Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Digital Artist Designs Next-Gen Grand Cherokee With Edgier Look

In the ever-evolving landscape of automotive design, the balance between honoring tradition and embracing the future is a delicate art. One brand that has continually navigated this terrain is Jeep®, an emblem of rugged capability and iconic boxy design. Jeep has long been synonymous with its timeless boxy SUVs, with models like the Wrangler (JL) … (read full article...)

2025-jeep-grand-cherokee-turns-boxier-virtual-mid-size-suv-feels-refreshingly-cool_1.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

bill burke

Reaction score
I’ve discussed my eight year ownership of two Cherokees and how much I enjoy these Jeeps often. However I admit that it’s time for an update to address the few flaws with the current Cherokee. I’d agree a more capable Cherokee, rear wheel drive, sharing the Wagoneer S new STLA large platform would be starters. If this happens the two other short comings (pun full intended) would be a wider and longer offering, keeping that six cylinder option with a new Hurricane engine. I’d like a bit more upscale on the interior and I would be in a new Cherokee faster than you could say “trail rated” ! Oh, and yes I know this is a Grand Cherokee posting, but I believe a new Cherokee will launch well before the Grand and I still have the Cherokee at the top of my list.

Last edited:

Archknight

Reaction score
I actually wouldn't be surprised if something this squared off is the KM, considering that it was said Jeeps would remain "boxy". Since the KX will be the more road oriented luxury model of the two, it would make sense to further differentiate them by making sure the KM model was more utilitarian as opposed to the coupe like rear of the Wagoneer S (KX).

HuJass

Reaction score
These interpretations are not pleasing.
They are the wrong direction.

The REAL designers better be thinking along the lines of the WK2 for the next iteration instead of this boxy squared off stuff.
If they would just upsize the Jeep Avenger, that would be a good starting point.

TripleT

Reaction score
These interpretations are not pleasing.
They are the wrong direction.

The REAL designers better be thinking along the lines of the WK2 for the next iteration instead of this boxy squared off stuff.
If they would just upsize the Jeep Avenger, that would be a good starting point.
NO and NO the WK2 bloated and tired looking and no wonder it was made forever. Continue the current SJ modern take theme.

TripleT

Reaction score
I actually wouldn't be surprised if something this squared off is the KM, considering that it was said Jeeps would remain "boxy". Since the KX will be the more road oriented luxury model of the two, it would make sense to further differentiate them by making sure the KM model was more utilitarian as opposed to the coupe like rear of the Wagoneer S (KX).
It funny now that the once much maligned Gen 1 KL now look edgy and aggressive. While the toned down refresth just looks generic CUV, no wonder the sales took a dump. Listening to GC and Wrangler buyers was a bad idea, because they buy ahhhhh Wranglers and GC.

Since the Recon exists the KM needs to be Edgy.... setting is self apart from the Compass and GC.

UN4GTBL

Reaction score
It funny now that the once much maligned Gen 1 KL now look edgy and aggressive. While the toned down refresth just looks generic CUV, no wonder the sales took a dump. Listening to GC and Wrangler buyers was a bad idea, because they buy ahhhhh Wranglers and GC.

Since the Recon exists the KM needs to be Edgy.... setting is self apart from the Compass and GC.
It's crazy how much hate the original KL took. I didn't like it at first myself, but I grew to like it. I only bought the refreshed KL because of the revised features, the toned down style wasn't a positive thing for me.

A BOXY, edgy KM that is RWD sounds great to me.

12soldier

Reaction score
If it did look like the bottom version with that rise in the back, I'd consider it. Currently I'm interested in the 24 Lexus GX or Land Cruiser do to it's reliability and looks. I hate to switch brands, I've had RAM and Jeep (01 Dakota, 11 Ram, 15 Wrangler, 16 Renegade, and 21 Gladiator) products for over 20 years but these bland looks just aren't cutting it for me. Even my Gladiator has grown dull to me. That inline 6 is taking too long to get into all the models it needs to as well.

HuJass

Reaction score
This rendering is WAYYYYYYY better!!

TripleT

Reaction score
This rendering is WAYYYYYYY better!!

MEH.... to much WK2 generic bloaded,,,, they should continue to move towards ZJ looks

TripleT

Reaction score
If it did look like the bottom version with that rise in the back, I'd consider it. Currently I'm interested in the 24 Lexus GX or Land Cruiser do to it's reliability and looks. I hate to switch brands, I've had RAM and Jeep (01 Dakota, 11 Ram, 15 Wrangler, 16 Renegade, and 21 Gladiator) products for over 20 years but these bland looks just aren't cutting it for me. Even my Gladiator has grown dull to me. That inline 6 is taking too long to get into all the models it needs to as well.
To Each is own ...... no way Jeep should emulate anything Toyota Appliance.... the Lexus is Hideous.

Users who are viewing this thread