What's new
Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dodge to Reveal Charger Daytona EV Exhaust Sound

Dodge to Reveal Charger Daytona EV Exhaust Sound​

Roadkill Nights Event to Showcase Production-Ready 2024 Model...​

1722538188447.png

In the evolving landscape of electric vehicles (EVs), Dodge is gearing up to make a significant announcement at the upcoming Roadkill Nights event. The automaker is set to unveil the final sound of its innovative Fratzonic Chambered Exhaust technology on the all-new, all-electric Dodge Charger Daytona. This system is designed to bridge the gap between the beloved rumble of traditional muscle cars and the quiet operation of modern EVs.

https://moparinsiders.com/dodge-to-reveal-charger-daytona-ev-exhaust-sound

Okay so I want to speak on something really quick here about the pricing reveal on the first edition cars and what I think people have forgotten about them, These cars are coming equipped with the Stage-2 packages right from the start so you're getting pretty much what would be the equivalent of Hellcat performance for slightly less money with what should be a faster car, when looking at the first edition Scat Pack. So that's the MSRP without tax credits or anything else. Now we all know, unless something happens to regulate pricing that alot of dealerships are going to try to do crazy markups, which if they do will absolutely hurt the sales of these cars but I just want people to really think about what these cars are offering for their price. The R/T first edition car has more horsepower than a scat pack and should have roughly equal performance to the outgoing 392 so it's slightly more expensive but performance priced accordingly (with the factory installed stage kit). Just looking online a Tesla, a "base" out the door Model-S is roughly $77K-82K depending on which wheels you opt for. Now, credit where credit is due, The Tesla Model S dual motor 670hp sedan has a FAR BETTER RANGE than what Dodge is offering. That's not to be contested at this point until Stellantis gets better at their EV craft. Granted I know Stellantis made the statement that the car isn't about economy, when your competition offers similar power with less weight with over 100-miles better range, Stellantis could have afforded to be a little better in that area with both the Scat and R/T. So, to be fair, the prices aren't as astronomical when put into perspective. I would have to assume a regular Scat Pack Charger Daytona EV without the Stage kit will be around $58K and an R/T between $40K-$45K as a guestimate.
On the other side of the equation, The six pack cars may be relatively affordable, even the six pack HO coupe. While down on power compared to the Scat Pack (550hp in the Hurricane with less weight vs 590hp in the EV without the Stage-2 pkg.) The Hurricane is going to be a pretty potent car. While it's factory exhaust doesn't sound the best, this car is going to be a monster once the aftermarket gets to it or even Direct Connection. Just as I said above for the Daytona Version, once companies like Borla and Vicrez get their hands on this car, it's going to be pretty awesome to see what they can do with this thing, but it doesn't stop there. You figure all of those companies that really specialize in Turbocharged performance are all going to all over this thing and we're going to have a car that may quickly become what cars like the MKIV Supra TT, the R34 and cars like that were back in the '90s. This is going to be the car to have when you really think about it because it's a much improved platform when compared to the outgoing platform with improved characteristics for handling. I just wish there was going to be a manual transmission option for this car. A two door Charger 550hp twin turbo AWD with a Tremec TR6070 7-speed manual or even better a 4-door Charger with the 550hp option and the Tremec 7-speed manual would be an Amazing vehicle. Give it a little bit of nostalgia with a Hurst short throw shifter with a pistol grip handle or an optional cue ball or 8-ball knob from Direct Connection and people might be happy. IDK there is a part of me that is genuinely excited to see what is coming just because of the potential of what this car can be

OK I was pessimistic good they got that down pretty good.

Sounds like well a car, not a spaceship.

Sounds good for a turbo car. For an EV... Guess?

Dodge Teases Fratzonic Exhaust for 2024 Charger Daytona​

Nostalgic Roar in Teaser Video Sparks Calls for HEMI V8 Return...​

Dodge has captured the attention of muscle car enthusiasts and EV skeptics with a new teaser video showcasing its innovative Fratzonic Chambered Exhaust. The video, posted on Dodge’s social media accounts, features the all-electric Dodge Charger Daytona Scat Pack emerging from a tunnel with a sound reminiscent of a roaring V8 engine. This sets the stage for the official reveal at the upcoming Roadkill Nights event.

Wow! It sounds like …… a V8. Just what I’ve always wanted. No wait, forgot, I already have a real one that’s old and doesn’t have smog controls so never mind.
That one should really lasso the hold outs and bring em to the table. Am I the only one who ever steps back and horse laughs at the level of stupidity and nonsense we’ve reached as a society? Let’s make an electric car and save the planet , but for gods sake make it just like the gas ones we outlawed so people will buy it. And while we’re at it, make it as heavy and fast as we can, that will save the planet in double time!

While I'm not underwhelmed, I'll also say it's maybe a bit too much imitation/lean on yesterdays car? Then again look at what they had to show for their efforts two years ago..

Am I greedy on hoping for installing a different sound profile now though? TripleT certainly was onto something.

Did anyone see the 2011 movie The Dilemma with Vince Vaughn and Kevin James?
The subplot is the 2 of them working with Chrysler to develop the right sound for electric Chargers.

Weird, right?

Good luck with the reduced revenue - if it isn't a hemi why bother. What's next? they will try to sale me an ugly mini SUV as a sports car.

Good luck with the reduced revenue - if it isn't a hemi why bother. What's next? they will try to sale me an ugly mini SUV as a sports car.
what was your last username?

While I'm not underwhelmed, I'll also say it's maybe a bit too much imitation/lean on yesterdays car? Then again look at what they had to show for their efforts two years ago..

Am I greedy on hoping for installing a different sound profile now though? TripleT certainly was onto something.
Loved the rims on this one.

I'm pretty sure the staff are already getting onto posting about it, but..think Stellantis heard our upsetness over the pricing?
Edit but they clearly only wanted to completely eliminate pricing leak misconceptions, and aren't bowing to cries and wants for cheaper Chargers (yet)...

$59,595 for the first R/Ts
$73,190 for the first Scat Packs

Last edited:

Dodge Releases Final Fratzonic Exhaust Sound for Charger Daytona​

Here Is The Official Sound Of The New Charger Daytona...​

1723239581342.png

In a bold move that fuses heritage with cutting-edge technology, Dodge has taken the wraps off the final performance character of its all-new Dodge Charger Daytona’s Fratzonic Chambered Exhaust system. This groundbreaking system was revealed during a press conference preview at the highly anticipated Roadkill Nights Powered by Dodge event, setting the stage for what enthusiasts can expect from the all-electric 2024 Dodge Charger Daytona R/T and Charger Daytona Scat Pack.

Hello, fellow hemi charger owner and finally checking in after following this site for a long time. Anyways, my thoughts:
1. Sound is pleasantly familiar haha, better than the weird boomy buzz in the concept, but more appropriate to generate nostalgia for a future generation when V8s are long gone due to politics. Currently it just seems way too premature and basically fake. It's as if they're implying, "look, we know this what really want, but we can longer build it, so here, have this imitation instead"

2. IMO, they missed a big opportunity to actually pipe REAL electric motor and gear sounds out with the Fratzonic exhaust. I don't know how many people are aware that electric motors and attached transmission (single speed reduction gear or 2‐speed for Porsche or multispeed for race cars and retrofits) are NOT quiet at all. Think about how loud electric power tools or kitchen equipment are! The only reason commercial EVs are quiet as they are is because the motors and gearing are completely isolated (with liquid cooling drawing the heat out from attached inverters etc) and surrounded by layers of sound and vibration dampening as usual in a production car. Remove all of that and you actually have a loud EV when driven at speed. But when you do need that in production vehicle, then perfect application of "exhaust" pipes in an EV is, instead of exhaust combustion gasses, rather to exhaust the intrinsic sounds out of the normally muffled and isolated drive/powertrain compartments

The drifting scene from the sound unveil video is rather eerie, granted that's mostly because of the tires. Sorta like how the sound amps up when it's done with its donuts though.

There's also this video of the revving which..I like better than when it drove by in the Stellantis released video.

All in all acceptable considering this is the path they chose to take, but I also really don't know now if this could be memorable honestly. Curious to hear more of it, probably will have more clips soon now that I imagine the testing cars are permitted to turn the Fratzonic on.

Tip of a hat to the engineers tasked with this for getting so far.

Sounds better than both the HO Coyote, without having to replace the heads, and the Corvette V8.

Back