Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Could Dodge Bring Back The Charger Pursuit In 2025?

Dodge recently unveiled its much-anticipated 2025 Charger sedan, sparking speculation about whether a new iteration of the Charger Pursuit, favored by law enforcement agencies, will follow suit. With a rich history dating back to 2006, the Charger Pursuit has been a staple for police fleets across North America, offering a potent combination of performance and reliability. However, amidst the buzz surrounding the Charger’s next generation, Dodge CEO Tim Kuniskis remained tight-lipped regarding the possibility of a new Pursuit model, stating, “It’s definitely on our radar.” The Charger Pursuit stepped into the spotlight when Ford discontinued the Crown Victoria Police Interceptor … (read full article...)

photo-output-3.jpeg

Mike201

Reaction score
As the former Fleet Director of my former PD (I retired after 30 years as a Police Officer), I switched my PD over to the Chargers in 2013. My Chief really wanted to stay with Ford and had me order a few Explorers. The guys loved the Chargers over the Explores, and he gave in after that. We ran Chargers until 2018 when my replacement order the fleet for that year and they came in with the wrong color blue. The dealer who errored refused to repaint or re order the cars. Our department sent them back and ordered Explorers, and have not returned to Dodge!
Although nation wide I see more PD’s running Chargers and Durango’s. I really think this is a great market to be in and hope Dodge sticks with it with the 6 pack. As for the hatch, there are cages that will accommodate this issue. This is being used in all SUV police vehicles and can be created for the new Charger.
Also I am sure plenty PD’s would buy the EVs just to be politically correct and justify splitting the order of Chargers between EVs and ICE.

Maggot121

Reaction score
I retired from LE a couple years ago and I've driven a few gems over the years lol From early 90's Fords and Chevy's , unmarked Diplomats, bulbous Caprices and the final Crown Vics. They all seemed OK until a new model came in. When we started getting Chargers the difference was immediate, like driver side room, power and when they came out w/the AWD that was a game changer in the winter where I worked. Little things we missed when they started going to Explorers...keyless entry, push start and reliability. Thankfully I don't have to care anymore but the officers I worked w/liked the Chargers far more than Explorers.
One question I have for you @Mike201 , why didn't your dept. use vinyl wraps?

Mike201

Reaction score
I retired from LE a couple years ago and I've driven a few gems over the years lol From early 90's Fords and Chevy's , unmarked Diplomats, bulbous Caprices and the final Crown Vics. They all seemed OK until a new model came in. When we started getting Chargers the difference was immediate, like driver side room, power and when they came out w/the AWD that was a game changer in the winter where I worked. Little things we missed when they started going to Explorers...keyless entry, push start and reliability. Thankfully I don't have to care anymore but the officers I worked w/liked the Chargers far more than Explorers.
One question I have for you @Mike201 , why didn't your dept. use vinyl wraps?
We did for some vehicles. We ran Jazz Blue Chargers, with white roofs and all 4 doors white (LAPD style but blue instead of black). We had our local Chrysler/Dodge dealership did the white paint job lower than the wrap cost. Also some surrounding towns wrapped the doors and when the guys went odd road and hit brush it gouges the wrap so we decided on the paint.
As to totally wrap the frostbite blue with jazz blue and white was way off budget seeing we would be paying for something we should not of had to. I left in 2016, felt bad for my replacement. He took the heat and guys were pissed they went to the Explorers over it.

Users who are viewing this thread