Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dodge Hornet Tops The Top-10 Slowest Selling Vehicle List

Stellantis continues to be in trouble going into February, with seven of the automaker’s vehicles making the top-10 of the slowest-selling vehicles. According to the automotive data website CarEdge.com, it marks the sixth straight month where the automaker has dominated that list. Make Model Average Selling Price Market Day Supply Total For Sale Dodge Hornet … (read full article...)

0T7A8500.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

bill burke

Reaction score
Sad.y one might have predicted this combination of negative factors that has damaged the Hornet right from the start. It is, in my opinion a good looking small crossover trying hard to be a muscle SUV that Dodge bet a bunch on and bet wrong. I have no answer but to say, many predicted this one. I get the same bad feeling about the new Charger. Going for electric muscle just might kill Dodge.
Hope I’m wrong.

Mopar392

Reaction score
I’d understand the huge supply for Charger, Challenger and the 300, since the old L-cars production ended in Dec and the new Charger replacement production won’t start until, maybe, the second half of the year.
Since being the last of the run, and as with other manufacturers, price gouging is expected, but not Stellantis expected.

TripleT

Reaction score
I looked at Hornets and might as well get a Tonale they end up being the same price in the end. They are packaged and equipped oddly. To get leather is difficult. The dealers don't have idea about how the cars work.

Here is big thing they aren't keep them charged. I saw more dead then alive.

patfromigh

Reaction score
We don't have any Hornets in our rental fleet. That said, if a PHEV doesn't get a decent level of battery charge when new, it may brick under the right conditions. I was able to force a Mitsubishi PHEV to start in cold weather by turning on the defroster full blast with the heat turned all the way up. This convinced the computer to go into ICE mode. I was then able to drive to the charging station. This also happened with a brand new Wrangler 4Xe, but this time we weren't as fortunate. It required an odd combination of plugging in to a wall outlet and one of those jumper boxes for the 12V battery.

One thing the legacy Chrysler Corp brands have working against them is it has become very hard to obtain a loan to buy one. I was turned down for a Jeep Cherokee despite having a 30% down payment.

Mike201

Reaction score
While I was purchasing my new Durango, my 26 yr old daughter came for the ride. She saw the Hornet and said hey that’s cute. Not what I think Dodge is looking for in response to it. We actually looked at one and she seemed to like it a lot more than me. The price was a bit over her budget.
As for me, was not impressed at all. I know I am going to get slammed for this but from what I saw on line, I actually like the China made Dodge Journey being sold in Mexico a lot more than the Hornet. Now in my defense, I am a Pro American who waves the the colors and very conservative!! So the Communist China is not my cup of tea, and being of Italian decent, I am shocked myself at my likings!!!

Bello

Reaction score
Too small. Not much cargo room. Americans like larger cars. The Journey sold in Mexico is what Americans want. Wake up Stellantis!

UN4GTBL

Reaction score
I mean, it's a blatantly rebadged Alfa that costs too much, I'm not surprised at all

Rangerd

Reaction score
Almost like I saw this coming who would have guessed Italians don't get what Americans want. Said it before I'll say it again stellantis will be the death of the American Mopar brands

Mopar392

Reaction score
One need to keep in mind the breakdown of the trims, engines and options.

For example, I was searching on Autotrader and Cars for a 6-speed manual WB Shaker Challenger, but they are not easy to find.

Yes, I do have ‘17 Scat Pack Shaker with 6-speed. But, I was looking if something can pursue me to stop spending my money on my Ram project.

TripleT

Reaction score
Hardly any Chargers around here, and everyone I look at in person has been Driven Hard and put away wet.

Mopar392

Reaction score
Hardly any Chargers around here, and everyone I look at in person has been Driven Hard and put away wet.
True. Also, need to know how many dealers nationwide and where these supplies are.
Maybe the dealers are greedy and failing to move them

TripleT

Reaction score
True. Also, need to know how many dealers nationwide and where these supplies are.
Maybe the dealers are greedy and failing to move them
Mine had rows of Challengers and 1 Charger GT, and 3 SXTs

Mopar392

Reaction score
Mine had rows of Challengers and 1 Charger GT, and 3 SXTs
And I guess you were looking for a HEMI??
That’s my point. Maybe what’s being offered doesn’t cater to everyone’s preferences and needs.

Mopar392

Reaction score
They are either hard to find or priced too high to make any sense of the purchase.

PRM

Reaction score
They're bland, overpriced, and badge engineered. There's nothing in this car that I want. As a former 1st gen Durango and SJ Grand Wagoneer owner - both of which I loved - it's sad to say there is nothing in the current Mopar lineup that I like. And we're buying a new car this year - an SUV or truck. I wish they kept on making the 3rd gen Durango. I know there still some available, but we aren't buying until late summer. But a bigger thing holding me back from buying any Mopar at the moment is whether it will still be around in five years. It looks like the EV revolution is going to be a bloodbath instead and the former Chrysler brands look like they'll be some of the victims.

Users who are viewing this thread