Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dodge Releases First Photos Of The Next Gen Dodge Charger!

Now that production of the popular Dodge Charger and Challenger muscle cars has ended, Dodge fans have been waiting for something to get excited about. The community was teased in August of 2022 when the Dodge Charger Daytona SRT Banshee Concept was shown during the Dodge Speed Week event. Since then, the concept has been shown at a few auto shows, but not much new information came to light until mid-October of 2023. Photos of a production-ready Charger body in white were leaked, presumably from somewhere in the body shop at the Windsor Assembly plant. While these photos didn’t reveal … (read full article...)

Image 10.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Mopar392

Reaction score
Finally a Charger coupe but only in EV 😢
This assuming the ICE coupe will still be a Challenger.

James.A

Reaction score
Does the ICE launching last mean they potentially won't be 2025 cars? That's a massive disappointment if true. That being said, I do love the looks - not disappointed there. Despite what the sources say, could this pic be of be a 4xe with the fuel door?

TripleT

Reaction score
Let me guess the

LB49 will first be launch with ICE

LB29 Daytona Launched as EV

LB29 Challenger ICE.

Maybe Daytona and Challenger will be the defined by that difference while the LB49 has both

Jared B

Site editor
Staff member
Reaction score
Proportions look even better in person ;)

No this is a straight EV, my guys tell me it looks to be a complete base model. If it was a 4XE there would be a charge port on the front fender. ICE and EV will share fuel door location with the charge port being under the fuel door on EV models.

I had heard of a hybrid like the 4XE paired with the 2.0T, but it's been over a year since, and crickets since with people saying they think it's canceled. Apparently only the Hurricane is slated as an ICE option.

Jared B

Site editor
Staff member
Reaction score
Let guess the

LB29 Challenger ICE.
This is my theory, I'm trying to get some answers.

I am withholding some stuff that I have been told and will do a follow-up article when I get answers to some questions I still have outstanding.

TripleT

Reaction score

No this is a straight EV, my guys tell me it looks to be a complete base model. If it was a 4XE there would be a charge port on the front fender. ICE and EV will share fuel door location with the charge port being under the fuel door on EV models.

I had heard of a hybrid like the 4XE paired with the 2.0T, but it's been over a year since, and crickets since with people saying they think it's canceled. Apparently only the Hurricane is slated as an ICE option.
That a shame because base plus 4xE powertrain would be awesome pairing easily outperforming the Eagle cars.

Mopar392

Reaction score
Let me guess the

LB29 Challenger ICE.

Maybe Daytona and Challenger will be the defined by that difference while the LB49 has both
Question is, will there be a LB49 ICE considering there is almost no full-size sedan being offered in the US market.

TripleT

Reaction score
You mean domestic full sized sedans... Plenty otherwise and as long as it is performance focused it will have place.

Coupes are more rare.

Mopar392

Reaction score

I do wish a 4Xe like, and not Ram REV, tech to be offered across all the range, from whatever to power the base model to the HO Hurricane.

Bob O.

Reaction score
Now that production of the popular Dodge Charger and Challenger muscle cars has ended, Dodge fans have been waiting for something to get excited about. The community was teased in August of 2022 when the Dodge Charger Daytona SRT Banshee Concept was shown during the Dodge Speed Week event. Since then, the concept has been shown at a few auto shows, but not much new information came to light until mid-October of 2023. Photos of a production-ready Charger body in white were leaked, presumably from somewhere in the body shop at the Windsor Assembly plant. While these photos didn’t reveal … (read full article...)
I see a nice swooping rear window/deck ready for NASCAR Racing, bring it.

James.A

Reaction score

Interesting stuff!

Speaking of proportions - this looks smaller than expected... Like possibly smaller than the out-going Challenger (I'm not complaining about that. I like what I think I see)... What's the word on size?

Jared B

Site editor
Staff member
Reaction score
I haven't heard anything on sizing yet, but after seeing it, I think it's a little smaller than the current Challenger. It could just be a visual trick, though.

Derek

Reaction score
Sooooo..is there gonna be a challenger or this thing with a challenger nameplate and gas engine?

Jared B

Site editor
Staff member
Reaction score
Sooooo..is there gonna be a challenger or this thing with a challenger nameplate and gas engine?
That's what I'm trying to figure out. I can't imagine them doing 2 completely different coupes, though...

The front end would be different for sure as this won't work for cooling on the ICE model, and it likely wouldn't fit under the sloped hood either. I think I would be ok with it if we got revised front and rear ends and a different C-pillar/quarter window on this car, and they called it a Challenger with a gas engine.

Derek

Reaction score
That's what I'm trying to figure out. I can't imagine them doing 2 completely different coupes, though...

The front end would be different for sure as this won't work for cooling on the ICE model, and it likely wouldn't fit under the sloped hood either. I think I would be ok with it if we got revised front and rear ends and a different C-pillar/quarter window on this car, and they called it a Challenger with a gas engine.
Yea I'm like you it's gotta have that look!Screenshot_20230514_110016_Gallery.jpg

vbondjr1

Reaction score
I'm absolutely in love with this thing. Waiting for more news

Users who are viewing this thread