Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Could An All-Electric Chrysler Sedan, Redefine The Brand?

As the automotive landscape evolves towards electrification, Chrysler is poised to embrace the future with a potential all-electric sedan. With the beloved Chrysler 300 ceasing production last month, speculation arises about an electric successor, hinting at a significant shift towards an all-electric portfolio by 2028, as Chrysler CEO Chris Feuell suggested. “It made me kind … (read full article...)

_51f6acd5-79fb-4be8-a1fb-996b372023b2.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

BWS1

Reaction score
They have planned plenty of new products, None, have been crossed the final gate in time to have a continuous product lineup. A bit of that is merger and platform implementation because of that merger.

Yet here we are every proposed new product for that Brand get Trolled that hell out of.... "Why didn't green lighted as I troll it to literal death."

Y'all want new product or not? "No No I just want some magical project that I personally want, not buy cuz, I don't buy new cars they are too expensive....... AND GET OFF LAWN." So y'all know 300 was selling less than 2 per dealer per month at low margins at that.
If you have folks coming to a forum called MOPARinsiders to complain about lack of a Chrysler brand vehicle to purchase , don’t get your drawers chapped over it. It’s gonna happen. Or change the name of this thing to Alfa/ Peugeot/ fiat rocket science insiders. Maybe that would get rid of the Mopar trolls. You can potinficate all you want about all the reasons behind it. Maybe you’ve just got some people out here rooting for the auburn hills brands and seeing nothing coming to fruition after years of promises . And oh yeah . Go Lee! Lol

TripleT

Reaction score
If you have folks coming to a forum called MOPARinsiders to complain about lack of a Chrysler brand vehicle to purchase , don’t get your drawers chapped over it. It’s gonna happen. Or change the name of this thing to Alfa/ Peugeot/ fiat rocket science insiders. Maybe that would get rid of the Mopar trolls. You can potinficate all you want about all the reasons behind it. Maybe you’ve just got some people out here rooting for the auburn hills brands and seeing nothing coming to fruition after years of promises . And oh yeah . Go Lee! Lol
Is this Chrysler insider or Mopar insider? It called Mopar when Chrysler like most of its history Low volume Niche. Brand. If one's idea of its heyday was when Lee Slapped Chrome wheels and waterfall grill one a Dodge, or when it sold mostly vehicles intended to be Plymouths and Eagles. GOOD NEWS the French are all in on that Approach.

Chrysler brand is a victim of its own market position which was replaced by CUV and Full-Size SUVs.... and only an idiot would put Chrysler on those instead of Jeep.

The solution was not complaining or trolling it was buy Chyrslers. Buying minivan ... Buying the 300. 2 per month per dealer DUDE... at low margins.

Look it all fine a good to be a Chrysler insider..... but unless you can find a couple hundred thousand people, even a few tens of thousands of people to JOIN YOU ..... spout all you want on a "fan" forum it means nothing.

So here we are on a Post with a Ballon announcement, you know to gauge public opinion, on a Flagship Chrysler, Lovely artwork and all, and what we get Trolling, Vitching, Get off my yard.........

Yeah.... Rainbow dust and that creates momentum around a ROI.... :p

Good news though Lancia after decades as a single model brand is getting it name pasted on Peugeot 308 so Ghost of Lee can do Summersault.

My panties aren't in wad, I am Captain Commando. I could care less if Chrysler brand survives, I just have a low tolerance for inaccurate nonsense. As far as I am concerned slap Franklin on Grill as it has about it is about as relevant as Walter's name in the next decade as anyone with any loyalty to brand enters assisted living.

Especially since every time anything that might appeal to next generation is introduced that group whines like stuck pigs.

BWS1

Reaction score
Is this Chrysler insider or Mopar insider? It called Mopar when Chrysler like most of its history Low volume Niche. Brand. If one's idea of its heyday was when Lee Slapped Chrome wheels and waterfall grill one a Dodge, or when it sold mostly vehicles intended to be Plymouths and Eagles. GOOD NEWS the French are all in on that Approach.

Chrysler brand is a victim of its own market position which was replaced by CUV and Full-Size SUVs.... and only an idiot would put Chrysler on those instead of Jeep.

The solution was not complaining or trolling it was buy Chyrslers. Buying minivan ... Buying the 300. 2 per month per dealer DUDE... at low margins.

Look it all fine a good to be a Chrysler insider..... but unless you can find a couple hundred thousand people, even a few tens of thousands of people to JOIN YOU ..... spout all you want on a "fan" forum it means nothing.

So here we are on a Post with a Ballon announcement, you know to gauge public opinion, on a Flagship Chrysler, Lovely artwork and all, and what we get Trolling, Vitching, Get off my yard.........

Yeah.... Rainbow dust and that creates momentum around a ROI.... :p

Good news though Lancia after decades as a single model brand is getting it name pasted on Peugeot 308 so Ghost of Lee can do Summersault.

My panties aren't in wad, I am Captain Commando. I could care less if Chrysler brand survives, I just have a low tolerance for inaccurate nonsense. As far as I am concerned slap Franklin on Grill as it has about it is about as relevant as Walter's name in the next decade as anyone with any loyalty to brand enters assisted living.

Especially since every time anything that might appeal to next generation is introduced that group whines like stuck pigs.
I knew the Lee reference would stir your soul but wow that’s a more spirited response than usual! Trust me there young study, don’t need you to explain the nuanced differences of Mopar vs Chrysler.

TripleT

Reaction score
I knew the Lee reference would stir your soul but wow that’s a more spirited response than usual! Trust me there young study, don’t need you to explain the nuanced differences of Mopar vs Chrysler.
Young I wish.... I am still mad they killed Graham, Fargo, Desoto, and Franklin..... let alone Plymouth.

Let realize Mopar is and always had been the plucky underdog with good engineering and questionable build quality. We suffered through 74 to 79, We got some cool shelby stuff in the 80s, Tom and Bob went on a wonderful run. Eaton ruined, the Germans stole it money and sucked it dry, Cerberus did what private equity companies do, divided it for sale. SM came in and brought a new renaissance while Ugly Old Mopar fans said some the most Xenophobic BS imaginable.

Lastest Doom and gloom as the Chrysler brand tries to find a new spot given Traditional Luxury and standard Sedans have no appeal to the next buying generation... .Excuse me if don't bobble head in agreement with grumpy age peers.

BWS1

Reaction score
Young I wish.... I am still mad they killed Graham, Fargo, Desoto, and Franklin..... let alone Plymouth.

Let realize Mopar is and always had been the plucky underdog with good engineering and questionable build quality. We suffered through 74 to 79, We got some cool shelby stuff in the 80s, Tom and Bob went on a wonderful run. Eaton ruined, the Germans stole it money and sucked it dry, Cerberus did what private equity companies do, divided it for sale. SM came in and brought a new renaissance while Ugly Old Mopar fans said some the most Xenophobic BS imaginable.

Lastest Doom and gloom as the Chrysler brand tries to find a new spot given Traditional Luxury and standard Sedans have no appeal to the next buying generation... .Excuse me if don't bobble head in agreement with grumpy age peers.
Ok I’ll give you that. Good summary although I could argue the “renaissance “ nonsense. Just give us old Lido fans a little slack. He did a lot of knuckle headed things , he did some brilliant things. But one thing for sure, we wouldn’t be having any of these conversations if he hadn’t been on top of his game at the right time in history.

TripleT

Reaction score
If it not a Renaissance there isn't one, they went from split up carcass to one of the most valuable and envied companies in the world. Perfect No... only perfect person got hung on tree.

Ok read The Critical Path... and then come back to me. Great marketer for sure, not a great product guy. Minivan and K car were ready when he arrived, his late day insistence on product were devastating and equally was his choice as a successor. Buddy Shelby did some great thing and kept performance alive for Mopar.

BWS1

Reaction score
If it not a Renaissance there isn't one, they went from split up carcass to one of the most valuable and envied companies in the world. Perfect No... only perfect person got hung on tree.

Ok read The Critical Path... and then come back to me. Great marketer for sure, not a great product guy. Minivan and K car were ready when he arrived, his late day insistence on product were devastating and equally was his choice as a successor. Buddy Shelby did some great thing and kept performance alive for Mopar.
I’ve read every book ever written about the man or anything he was involved in. Don’t much care about his “product “opinions”. He was a good manager. Can not be argued. And ok so if you won’t cut us any slack , you gonna argue that the man didn’t have a huge impact on the survival of the company ?? For goodness sake . Go read all the books and get back to me.

TripleT

Reaction score
I’ve read every book ever written about the man or anything he was involved in. Don’t much care about his “product “opinions”. He was a good manager. Can not be argued. And ok so if you won’t cut us any slack , you gonna argue that the man didn’t have a huge impact on the survival of the company ?? For goodness sake . Go read all the books and get back to me.
Did you read The Critical Path or not?

I'll take that as NO. He saved the company to give it the Bob Eaton to kill because he thought Lutz wasn't a big enough Toady.... Awesome Job.

His marketing Skills save the Company in the 80s... by the 90s his ego got the best of him.

1704494095167.png

BWS1

Reaction score
He assembled a great team around him and made some masterful moves through the years. He had a keen sense of where the market was headed. The company prospered under his leadership. In his later years , some bad moves. Even he admitted that later. One thing he did do well, come he’ll or high water, product came to market on time and on budget . If only Sergio could have done that!!!!!!!

TripleT

Reaction score
He assembled a great team around him and made some masterful moves through the years. He had a keen sense of where the market was headed. The company prospered under his leadership. In his later years , some bad moves. Even he admitted that later. One thing he did do well, come he’ll or high water, product came to market on time and on budget . If only Sergio could have done that!!!!!!!
Yea...not a lot of working taking grill off putting a chrome grill on and add wire wheels. Take the same car, put a new body on it.. New Product on Time and on Budget. SM would not even ride in some of that 80s trash.

So again you read EVERYTHING but The Critical Path. Assembled a Great Team, made Masterful Moves, had a sense of where the market is heading. That PT Barnum.

Again the K car was already done, so was the Minivan. Lee wanted Ranger but couldn't afford it, built the Minivan because he had no other choice. Brilliant guy. He did buy Jeep, smart, he was a great marketer. In the end he didn't know the market Bob and Tom fault him constantly. Wire wheels and Landua tops, and Bob Eaton were his legacy.

BWS1

Reaction score
Yea...not a lot of working taking grill off putting a chrome grill on and add wire wheels. Take the same car, put a new body on it.. New Product on Time and on Budget. SM would not even ride in some of that 80s trash.

So again you read EVERYTHING but The Critical Path. Assembled a Great Team, made Masterful Moves, had a sense of where the market is heading. That PT Barnum.

Again the K car was already done, so was the Minivan. Lee wanted Ranger but couldn't afford it, built the Minivan because he had no other choice. Brilliant guy. He did buy Jeep, smart, he was a great marketer. In the end he didn't know the market Bob and Tom fault him constantly. Wire wheels and Landua tops, and Bob Eaton were his legacy.
Sorry bud. No matter how bad you want it, history has already judged him and the judgement is a far cry from your sour rendition . It has judged him very well. I guess it was his marketing? Again, if you see that as the legacy, go back and read some more books. You’re missing a few paragraphs .

XRT2SRT

Reaction score
First I'd like to say, I love how that one render looks like a four door evolution of the CHRYSLER FIREPOWER CONCEPT and I pray something akin to it and/or CHRONOS finally gets to market (both timeless pieces). I've been envisioning a product like this (range extender) since ESS/ESS2 CONCEPTs were unveiled; now that technology has caught up, it's time to pi** or get out of the toilet, CHRYSLER! I AIN'T getting no younger! "Lead, follow or get out of the way!"-Lee Iacoca. Show us something for Pete's sake...lol!

jimboy

Reaction score
Interesting design for the cars, but it seems geared for I.C.E. Electrics don't need that big of a grill. Drop the fenders front and rear, raise the center line of hood and rear trunk areas, creating a semi- boattail look and drop the hood down over the grill, let it come to rest on a Chrysler badge over a slim opening, allowing access to a front trunk space. Have the front and rear fenders carry the horizontal lights about mid-way down both front and rear fascias. You end up with a sculpted looking vehicle that is aerodynamic but still a Chrysler, and unique but not weird.

TripleT

Reaction score
Cadillac, Audi, and MB all have prominent styling features that resemble a grill that are LED technology. That is what I see in the rendering, CDMA Large can handle ICE so it would not preclude it in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread