Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dodge CEO Confirms In Interview, There Is No New Viper Coming:

Dodge CEO Confirms In Interview, There Is No New Viper Coming:
Dodge's Super Car Is Gone For Good!

DG016_117VPbn8ultil30il14lhphrrgpl42g-780x405.jpg

2016 Dodge Viper ACR Extreme. (Dodge)

While there have been many rumors about another generation Viper in the works, Steve Beahm – Head of Passenger Cars, Dodge//SRT, Chrysler and FIAT, FCA North America confirmed those rumors were false in an interview with Motor Trend Magazine.

There were reports that the Viper is coming back. – Motor Trend​
As Mr. Marchionne indicated, the Viper is not in the [next five-year] plan. – Steve Beahm​
DG016_131VPbtdgncbo1v75r3ijoeh5e11v50.jpg
Dodge Viper GTC with the Time Attack 1.0 Package. (Dodge)

Former FCA CEO Sergio Marchionne stated when asked a question about if there would be a “new Dodge Viper” during the June 1st, Capital Markets Day press conference in which FCA released it’s 5-year plan for its global brands…

That’s a great question. … It’s not in the plan, if that’s what you’re asking.” Didn’t make money, and wouldn’t work with a “cute” Euro-style engine…” – Sergio Marchionne​

Since the Viper ended production, FCA announced that Conner Avenue Assembly Plant, the former production home of the iconic Dodge Viper, will get a second life as an internal meeting and display space that will showcase the Company’s concept and historic vehicle collection.

For more information, click here for more information...

https://moparinsiders.com/dodge-ceo-confirms-in-interview-there-is-no-new-viper-coming/

Last edited:

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Isn't this just confirming that it wasn't mentioned in the latest 5-year plan, like the rest of the Dodge and Chrysler lineups?

Bili

Official Pilot
Staff member
Reaction score
Or it's not a Viper...

I think that possibility of Viper replacement dies the very same moment where FCA management has decided that Maser Alfieri and Alfa 8C would not share a platform.

Muther

Reaction score
I have consistently heard FMR, GT, V8, Short overhangs, think knuckle dragging cousin to Alfieri/6C/8C.

From what I gather, and this needle points more toward rumorous speculation is that this thing (should it be built) will launch GenIV Hemi.

Jared B

Site editor
Staff member
Reaction score
I have consistently heard FMR, GT, V8, Short overhangs, think knuckle dragging cousin to Alfieri/6C/8C.

From what I gather, and this needle points more toward rumorous speculation is that this thing (should it be built) will launch GenIV Hemi.

A GT car is what I've been hearing as well. While of course execs wouldn't confirm future plans I think they probably get a kick out of saying "no new Viper is coming", while it won't be a Viper I'm sure it's going to be good.

Muther

Reaction score
The Head of International Design for all FCA brands, Ralph Gilles, will need a replacement for his ACR by then.

Bili

Official Pilot
Staff member
Reaction score

Jared B

Site editor
Staff member
Reaction score

Jared B

Site editor
Staff member
Reaction score

Cody's Car Conundrum

Reaction score
Those look awesome, I'm going to have to make some time and get on FH3 and Forza 6 soon. I haven't turned my Xbox on in about half a year.
Thanks!

Dang. Well, I've got some (not-related-to-this-thread) news, FH4 is just around the corner. It's coming in October IIRC.

Users who are viewing this thread