Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dodge Brand To Bring Back “Direct Connection” As One Of It’s New Performance Programs!

Dodge Brand To Bring Back “Direct Connection” As One Of It’s New Performance Programs!​

Two New Performance Initiatives Will Be Announced On November 8th...​

1635519302105.png

The Dodge brand is doubling down on its role as a pure performance brand with a sneak peek at one of two new performance-based programs set to be announced in early November. With help from National Hot Rod Association (NHRA) drag-racing superstars Matt Hagan and Leah Pruett, their Don Schumacher Racing (DSR) cars will be carrying special “Direct Connection” graphics on their respective race cars.

artillerybuff

Reaction score

Dodge Brand To Bring Back “Direct Connection” As One Of It’s New Performance Programs!​

Two New Performance Initiatives Will Be Announced On November 8th...​

View attachment 5340

The Dodge brand is doubling down on its role as a pure performance brand with a sneak peek at one of two new performance-based programs set to be announced in early November. With help from National Hot Rod Association (NHRA) drag-racing superstars Matt Hagan and Leah Pruett, their Don Schumacher Racing (DSR) cars will be carrying special “Direct Connection” graphics on their respective race cars.

SWEET! This brings back very fond memories. I spend many evenings pouring through my Direct Connection Catalog back in the mid-70's. Spent some good money there too. First thing I purchased was a B-Engine A-Body K-Frame to drop a 440 into my six cylinder Duster., then a pair of stage IV heads with porting templates. Nice...

Last edited:

VANISHING POINT #1

Reaction score
With V8 performance disappearing I wonder how this direct mopar connection will apply to the new EV vehicles?

artillerybuff

Reaction score
With V8 performance disappearing I wonder how this direct mopar connection will apply to the new EV vehicles?
Well there you go spoiling it lol...
Actually, though production may slow down in a few years and eventually even stop completely for fossil fuel burning engines, they will still be around for a very long time.

VANISHING POINT #1

Reaction score
Well there you go spoiling it lol...
Actually, though production may slow down in a few years and eventually even stop completely for fossil fuel burning engines, they will still be around for a very long time.
Production of the Challenger will stop in 2024. 2023 is the last year of production. At least with the 2022 models they added extra security in key fob parameters and a motion / glass breakage sensor alarm system because of all the thefts of these cars.

artillerybuff

Reaction score
Production of the Challenger will stop in 2024. 2023 is the last year of production. At least with the 2022 models they added extra security in key fob parameters and a motion / glass breakage sensor alarm system because of all the thefts of these cars.
I'm not anti electric or anti green, but I'd like to see what electric drivetrain ends up replacing the Cummins in the heavy duty Rams. I know they have electric big rigs so we'll see. Right now my 2018 Ram 3500 with a 100 gallon Transfer Flow tank in the bed has a range of over 1,200 miles while towing my huge 5th wheel toy hauler and over 2,000 miles running without a load. Nothing electric can even come close, not to mention major work needs to be done to the electrical grid before electric can really become widespread. For example, California cannot even keep the lights on when the wind blows for fear starting of another fire. Seems like we are putting the cart before the horse. But yes, if you want a true muscle car the days of buying a new one are certainly numbered...

VANISHING POINT #1

Reaction score
I'm not anti electric or anti green, but I'd like to see what electric drivetrain ends up replacing the Cummins in the heavy duty Rams. I know they have electric big rigs so we'll see. Right now my 2018 Ram 3500 with a 100 gallon Transfer Flow tank in the bed has a range of over 1,200 miles while towing my huge 5th wheel toy hauler and over 2,000 miles running without a load. Nothing electric can even come close, not to mention major work needs to be done to the electrical grid before electric can really become widespread. For example, California cannot even keep the lights on when the wind blows for fear starting of another fire. Seems like we are putting the cart before the horse. But yes, if you want a true muscle car the days of buying a new one are certainly numbered...
:eek:Going to have to start count down time soon.o_O

Mopar392

Reaction score
2 more days to go.
As much as I'm excited about it, as much as I have a feeling that it will be specific parts for Hellcat/Redeye cars and SUV's.
I hope they have something for the 392 HEMI.

VANISHING POINT #1

Reaction score
2 more days to go.
As much as I'm excited about it, as much as I have a feeling that it will be specific parts for Hellcat/Redeye cars and SUV's.
I hope they have something for the 392 HEMI.
What happens in two days?

Users who are viewing this thread