Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FIAT Kills Most Of Its Lineup In North America For 2021 Model Year:

FIAT Kills Most Of Its Lineup In North America For 2021 Model Year:​

500X Will Be Only Vehicle To Live On In North America...​

2021-Fiat-500X-Pop-with-Sport-Appearance-Package.-FIAT-5.jpg

It’s no secret that the FIAT brand has struggled to gain traction in the North American market since the brand was re-introduced just over a decade ago. The brand’s small car lineup simply doesn’t compete against a majority of other automakers, due to the market’s infatuation with trucks, SUVs, and crossovers. But is the Italian … (read full article...)

Last edited by a moderator:

MPE426HEMI

Reaction score
The Fiat 500 is actually a very good car (I own two) but unfortunately, Americans cannot see the virtue of owning a small car. I have never understood the SUV/Pickup mania in this country, 90% of the time, it's just me in the car. I can thread my way through traffic like a cat, and I can park anywhere. The car is also solid, contrary to reputation. Neither car has had an issue. and after 8 years of production, there have been only four recalls, three of them very minor, and the fourth in the first year of production, handled by the factory.
I can never I understand why everyone needs a P/U or huge SUV either or how people and government who’s content on pushing global warming or responsible use of resources down our throats, think it ok. Just goes to show you that money talks and BS walks.
As for the 500, it could be the best car on the planet, but I’ll never own one. If I was living in Manhattan, I guess it would make more sense. Way overpriced in my area.

TripleT

Reaction score
I can never I understand why everyone needs a P/U or huge SUV either or how people and government who’s content on pushing global warming or responsible use of resources down our throats, think it ok. Just goes to show you that money talks and BS walks.
As for the 500, it could be the best car on the planet, but I’ll never own one. If I was living in Manhattan, I guess it would make more sense. Way overpriced in my area.

I have 2 actually 1, as one of my daughters is off on her own. They both want new ones when they can afford it, if it offered. I picked them up used, low mileage, great bargain. It like the perfect car for a young lady, reminds a lot of the Omni and Horizon back in the day. The miscalculation was in launch.... and A segments cars just don't have the big a market in USA. Big roads and big parking places offering them at all CDJR dealers would have made it more popular, as you said you would never own one, it doesn't fit that many peoples lifestyles but there are those who it does like my daughters who love theirs.

AlexB

Reaction score
Why not crawl back under your bridge. When Fiat rode in a Saved Chrysler the company was about to be sold to 3 other manufacturers. Dodge and Chrysler were to killed. The Germans had stolen... Literally stolen all the money on failed attempt to acquire Mitsubishi, They developed a series of poor products forcing on a Catia that was compatible with nothing, Pinching every penny out the cars. Nearly each version was poorer then the model it replaced. RT, the Avenger, the Sebring, the Journey, Caliber, Patriot, Compass... were all worse then the outgoing model including the powertrain. By the time the New Yorkers were involved the company was nearly dead, and all they were doing was repackaging it for liquidation. Fiat came in kept company whole, invested in product immediately, Stripped out the hideous Daimler era interiors, dump that POS Jatco, even investing in the 200 that should never have been approved.

They did miscalculate the Fiat launch trying to mimic Mini.... when it should have just been a add on to CDJR dealers but most of what post is manure. Fiats sell as well per dealer as the 300, the issue is that isn't enough to support a dealer that isn't make a high margin, in the end it is a economy car.

Go back to uninformed bobble heads at that other site, spout you ignorance. Fiat stole about as much money from Chrysler as you could get blood from a turnip, in last year they were so insolvent that they had to pay supplier in Cash just to get parts.
Amen.

patfromigh

Reaction score
I'm hoping Fiat in North America gets some proper attention now that Stellantis has introduced new blood into the boardroom. As I've said before, import the the new electric Fiat 500. If Fiat isn't offering a PHEV version of the 500X, then market a different plugin 4-door here. How far away is the Centoventi from production? Fiat, as a brand, only needs a few key vehicles to survive, but they must be sold throughout the entire CDJR dealer network.

Slightly off topic, vehicles I would like to see:

I would like to see a Fiorino van based on the e-mini platform. Selling it here in the USA would be difficult because of the chicken tax, so put in a rear seat with windows in the sliding doors. (BTW, I'm talking about the EU Fiorino, not the Latin American version.)

I would like to see some Alfa Romeo models tailored more to the North American market. I think there should be a trim level along the lines of the GT trims in Dodge vehicles. What I mean by this is AWD, with the base engine and four season tires. Such a trim would be more affordable than the all out performance models and offer better year round capability in the snow belt. For all I know Alfa already offers such a trim here. Am I blaspheming with this idea?

If and when the Centoventi is produced, I would like to see a version tailored for the US market. This would be a basic model with few options, but with a decent battery range. The new 500 electric offers the "Action" trim which is close to the idea, but i want more power and battery range in the base trim.

TripleT

Reaction score
Well the Ti sport already exists, remember Alfa Romeo isn’t tooled to be high volumes.

Users who are viewing this thread