official public debut today at the media preview for Roadkill Nights Presented by Dodge at M1 Concourse in Pontiac, Michigan. I was among the invited journalists who saw the new Charger Daytona up close. After seeing multiple prototypes testing on the streets of Detroit, the production model is very faithful to the concept I saw in 2022.

I see some comments her describing this design as "gorgeous" etc. I'm not sure what some people's definition of gorgeous is, but this design imho is hideous, I've owned a 16 Hellcat for nearly 5 years before selling in in 21 and that imho opinion was an iconic work of engineeringand art(yes the scalloped doors were a huge part of the appeal)adding flared fenders in later years just added to it's attraction for me but this version electric or not is as plain vanilla as any American or foreign car could be and pales in comparison to my current ride of engineering and artistic beauty a 17 Jaguar F-TYPE R ! This Charger to me is reminiscent of an early 2000's Mitsubishi Gallant and has absolutely nothing iconic about it's bland design and regardless of some not wanting anything to do with electric it will sell a small percentage of the high volume sales of the previous version and personally whomever designed it and or approved of the final design should be kicked to the curb with extreme prejudice!!
Sorry but the "bandit mask" 2015-2023 Chargers had Mitsubishi Eclipse looking front ends. The hood scoop and wide body flares looked like they were tacked on at Autozone. I couldn't bring myself to buy one and stayed with my 2013. This new car looks more like a modern Charger would/should look than the 2015-2023. Granted beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but such a strong opinion as yours just comes off as haterade bias. Especially after invoking the F-Type as a work of "artistic beauty". Its a run of the mill coupe design. Nothing special in the market.

Your wife won't let you drive you're own car?
I’m henpecked and love it. Actually she does not drive my Crossfire or Challenger and we share the Jeep as our everyday ride. I can drive anything at any time but she needs to feel comfortable in our next daily driver car.
I just might keep the Jeep and add the Charger. Hold on it’s my wife.....yes dear, I’ll be off the computer in a second.
I’ve got to go !

YEAH, the Classic COKE bottle charger is Hideous, how dare they take a chapter out of that horrible design like people have been asking for, for over a decade. They should have made it look like a generic Indian owned Euro Vehicle.

Never mind, styling is subjective, that this is deep cut heritage design of one of the most recognized designs in automotive history, everyone involve should be fired because a blind cat might think it looks like Galant, and anyone that likes it should be rounded up and sent to a forced Labor camp.

Scallops are the critical design element not the shape, if it doesn't have scallops and 4 doors it is not a Charger. They need to be plastered on it like Lee used Chrome.

In all seriousness the 2005 car was designed before it had a name, it was supposed to be called Dodge Interceptor. They only called it Charger because they did a focus group and 70% of the people there knew a Charger was made by dodge which they figured would save them over 200 million in advertising costs. They did the same thing with that Dart abomination (it was to be called Dodge Aria)

Anybody care to take a crack at what you think the base price will be when the Six Pack model comes out next year? Like the absolute least expensive version of this new Charger? I'm thinking $49,980.

Anybody care to take a crack at what you think the base price will be when the Six Pack model comes out next year? Like the absolute least expensive version of this new Charger? I'm thinking $49,980.
I think the same

In all seriousness the 2005 car was designed before it had a name, it was supposed to be called Dodge Interceptor. They only called it Charger because they did a focus group and 70% of the people there knew a Charger was made by dodge which they figured would save them over 200 million in advertising costs. They did the same thing with that Dart abomination (it was to be called Dodge Aria)

In 2005 Ford was still using the Interceptor name on their police fleet cars. Would have been interesting to see how that lawsuit would have panned out....

Back