Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dodge Releases First Photos Of The Next Gen Dodge Charger!

Now that production of the popular Dodge Charger and Challenger muscle cars has ended, Dodge fans have been waiting for something to get excited about. The community was teased in August of 2022 when the Dodge Charger Daytona SRT Banshee Concept was shown during the Dodge Speed Week event. Since then, the concept has been shown at a few auto shows, but not much new information came to light until mid-October of 2023. Photos of a production-ready Charger body in white were leaked, presumably from somewhere in the body shop at the Windsor Assembly plant. While these photos didn’t reveal … (read full article...)

Image 10.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

vbondjr1

Reaction score
I must say I'm truly impressed with the looks of the car and I would love to see the inside! Happy it has a spoiler on the back! My biggest hope is that direct connection goes overboard with upgrades for the ev variants and ice variants

ChargerFan1

Reaction score
I'd maybe consider the EV one once it gets a solid state battery and there is better charging infrastructure, until then its not going to sell very well.

bill burke

Reaction score
Up front, I am a Dodge man to my core and want the brand to prosper representing American Muscle. I have come to grips with the Hurricane six and even all electrification, but this design needs work.I find this pre-production Charger coupe to be pleasing and sleek, but uninspiring. It needs more styling cues like scallops on side doors and the front grill and fenders are just bland. Love the sloping rear roof area and tail lights, that need a bit more character. Worst are the side view mirrors that are intrusive, disrupt the flow of the upper belt line right where the car needs a character feature. The Dodge designers got that right in 1968. Work on that guys. Those mirrors are horrible. Give me an interest feature that defines the car better.
Still hoping for a Challenger that might use the basic body of the Charger with a different, much more bold front, side and rear design, since, though attractive, the Charger just fails to stand out as a performance “ Dodge” coupe.
Get out your pencils design team, this baby needs something much more distinctive and identifiable. Go Dodge!

Mopar392

Reaction score
Up front, I am a Dodge man to my core and want the brand to prosper representing American Muscle. I have come to grips with the Hurricane six and even all electrification, but this design needs work.I find this pre-production Charger coupe to be pleasing and sleek, but uninspiring. It needs more styling cues like scallops on side doors and the front grill and fenders are just bland. Love the sloping rear roof area and tail lights, that need a bit more character. Worst are the side view mirrors that are intrusive, disrupt the flow of the upper belt line right where the car needs a character feature. The Dodge designers got that right in 1968. Work on that guys. Those mirrors are horrible. Give me an interest feature that defines the car better.
Still hoping for a Challenger that might use the basic body of the Charger with a different, much more bold front, side and rear design, since, though attractive, the Charger just fails to stand out as a performance “ Dodge” coupe.
Get out your pencils design team, this baby needs something much more distinctive and identifiable. Go Dodge!

Keep in mind, this is a pre-production, so stuffs could change. Also, as the article said, this is the Daytona model, which is the EV version. So sloppy front grill comes with the package.
I agree on the door scallops. I was thinking something is missing, and you pointed it out.

vbondjr1

Reaction score
Would love to know roughly how big this car is. Also with this being a pre-production model, hopefully the production model will have scalloped doors. Also wondering what is going to be the final sound of the Fratzonic exhaust system and the possibility of them teaming up with Borla on a version of the system that may even have a more "organic" V8-like soundtrack, similar to what Hyundai did with the Ioniq-5 N in making it sound similar to a turbo-4. Someone mentioned in the comments of the possibility of this being a "base" Daytona. If that is the case, I wonder if there will be an Aero package more similar to what the current Chargers have from the GT trim levels on up? I have a feeling that this car is going to be one of the most customizable EVs on the Market, as it definitely has the potential to be. All three trim levels already have 2-stage tuning packages (I just hope Dodge doesn't go through with the goofy marketing tactical of performance "subscriptions") but just the thoughts of styling, handling, brake upgrades, and even performance are all things that can be offered right through direct connection so there is no reason why this car can't be successful even as an EV. Seriously looking forward to seeing this car when it finally hits the lots and when all of the information is out there on this car. I could definitely see having this as my next Mopar

vbondjr1

Reaction score
I absolutely 100% agree about the door scallops, that needs to happen!

James.A

Reaction score
I'm beyond tired of the scalloped door. This looks much more coke bottle like and cleaner. Time to leave the boy-racer design elements in the past IMO. Very pleased with the design of this.

Mopar392

Reaction score
I don’t think the scallop doors are a boy-racer design.
The ‘68-‘70 had them and it makes the side looks better than a bland one.

1705248268086.jpeg

But, if they decided to go with the pre-production as a final design, I won’t complain. At least we got a retro 68 design, and I bet we will have one of the aftermarket parts companies coming out with scalloped doors.

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
Would love to know roughly how big this car is. Also with this being a pre-production model, hopefully the production model will have scalloped doors. Also wondering what is going to be the final sound of the Fratzonic exhaust system and the possibility of them teaming up with Borla on a version of the system that may even have a more "organic" V8-like soundtrack, similar to what Hyundai did with the Ioniq-5 N in making it sound similar to a turbo-4. Someone mentioned in the comments of the possibility of this being a "base" Daytona. If that is the case, I wonder if there will be an Aero package more similar to what the current Chargers have from the GT trim levels on up? I have a feeling that this car is going to be one of the most customizable EVs on the Market, as it definitely has the potential to be. All three trim levels already have 2-stage tuning packages (I just hope Dodge doesn't go through with the goofy marketing tactical of performance "subscriptions") but just the thoughts of styling, handling, brake upgrades, and even performance are all things that can be offered right through direct connection so there is no reason why this car can't be successful even as an EV. Seriously looking forward to seeing this car when it finally hits the lots and when all of the information is out there on this car. I could definitely see having this as my next Mopar

It's roughly the same size in dimension to the current Charger

vbondjr1

Reaction score
68-70 chargers (which is what this car is inspired by) all have door scallops on them, one of the distinct and more notable styling features of the second generation car and would help distinguish this car from the plain and flat side styling of the Challenger or Chrysler 300 and would add to the sculpted, athletic, muscular appearance the Charger usually posesses and further distinguish it from the challenger which it definitely needs to be (think athlete vs dad bod, the charger has the athlete look). Sound (whether real or synthetic) for this kind of car is actually important being that the purpose of any muscle car is to distinguish it from the rest of the pedestrian vehicle on the road. I don't think many Hellcat or Daytona owners want their cars to be as quiet as a Lincoln towncar. Styling, power and sound are literally the reasons people buy muscle cars or performance cars. So even though the sound would be synthetic, it is an important factor of this type of vehicle.
It's roughly the same size in dimension to the current Charger

thank you

TripleT

Reaction score
Its Electric this is Daytona EV.. WHAT GRILL?? It's a front wing.

Steelborn1

Reaction score
When I can get one with a big V8 let me know. Until then, I couldn’t care less.

Users who are viewing this thread