Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FCA: investment for Alfa suv in Pomigliano

Bili

Official Pilot
Staff member
Reaction score

Google translate:

Part of the investment in the production of the new Alfa Romeo C-SUV model in Pomigliano. This was announced by FCA at the rsa in a meeting in which the increase from 10 to 12 weekly shifts was also announced due to the greater demand of Fiat Panda. "A good news for Pomigliano: the first investments for Alfa Romeo are beginning to take place, we are confident that soon the more substantial ones will be announced that will invest the future assembly lines", comments Fiminando Uliano, Fim national secretary.

The investments - explains Fim - will start in May and will involve the coating and above all painting, where the most important intervention concerns in particular the replacement of the current robots with other technologically more advanced ones, to improve the quality, efficiency and above all the production capacity . The painting will have to satisfy both the production of the Panda and that of the future Alfa Romeo. There will then be investments to adjust the test track which must be adapted to the highest Alfa Romeo standards.

Archknight

Reaction score
I'm anxious to see what becomes of the investment and what else will be coming from this plant. When hearing that whatever Alfa announces at Geneva may not hit the market until September 2020, it was disappointing. Then I thought after hearing this, maybe they meant September for ramp up of a 2020 model year with the translation into English. Alfa needs models as quickly as possible, in which case, I would love to see another brand outside of Dodge and Jeep have appealing models to get excited about.

Mopar426

Reaction score

Bili

Official Pilot
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm anxious to see what becomes of the investment and what else will be coming from this plant. When hearing that whatever Alfa announces at Geneva may not hit the market until September 2020, it was disappointing. Then I thought after hearing this, maybe they meant September for ramp up of a 2020 model year with the translation into English. Alfa needs models as quickly as possible, in which case, I would love to see another brand outside of Dodge and Jeep have appealing models to get excited about.

ASOP September 2020. So pilot production should start in late 2019. Pilot as final bodywork prototypes.

MY is strictly American term, used by American customers. In industry and around the world it's always calendar year.

I dont know if its relevant or not but Alfa is not listed as premiering anything at Geneva:

They are listed for an exhibitor conference, but so is everybody else:

Could just be the the recently announced F1 stuff and the Giulia / Stelvio that are painted red and white that have already been shown.

Have you read both Jeep and Alfa Romeo press?

BTW; live from Geneva:

Source: largus.fr

Users who are viewing this thread