Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Courtesy Delivery

Mark3025

Reaction score
I have on order Hellcat Convertible in Indiana. It's been produced and is at the conversion shop that Dodge has selected for these conversions. I have been to the conversion shop where they offered to have the local CJD dealership near their operations do a "Courtesy Delivery" on the vehicle once it's finished with the conversion. However, the dealership in Indiana that I purchased it from say Dodge will not allow because they are required by Dodge to unlock the car from ship mode, run scans on the car and PCM before delivery.

I live 4 hours from the dealership and would prefer to do the Courtesy Delivery and have the car shipped directly to my home which the conversion shop is willing to do. Otherwise, I will have to drive out to Indiana and have the car shipped back to my home. The conversion shop has done a Courtesy Delivery for other customers with the same circumstance as me so I am trying to understand why the dealership is not allow me to do this. It is a cash deal so it's pretty straight forward. Can anyone help me understand why a dealership would not allow this to happen when others have allowed the Courtesy Delivery? Thanking you in advance for your input!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread