Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dodge Hornet Tops The Top-10 Slowest Selling Vehicle List

Stellantis continues to be in trouble going into February, with seven of the automaker’s vehicles making the top-10 of the slowest-selling vehicles. According to the automotive data website CarEdge.com, it marks the sixth straight month where the automaker has dominated that list. Make Model Average Selling Price Market Day Supply Total For Sale Dodge Hornet … (read full article...)

0T7A8500.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

TripleT

Reaction score
Exactly
They're bland, overpriced, and badge engineered. There's nothing in this car that I want. As a former 1st gen Durango and SJ Grand Wagoneer owner - both of which I loved - it's sad to say there is nothing in the current Mopar lineup that I like. And we're buying a new car this year - an SUV or truck. I wish they kept on making the 3rd gen Durango. I know there still some available, but we aren't buying until late summer. But a bigger thing holding me back from buying any Mopar at the moment is whether it will still be around in five years. It looks like the EV revolution is going to be a bloodbath instead and the former Chrysler brands look like they'll be some of the victims.
NEW JGC is superior to the WK2 based Durango in every way. I knew because I have had both. Dodge isn't going anywhere it has the youngest demographic.... the lie right now is the economy. It really isn't very good but it being propped up like it is because it is a election year.

What do you mean the EV revolution is going to be a bloodbath. I just say the UAW endorsed the Candidate that is pushing the mandates. So that can't be the case, why would the UAW act in a manner that is counter to rank, and files own interest. Surely offshoring 40% of powertrain won't be a problem, lack of demand won't be a problem.

TripleT

Reaction score
Least they have a few Chargers unless those are also GTs... And for god sake take off the shipping chin spoiler protectors.

1707428205167.png

REAL L series :D :D :D

BWS1

Reaction score
It’s unraveling fast. Pick your favorite era , go find one you like , buy it and hold on to it.

MoparRay

Reaction score
Stellantis doesn't have the right people in charge of the American brands or they aren't giving them the resources to make good decisions. The Hornet should of had different styling than the Alfa and priced around the Compass or cheaper. The Hornet is probably going to get cancelled after this year.

piggly522

Reaction score
Part of the problem with this is you’ve got an R/T badge on a car that doesn’t live up to the R/T badging. They need to put an engine in it with some ass.

TripleT

Reaction score
It’s got plenty of omf only a half second off the Charger RT…they would be wiser to appeal to those who want efficiency…. PHEV and fun is a good combination but you would not know it from the ads. A GLH version with the 2.0T upfront and the Electric in the back would be a great combo.

The one

Reaction score
We don't have any Hornets in our rental fleet. That said, if a PHEV doesn't get a decent level of battery charge when new, it may brick under the right conditions. I was able to force a Mitsubishi PHEV to start in cold weather by turning on the defroster full blast with the heat turned all the way up. This convinced the computer to go into ICE mode. I was then able to drive to the charging station. This also happened with a brand new Wrangler 4Xe, but this time we weren't as fortunate. It required an odd combination of plugging in to a wall outlet and one of those jumper boxes for the 12V battery.

One thing the legacy Chrysler Corp brands have working against them is it has become very hard to obtain a loan to buy one. I was turned down for a Jeep Cherokee despite having a 30% down payment.
Yup, Terrible Credit 😞

Mike201

Reaction score
It’s unraveling fast. Pick your favorite era , go find one you like , buy it and hold on to it.
I have my 1958 Plymouth Belvedere show car sitting in my garage. It’s not going any where but car shows! I just hope I can still get gas for it in 11 years! Lol

the pup

Reaction score
Sad.y one might have predicted this combination of negative factors that has damaged the Hornet right from the start. It is, in my opinion a good looking small crossover trying hard to be a muscle SUV that Dodge bet a bunch on and bet wrong. I have no answer but to say, many predicted this one. I get the same bad feeling about the new Charger. Going for electric muscle just might kill Dodge.
Hope I’m wrong.
Unfortunately you're not wrong. In my newly remodeled dealership there is virtually no dodge or Chrysler signage or imaging with the exception of a picture of an older 1940ish dodge. Everything else is all jeep. The service lounge area is all jeep as well. The hornet is a piece of euro trash with a dodge nameplate attached to it and Tavares knows it. I honestly believe that he wants to gut dodge and Chrysler like a fish and replace their lineup with junk opals, Renault and Peugeot, etc and stick a dodge badge on them. As for the ev muscle car I'm not a player. Sure the firsties will buy them and then they will sit on the lot. With the challenger gone, I'm pretty much done with dodge

TripleT

Reaction score
Unfortunately you're not wrong. In my newly remodeled dealership there is virtually no dodge or Chrysler signage or imaging with the exception of a picture of an older 1940ish dodge. Everything else is all jeep. The service lounge area is all jeep as well. The hornet is a piece of euro trash with a dodge nameplate attached to it and Tavares knows it. I honestly believe that he wants to gut dodge and Chrysler like a fish and replace their lineup with junk opals, Renault and Peugeot, etc and stick a dodge badge on them. As for the ev muscle car I'm not a player. Sure the firsties will buy them and then they will sit on the lot. With the challenger gone, I'm pretty much done with dodge
Xenophobic nonsense hasn't had a break since the New York ownership nearly actually killed, and intended to kill Dodge and Chrysler, imagine being so poorly informed that you think Renault and Opel have the same ownership.

TripleT

Reaction score
It’s not ugly, it’s one of the better looking vehicles in that class, it is less attractive and and underdressed compared to to Italian Sister, which can be had for about the same price with some haggling. There is no winning you ad product and people still bitch.

What they need is a low margin Kia competitor they can lose there a$$ on to make the legacy value buyers, who were used to taking advantage of a dying company, happy. If those “buyers” can pull themselves away from the keyboard and Lee Iacocca shrine long enough to be an actual consumer.

Users who are viewing this thread