Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FCA Extraordinary Shareholder Meeting and Q4+Full Year U.S. Sales Thread: Jan 4th 2021

AlexB

Reaction score
Some press reported that PSA technically buys FCA. So I guess it's all finance-technical voodoo anyway.
5 Board members will be All New so no bias to anyone.

AlexB

Reaction score
Questions & Answer time...........FCA's lawyers are performing.

AlexB

Reaction score
Question about CEO's successor.
Lawyer gave the standard legal answer.

AlexB

Reaction score
The deal is approval
John announce 99% of FCA's vote yes for the deal .
Stellantis will happen.
John wish everyone a great new year.
John closes the meeting.

AlexB

Reaction score
Poor mister Chrysler's great-great-great-great-great-great-grandson.:ROFLMAO:
Out of respect(Frank), I did chose not to post it, given how ''jack up'' he gets the Netherlands structure in the so-called ''proposal''. Its like reading GM's trash lawsuit filing.
The Netherlands structure is the direct successor of Fiat SPA............so Fiat is the dominating founding of Stellantis.

AlexB

Reaction score
Richard Palmer is rumored to remain CFO of FCA/Stellantis because of experience in handling Wall Street which Carlos has none .
The interesting thing will be the CFO in Michigan, while CEO is in either Italy/France, and COVID limiting travel.

Bili

Official Pilot
Staff member
Reaction score
Richard Palmer is rumored to remain CFO of FCA/Stellantis because of experience in handling Wall Street which Carlos has none .
The interesting thing will be the CFO in Michigan, while CEO is in either Italy/France, and COVID limiting travel.

The only surprising position was the one of Mike Manley. Head of Americas. I thought that he will be COO of the whole FCA. But maybe that would put him on the clear path for the next CEO position. This leaves him against his counterpart on the European side which should come from PSA.

Who will be Stellantis' CTO? Harald Wester? Or is he close to retiring? If it's not him I would like to see someone from FCA side. Maybe someone like CEO of CRF Roberto Fedeli. If not him than someone from American side. I don't know who. Maybe Micky Bly. @patfromigh likes him.
For sure I would not like to see someone from PSA at this position.

But as I've already said I think that Stellantis will put more emphasis on brand CEOs. Far more than FCA is doing it. Actually FCA had renamed them from CEO to Head of the brand. Whatever.

Mopar392

Reaction score
Now that the merger is approved, we need to see their products plan for the next 5 years.

AlexB

Reaction score
The only surprising position was the one of Mike Manley. Head of Americas. I thought that he will be COO of the whole FCA. But maybe that would put him on the clear path for the next CEO position. This leaves him against his counterpart on the European side which should come from PSA.

Who will be Stellantis' CTO? Harald Wester? Or is he close to retiring? If it's not him I would like to see someone from FCA side. Maybe someone like CEO of CRF Roberto Fedeli. If not him than someone from American side. I don't know who. Maybe Micky Bly. @patfromigh likes him.
For sure I would not like to see someone from PSA at this position.

But as I've already said I think that Stellantis will put more emphasis on brand CEOs. Far more than FCA is doing it. Actually FCA had renamed them from CEO to Head of the brand. Whatever.
I think Ralph will continue as Head of Global Design. (Christian Müller) PSA person will be the headed of technical/engineering at Stellantis whom came from GM.

If Palmer the CFO, I think it will between Manley, Palmer once again for CEO with the wild card being do John want to be the CEO.

Bili

Official Pilot
Staff member
Reaction score
I think Ralph will continue as Head of Global Design. (Christian Müller) PSA person will be the headed of technical/engineering at Stellantis whom came from GM.

If Palmer the CFO, I think it will between Manley, Palmer once again for CEO with the wild card being do John want to be the CEO.

If I don't want something that's PSA leadership on technical front. Give them marketing and sales network. They are far better than FCA in that aspects. But their engineering it just not at par.

I would like to hear @TripleT and @MJAB on this subject.

AlexB

Reaction score
If I don't want something that's PSA leadership on technical front. Give them marketing and sales network. They are far better than FCA in that aspects. But their engineering it just not at par.

I would like to hear @TripleT and @MJAB on this subject.
Christian is a Opel/GM Lifer until Opel was sold.............could come handily if GM is the next to ''Cease'' John ''settle the score'' with Mary(fired).

Bili

Official Pilot
Staff member
Reaction score
Christian is a Opel/GM Lifer until Opel was sold.............could come handily if GM is the next to ''Cease'' John ''settle the score'' with Mary(fired).

Micky Bly is ex-GM guy. He was axed by GM then scaled down their electrification plans.

Bili

Official Pilot
Staff member
Reaction score
September.......Carlos's 5 year plan (ala Sergio).
Carlos never did plans ala Sergio. Focus on future models. Not AFAIK. Only about future technologies, platforms and so on. Together with margin goals.

TripleT

Reaction score

If they don't take up the Computational development cycle that has evolved under FCA the last decade, then you might as well buy a soulless appliance from Korea. If anyone of you argues about how good the Koreans have become, then you don't get it. Certainly some on another site will pine on about the good old days for generic cars running around with different bodies on them with $5k on the hood. But you do that a Alfa and Jeep and you ruin the brand equity and you looking at Korean margins without the cost structure to support viability.................... at least RAM and Big Jeeps can rest on knowing they have no clue how to make NA Trucks.

AlexB

Reaction score
Carlos never did plans ala Sergio. Focus on future models. Not AFAIK. Only about future technologies, platforms and so on. Together with margin goals.
But with John as boss and Sergio's ''right-hand man'' in Palmer I fully expect such plan.

Users who are viewing this thread