Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dodge's All-New Charger Daytona Will Debut On March 5th

Finally, we are getting our first official word on when we can see the production-ready 2025 Dodge Charger Daytona. At the J.D. Power Auto Summit in Las Vegas this week, Matt McAlear, Dodge’s Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing, announced that the all-electric Charger Daytona would be making its official debut on March 5th. … (read full article...)

tempImageb0jM0p.png

Last edited by a moderator:

bill burke

Reaction score
Wishing Dodge great success, but think they missed the target on these Chargers. I’ll give them a look in Hurricane form, but think I’ll pass on replacing my Hemi Challenger with these. Hope they look better in person. You never know.

Crocodile

Reaction score
Firstly, BEV sales are not in some deep dive because anyone who is sane knows Hemis are the be all and end all.

Secondly, I note the author is getting warmed up to compare the new vehicle unfavourably to Hemi-powered relics of a bygone era.

Mike201

Reaction score
Screw the EV Charger. Get this car out with the hurricane engine and the hybrid engine. The EV can wait till later in the year. Isn’t auto manufacturing about selling cars? The ICE and hybrid will sell more than the EV’s. So why wait? To kill sales of the new Charger before they start? BAD MOVE!!!

MPE426HEMI

Reaction score
Wow, a real nice looking car, I must say, great design. But I’m not interested in anything EV. I’ll keep an eye out for what comes along with ICE. Hopefully it won’t be a let-down. Dodge has done well in the past, so I think it may turn out just fine!

crouchta

Reaction score
Screw the EV Charger. Get this car out with the hurricane engine and the hybrid engine. The EV can wait till later in the year. Isn’t auto manufacturing about selling cars? The ICE and hybrid will sell more than the EV’s. So why wait? To kill sales of the new Charger before they start? BAD MOVE!!!
Because selling the EV only first is the only way to sell the EV?? I could consider a hybrid, but I'm still in the "not me" category when it comes to a pure EV.

JustTheFactsMaam

Reaction score
It’s an absolute shame that we are not getting a V-8 version of this new vehicle, but lay the blame with Biden and his eco commie administration for imposing such ridiculous emissions regulations on the industry. Pray for a change in the WH in 2025.

vbondjr1

Reaction score
Not gonna lie, looking forward to seeing what they do with this car. Looks really good IMO. I am interested in seeing the ICE variants and potential hybrid variants. I will definitely miss the sound of the v8 cars but the performance potential of the hurricane tt i6 has definitely piqued my interest. I'm even hoping the pentastar 3.6 makes its way into the new car potentially with a hybrid 8 speed behind it with awd.

Tasso

Reaction score
Beauty and the Beast in one, that's what I would call it! The design is absolutely great and the performance will certainly be too. As I'm from Germany, the question for me is whether Dodge is also focussing on the European market. I hope so, because my next car is due in September and I would love to drive the new Charger on German Autobahn! Maybe someone has some insides!

Rangerd

Reaction score
Let us know when they are selling the brand name to someone that wants to sell cars people want

bill burke

Reaction score
Wishing Dodge great success, but think they missed the target on these Chargers. I’ll give them a look in Hurricane form, but think I’ll pass on replacing my Hemi Challenger with these. Hope they look better in person. You never know.
Firstly, BEV sales are not in some deep dive because anyone who is sane knows Hemis are the be all and end all.

Secondly, I note the author is getting warmed up to compare the new vehicle unfavourably to Hemi-powered relics of a bygone era.
Admittedly I have reservations about this new Charger. I will give it a try, but to call the Hemi a relic is inaccurate, it’s a powerful, efficient and reliable engine that might be irreplaceable for many Dodge enthusiasts. As stated the new Charger could surprise and that’s a good thing. Expect every automotive critic and review to make this comparison. Hope Dodge sells millions and maybe I’ll be one.

Mopar392

Reaction score

Sorry to burst your greenie bubble, but HEMI or the V8 would and could have a chance if the European mindset management invested in it. Remember, DCJR has had multiple patents on techs related to the HEMI that never saw the light.

Nobody mentions the ROI, because it all depends on the how the business case is measured and targeted.

Mopar392

Reaction score
I wonder which one of the aftermarket companies will offer a swap kit for a HEMI engine.

Yes, if I can swap a HEMI, I can make it faster than a Hurricane.

200C Ghost

Reaction score
As Ford is presently experiencing ED (electric dysfunction) as they are continuing downsizing their F150 production numbers, due to buyer apprehension I would expect Dodge to fast trac the availability of the ICE models?

Mopar392

Reaction score
Ford and GM are rethinking their all-out EV strategy. Sure hope Stellantis would do the same before losing their market shares.

MJP360

Reaction score
The concept doesn't look very good. Maybe it looks better in person. EV sales are slowing and Dodge is releasing an EV prior to releasing the ICE version. Doesn't make much sense to me. Sales of the EV might be below expectations while sales of the 2 door and 4 door ICE version will be non-existent for months.

Users who are viewing this thread