Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dodge Patents Active Aero Solution For Charger Daytona R-Wing

On August 17th, 2022, the Dodge Charger Daytona SRT Banshee Concept debuted at the brand’s Speed Week event during the week of the Woodward Dream Cruise. Dodge’s concept featured a polarizing design that broke from the brand’s current styling language. The R-wing A notable and very innovative feature of the design is the front R-wing, which not only pays tribute to the original Charger Daytona’s design but cleverly channels air through its front opening to significantly enhance downforce while retaining an aerodynamic profile. The term R-wing was coined for Stellantis Chief Of Design Ralph Gilles and has made it through to … (read full article...)

Image 230.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

bill burke

Reaction score
I must state clearly, Dodge did as much as they could under severe corporate policy to build a fantastic electric vehicle. This innovation is one example of a tough challenge that was met with talent and vision. Call me optimistic.
Problem is this vehicle is being launched, again under a misguided corporate policy, at a bad time as the all electric market is evaporating rapidly. There is hope as there may, I say MAY be enough folks who will be turned on by this rather unique performance vehicle. I know if I was an electric vehicle buyer, the Charger would be my choice. Hope these electric fans will be there for Dodge.
As the reality of the car market sets in, it is the Charger Six Pack that could save Dodge, especially the four door, but the investment in that gas powered Charger must come out of the Daytona budget or new dollars from corporate coffers.
I do believe the Hurricane powered Charges will create a new performance chemistry for Dodge, it will be a challenge needing mega dollars, lots of gimmicks and nostalgia for Dodge fans for the legacy set by the beloved Hemi, but that legacy is more than one engine, it’s been captured so clearly in the next generation Charger. Maybe it’s the new wing as we go forward, yes Dodge loyalists.....with “ a wing and a prayer”.

Users who are viewing this thread