Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dodge's All-New Charger Daytona Will Debut On March 5th

Finally, we are getting our first official word on when we can see the production-ready 2025 Dodge Charger Daytona. At the J.D. Power Auto Summit in Las Vegas this week, Matt McAlear, Dodge’s Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing, announced that the all-electric Charger Daytona would be making its official debut on March 5th. … (read full article...)

tempImageb0jM0p.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Mopar392

Reaction score
I like its look. But they had better to have designed so it can be fitted with an internal combustion engine, otherwise its just a pile of (expensive) future scrap with a giant, toxic battery.
The platform is flexible, and they showed it with a Hurricane engine and a transmission .
The question is if the engine bay is big enough to swap in a HEMI without major modifications.

TripleT

Reaction score
The platform is flexible, and they showed it with a Hurricane engine and a transmission .
The question is if the engine bay is big enough to swap in a HEMI without major modifications.
why do that when the Hurricane has well over 1000 hp potential in it. If you want to build a Hemi car I know where you can get a raw LX series Chassis cheap.

Mopar392

Reaction score
why do that when the Hurricane has well over 1000 hp potential in it. If you want to build a Hemi car I know where you can get a raw LX series Chassis cheap.
Because Big ole HEMI V8 complements the classic look of the new Charger.
It’s not about efficiency and speed.

TripleT

Reaction score
Because Big ole HEMI V8 complements the classic look of the new Charger.
It’s not about efficiency and speed.
Oh no its about speed, braking, raw power. Why were the Hemi cool, because the were brutally fast, its not about Cubic inches. The only advantage is sound. I am coming around to let each model stand on it own. Get LX, build a LX. Get a B body let it be a classic Bbody. Let the New Charger have a chance to make it own Legacy. Tune the crap out of Hurricane ... Embarrass as new Mustang even a Tesla.

logan

Reaction score
Finally, we are getting our first official word on when we can see the production-ready 2025 Dodge Charger Daytona. At the J.D. Power Auto Summit in Las Vegas this week, Matt McAlear, Dodge’s Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing, announced that the all-electric Charger Daytona would be making its official debut on March 5th. … (read full article...)

View attachment 9135
Nice looking car if it was a Kia...

TripleT

Reaction score
Great another flame thrower new member.... does this seem like a Troll spot now?

patfromigh

Reaction score
I still want the Kia built (probably under license) Kaiser Jeep M715. It is currently called the K311 series, but export versions have a different number.

Rangerd

Reaction score
Oh no its about speed, braking, raw power. Why were the Hemi cool, because the were brutally fast, its not about Cubic inches. The only advantage is sound. I am coming around to let each model stand on it own. Get LX, build a LX. Get a B body let it be a classic Bbody. Let the New Charger have a chance to make it own Legacy. Tune the crap out of Hurricane ... Embarrass as new Mustang even a Tesla.
The hurricane doesn't have the same power potential as the hemi

TripleT

Reaction score
The hurricane doesn't have the same power potential as the hemi
That is factually incorrect… it started popping heads at 1000hp and the Hurricane has 1500hp versions already. If your talking a few runs and the self destructing I guess.

But Yeah No.

AlexB

Reaction score
Stellantis has stated their EV's are structured to make money.
Second, Stellantis has different emission profile than Ford, hence in the 2012-2019's the company was buying up credits,and still was paying a small fine.
Now, with change in Presidency in 2020, those fines will get way bigger & more aggressive.
Even if the Presidency did change, there's still the CARB Standards going up until 2035.
Confirmed..Stellantis EV and PHEV products are profitable just not as profitable as ICE.

MotorMaven

Reaction score
EV is fast only when it's fully charged, and that's take 45-60minutes, compared to filling a tank of gas in less than 5minutes.
When the infrastructure supports the proposed change over to full EV, then come back and tell me the EV is better than the ICE or Hybrid.

Sounds like you haven’t used an EV since the original Leaf.

A 400 volt architecture car will charge from 20% to 80% in less than 20 minutes at a fast charger. An 800 volt car will get from 20% to 80% in less than ten.

And if you’re like most drivers, you’ll rarely use a fast charger anyway, because you’re charging your car back up to “full” every evening in the garage.

By 2035, EVs will be the only options for sale in states representing half the population and around 70% of US GDP… and with companies like BYD bringing out 500 mile range EVs for under $20K, it’s hard to see obsolete gas cars selling for 50% to 100% more holding on even to 2035.

BYD, VinFast and other Asian OEMs will flood the U.S. market with cheap and high quality Mexican built EVs sooner than most expect; if Stellantis and other automakers don’t have compelling product to compete, they’ll disappear.

patfromigh

Reaction score
I charge BEVs and PHEVs as part of my job responsibilities. I work with level 2 charging stations where I am at the airport.I doubt we will see any high speed charging anywhere on airport property because our security team hates things with a significant potential to explode. I don't know what will happen if the send battery electric transit busses our way. Those things are nasty. I haven't seen much in the way of overnight charging for the newest BEVs in our fleet. A full charge takes a couple of days and gives a cold weather range of 170 miles in the case of the BMW I4 models we have. The lone Tesla we're experimenting with does even worse. Our bank of charging stations is private. The public charging stations are near the top floor of the parking garage. They are a constant source of frustration for those who try to charge their EVs at the airport, due to overcrowding, breakdown, and reliability problems.

The government funded high-speed charging network is a FAILURE. After a billion USD spent, only two charging stations were built, but not yet opened. There is way too much DEI involvement, because it is written into the law. Only the affluent can afford an EV., but the equity provisions built into the Inflation Reduction Act stipulates that poor neighborhoods get preference for charging station locations. Copper thieves love it.

The CCP has invested a lot into the current administration to have their way on critical materials such as lithium and cobalt. Consumers are being forced to buy expensive and impractical vehicles to enrich our nation's adversaries. Meanwhile China and India remain the largest consumers of coal on the planet.

When a battery electric school bus goes up in flames with fifty schoolchildren aboard, the conversation of battery electric for everything on wheels will abruptly change. It won't be a black swan event because those are not predictable. That is why some of us use the phrase green swan event, because such an occurrence is predictable to a number of people who didn't drink the Kool-Aid.

Mopar392

Reaction score
Sounds like you haven’t used an EV since the original Leaf.

A 400 volt architecture car will charge from 20% to 80% in less than 20 minutes at a fast charger. An 800 volt car will get from 20% to 80% in less than ten.

And if you’re like most drivers, you’ll rarely use a fast charger anyway, because you’re charging your car back up to “full” every evening in the garage.

By 2035, EVs will be the only options for sale in states representing half the population and around 70% of US GDP… and with companies like BYD bringing out 500 mile range EVs for under $20K, it’s hard to see obsolete gas cars selling for 50% to 100% more holding on even to 2035.

BYD, VinFast and other Asian OEMs will flood the U.S. market with cheap and high quality Mexican built EVs sooner than most expect; if Stellantis and other automakers don’t have compelling product to compete, they’ll disappear.
You are either out of the reality or trying to fool yourself.
EU is pulling back on their regulations and US gov might announce the same thing in the coming weeks.
You can get all the volt architecture you want, if the infrastructure doesn’t support it, you won’t go nowhere.

Rangerd

Reaction score
That is factually incorrect… it started popping heads at 1000hp and the Hurricane has 1500hp versions already. If your talking a few runs and the self destructing I guess.

But Yeah No.
Sorry there's no way the six can make the same power as a v8 remember

But Yeah No.
So they are popping heads on the new demons? There's more than a few hemis running well over 1500 hp lol

TripleT

Reaction score
Sorry there's no way the six can make the same power as a v8 remember

So they are popping heads on the new demons? There's more than a few hemis running well over 1500 hp lol
Yes the heads were coming apart, that was why delay...

There are modern Hemi running around with over 2000hp doesn't mean they don't self-detonate way before a factory warrantied engine would be allow for public sell. LOL

And are you saying the Cummins can't make better power then the V8 equivilents at Ford and GM.... WOW

There were OFFY engines that made way more hp then the V8 engines of the time. Cylinder count does not define power.

We seem to have a educated group here, let's not argue silly things. Solution bias is always a failure in engineering.

JohnRogers

Reaction score
I'm seriously starting to get excited and may tune in live Tuesday. I wasn't expecting to feel this way. I'm keeping an open mind.

JohnRogers

Reaction score
That's it? I expected a Q&A or something after the glitzy video. As far as I'm concerned the Hurricane Six stuff toward the end should have been more but Timmy shows it and talks about it. Now I think I might want one.

3 stars for the video...fake exhaust is till LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread