Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dodge Charger Daytona Launch Delayed By 90 Days To Fix Issues

Dodge Charger Daytona Launch Delayed By 90 Days To Fix Issues​

No Summer Launch For The New Charger, Will Come In The Fall...​

1718824742979.png

Dodge’s controversial all-electric 2024 Charger Daytona is facing a significant delay. According to multiple dealer sources, the cars have been pushed back by 90 days. Sources close to the program have told us that the postponement is necessary to address several electrical issues that have surfaced during testing.

CloversPlusCats

Reaction score
Again, not unexpected of a first model year platform let alone car, but what a blow.
Skeptics online are gonna have a ball once this spreads to other outlets.

scatpack_69

Reaction score
The roll out for this has to be nearly blemish free for any semblance of success to occur. And we start off with a big ol’ zit on the nose. Not good, but better to delay and fix than issue recalls.

I’m skeptical on the EV market, but hope this is good enough, in conjunction with the Six Pack, to be successful. Otherwise, we’re dead in the water

vbondjr1

Reaction score
A for effort and kudos to the brand for trying something new. While I will be waiting for the Hurricane powered vehicles to come out next year, I wish them well

patfromigh

Reaction score
It's not easy being green.

If they are going to have a rear drive only, battery electric option, then offer a range extender. Leapmotor offers such a setup in their C01 EREV sedan.

MJP360

Reaction score
Great planning. Who thinks of this stuff? No new product to replace the discontinued product. And planning to roll out an EV before the gas powered version is available. I applaud the effort to create a high performance EV, but it seems that few people want or can afford an EV. Get an EV if you want but don't shove it down my throat.

James.A

Reaction score
Great planning. Who thinks of this stuff? No new product to replace the discontinued product. And planning to roll out an EV before the gas powered version is available. I applaud the effort to create a high performance EV, but it seems that few people want or can afford an EV. Get an EV if you want but don't shove it down my throat.
I suspect that the Sixpack won't be much more affordable...

bill burke

Reaction score
No anti-electric rant from me, an ounce of caution is advisable with this important vehicle for Dodge. Not my cup of tea, but as a Dodge lover, I see the delay as insuring quality over expediency. I’m good with that. Any news on the much more desirable Six Pack ? A cup of tea I can go with.....maybe.

Argo

Reaction score
The first picture is clearly from sometime February-March, and not from now. That tree can't be without leaves at this time of the year. But yes, the delay can be noticed because there is still no presentation of the car to the dealers and no configurator launch, all due to happen about a month ago. Anyway, most people are waiting for the Sixpack, and the Daytona EV will be bought only by those who can afford to have one for the sake of being a completely different Charger after 18 years and having no ICE in it...

TripleT

Reaction score
Not blaming the EV for integration issue with the Hatch :D :D pretty sure that would be an issue across the board.

As for EVs bricking .... that comes with the territory. Hummer, Bolts, Tesla, Lucid ...... I dang near not seen one that people have not had a bricking issue with.

Good luck with Dodge trying to get it released without that issue. See it in 4 years.

TripleT

Reaction score
Profound error on not having Winsor winding up as Brampton winded down. Is the Union Negotiation to blame I wonder?

Yes people being driven in Limos, private jets, and Helicopters are pushing a single solution for private transport. They are perfectly fine with the Automotive industry collapsing and all the little people on Public Transport or 15min Cities.

69roadrunner

Reaction score
Again, not unexpected of a first model year platform let alone car, but what a blow.
Skeptics online are gonna have a ball once this spreads to other outlets.
Like you said "skeptics".... I am by no means a fan of this EV movement, I think it should be developed as an alternative, but the way its being jammed down our throats is ridiculous. What gets me is these skeptics that think the board at Stellantis suddenly jumped on the WOKE band wagon. Too many people run their mouths and have no idea what they are talking about. Its not difficult to understand the government is forcing them to produce these cars (without proper R&D). I personally dont believe the technology is there yet to mandate 100% elec vehicles and being a seasoned electrician, I dont see ANY economical or environmental advantages. As for performance cars, I understand GM is working on an E-Ray vette that has an elec motor up front. With a supercharged, 6-700hp ICE out back and 2-300hp elec drive up front!!!! Could you imagine what fun that would be on a deserted back road!

69roadrunner

Reaction score

Dodge Charger Daytona Launch Delayed By 90 Days To Fix Issues​

No Summer Launch For The New Charger, Will Come In The Fall...​

View attachment 9643

Dodge’s controversial all-electric 2024 Charger Daytona is facing a significant delay. According to multiple dealer sources, the cars have been pushed back by 90 days. Sources close to the program have told us that the postponement is necessary to address several electrical issues that have surfaced during testing.

I hear they're having issues with the hurricane package as well. I thought it was great that in the face of this EV stuff they put some effort into an ICE... however, anyone else noticed Ford and GM are pouring tens of millions of dollars into their next generation V8s??? I'm wondering if stelantis being the only board full of non Americans is in the dark about the real intentions of the "EV mandate" .... I still think it's nothing more than a cash grab by the politicians.

TripleT

Reaction score
I hear they're having issues with the hurricane package as well. I thought it was great that in the face of this EV stuff they put some effort into an ICE... however, anyone else noticed Ford and GM are pouring tens of millions of dollars into their next generation V8s??? I'm wondering if stelantis being the only board full of non Americans is in the dark about the real intentions of the "EV mandate" .... I still think it's nothing more than a cash grab by the politicians.
Ford is replacing heads on its new V8 .... GM is dropping the Camaro all in EV and is a decade ahead of CDJR. The Hurricane outperforms the Coyote, I don't have any idea what your talking about, Hurricane was a massive investment in ICE at the same time FORD and GM are devoting BILLIONS to EV across the GLOBE. Where in the world are you talking about real intentions of the EV mandates? Issues as you mean like every start up, like ticking and blown heads and failing valvetrains. How easy we forget the Hemi start up. Hell they still tick, the Demon 170 can't seem to keep its heads intact even now.

Are you under the impression that it is a USA thing? Its a global thing. Here at least you can move to free state.

The goal is 15 min cities and Public Transport. The interim step is to force zero local emissions on population who will except it.

TripleT

Reaction score
Like you said "skeptics".... I am by no means a fan of this EV movement, I think it should be developed as an alternative, but the way its being jammed down our throats is ridiculous. What gets me is these skeptics that think the board at Stellantis suddenly jumped on the WOKE band wagon. Too many people run their mouths and have no idea what they are talking about. Its not difficult to understand the government is forcing them to produce these cars (without proper R&D). I personally dont believe the technology is there yet to mandate 100% elec vehicles and being a seasoned electrician, I dont see ANY economical or environmental advantages. As for performance cars, I understand GM is working on an E-Ray vette that has an elec motor up front. With a supercharged, 6-700hp ICE out back and 2-300hp elec drive up front!!!! Could you imagine what fun that would be on a deserted back road!
You might want to check the packaging on New Vette that was bending frames already.

BWS1

Reaction score
Intro glitches are to be expected. Hatches that won’t release at show time - that’s worrisome. Heck I had a power gate on my 1986 Lebaron Iacocca ride. It never failed to work. Have they not been testing the thing for years (no)? . What else is gonna be thrust onto the buying public to sort out in final engineering. It’s GM 1982 all over again. Viva la France

ipa0628

Reaction score
Intro glitches are to be expected. Hatches that won’t release at show time - that’s worrisome. Heck I had a power gate on my 1986 Lebaron Iacocca ride. It never failed to work. Have they not been testing the thing for years (no)? . What else is gonna be thrust onto the buying public to sort out in final engineering. It’s GM 1982 all over again. Viva la France
Got to keep squeezing those suppliers for every last penny. The result is junk parts that will cost in the end to replace under warranty and the loss of customer trust because of stupid things like this.

CloversPlusCats

Reaction score

Have they not been testing the thing for years (no)?
I think the car itself began testing in November or December of last year. These people certainly had a lot of time to stop this from being an issue.

TripleT

Reaction score
this testing period is for catching stuff like this instead of doing a GM thing

Users who are viewing this thread