Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Could An All-Electric Chrysler Sedan, Redefine The Brand?

As the automotive landscape evolves towards electrification, Chrysler is poised to embrace the future with a potential all-electric sedan. With the beloved Chrysler 300 ceasing production last month, speculation arises about an electric successor, hinting at a significant shift towards an all-electric portfolio by 2028, as Chrysler CEO Chris Feuell suggested. “It made me kind … (read full article...)

_51f6acd5-79fb-4be8-a1fb-996b372023b2.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Crocodile

Reaction score
Honestly guys, a future Chrysler sedan with a big grille to cool a V8 engine and chromed exhaust tips! Your lingering desire for a return to ancient history is showing. My other leg plays jingle bells.

Jeeprt

Reaction score
No chance. It's too nice. I don't know if it's because of Chrysler constantly changing hands, but it the most mismanaged company I've ever seen. They pioneered the mid size truck market with the Dakota and then let it die, also the original Pacifica started the CUV craze and they let it die, the Journey also faced a slow death, Jeep was about 15 years too late with a full size offering.......I could go ON AND ON. Been a diehard mopar guy for 50 years and I hope they just go out of business because it is what they deserve. What a bunch of idiots.

Mopar392

Reaction score
I just wanna know how they are going to justify their existence during 2024 fiscal year with only one product.

Gti-guy

Reaction score
I was captivated by the original 200 Ev concept & this new 300 illustrations is FIRE 🔥 ID Literally buy it RN. Now imo the EV Chrysler is Chryslers last chance to succeed or fail. I hope the effort put into this is greater than their work on Wagoneer brand. ( not saying they didn’t try ). They just made the “choice” or mistake to not go retro , descaled a premium product , & not enough clarity between it and core Jeep brand products. The heads of Chrysler group seem to know the market. However they tend to leave a segment too soon or under-invest in emerging or crowded segments or even worse take said funds a split it into mediocre products. Chrysler is in a new position , outside the Pacifica there’s nothing new. With late 2023/4 products from Ram & Jeep we see the know how to put money( REAL QUALITY ) into NA products. So when it comes to Chrysler I hope to be blown away but if the effort isn’t 120% then they’ve already lost.

Mike201

Reaction score
Nice looking car(s). We can only wish but I think we’re done sooner rather than later. I hate to say, the Damlier days were better. Yeah they were sucking money like FCA/Stellantis, but at least we had cars in showrooms and lots to sell and they weren’t half bad. Also we got something new or an update more often! This is just crazy now. Chrysler (and Dodge) are so far behind and very limited in product it is ridiculous!! With all the ownership changes since the Damlier “merger”, this is the first time I am very nervous that our beloved Chrysler/Dodge maybe a thing of the past. I see the mini van and Durango being blended into Ram, with Ram and Jeep being the only survivors of the old Chrysler Corporation.

bill burke

Reaction score
IF ONLY ! The logic in this is beyond doubt or argument, but do the Chrysler executives calling the shots get it? I think the second rendition with its more formal roofline and entry/ exit advantages gets my vote. Need to separate it from the slick Daytona. With most luxury imports producing sedans why not Chrysler? Must have hybrid power as well as electric and premium interior at a traditional price point. Sure it makes perfect sense, but I still must lament...IF ONLY !

bjrosen

Reaction score
No mention of NACS, without NACS any EV offering is DOA. It might not matter anyway because it's hard to see how Chrysler can survive with only one dated vehicle to sell, I wouldn't be surprised if Chrysler goes the way of Plymouth and disappears in the next year or so.

bill burke

Reaction score
No mention of NACS, without NACS any EV offering is DOA. It might not matter anyway because it's hard to see how Chrysler can survive with only one dated vehicle to sell, I wouldn't be surprised if Chrysler goes the way of Plymouth and disappears in the next year or so.
They gave Chrysler a ten year time frame to prove viability. The minivan, one or two SUVs, a sedan, a hatchback and maybe a coupe spun off the Challenger might do wonders. Maybe the guys who put these designs together should be working at Chrysler. These two renditions are great and ON TARGET.

Last edited:

MoparRay

Reaction score
Dodge needs to be a full line up brand again and offer a performance model or two. Chrysler should be modeled after the Genesis brand. If they aren't going to commit to Dodge and Chrysler then just fold the brands. Then Sell Ram & Jeep to an American Company like Tesla.

TripleT

Reaction score
No chance. It's too nice. I don't know if it's because of Chrysler constantly changing hands, but it the most mismanaged company I've ever seen. They pioneered the mid size truck market with the Dakota and then let it die, also the original Pacifica started the CUV craze and they let it die, the Journey also faced a slow death, Jeep was about 15 years too late with a full size offering.......I could go ON AND ON. Been a diehard mopar guy for 50 years and I hope they just go out of business because it is what they deserve. What a bunch of idiots.
Yes, mismanaged by John Riccardo, mismanaged by Lee in later days, mismanaged by Eaton, treated as a red headed stepchild by Daimler, Killed, Left for dead by the last AMERICAN OWNERSHIP .... Cerberus Capital hours from killing Dodge and Chrysler and selling Jeep, Minivan, and Ram to 3 separate companies. Had renaissance under Sergio. (Even though Chrysler returned to its pre-Lutz and Eaton era position as Niche brand.) Unfortunately, low 300 Sales and Ford ill-conceived Continental has shown that traditional American Luxury Sedan like most Sedan is a dead market.

Really the only thing left from a portfolio perspective is low margin PSA rebadged people movers or Luxury Electrics to compete with Tesla, S, X, and Y not sure 3 would work for the brand.

For someone who is a diehard Mopar guy for 50 years, that means you started in 74' yikes... pretty crappy year... things didn't look up until the late 80s by 98' it went all the poo again, Took SM few years to straighten the boat .... remains to be seen what the French will do, seems like Lee 2.0 with middling Coachwork models, good that STLA Large and Frame are deeply rooted in SM legacy, instead PSA appliances, for North America.

The Midsize market is crowded and mostly cannibalizes full sized sales, the Small pickup market is intriguing, the Pacifica was a POS less practical minivan I had one, worst car I ever owned. JEEP invented the Consumer SUV market with XJ not that bad Minivan, the Journey was horrible Cerberus Mitsubishi based fill in that SM managed to polish up enough to bridge to more profitable models. Seems I could go on and on also.

But if all the old geezers like us POO POO every Niche Chrysler tries to fit then your right just kill it OR TARGET someone besides us. We don't have that many years left away.

Last edited:

TripleT

Reaction score
Dodge needs to be a full line up brand again and offer a performance model or two. Chrysler should be modeled after the Genesis brand. If they aren't going to commit to Dodge and Chrysler then just fold the brands. Then Sell Ram & Jeep to an American Company like Tesla.
Well the last time it was own by the American's they nearly, like hours from killing the company so for me Xenophobia seems a bit misplaced.

Dodge is fine, it already has the youngest demographic and the LBs months from introduction. Dodge needs to be like Kia like it needs a hole in the head, the only way the model works is shipping cars her in boxes from Asia to assemble in the South.

If you think anyone in their right mind is selling off the 2 of biggest cash cows in the Industry..... well I just hope you're in a decriminalized state, and please share..

TripleT

Reaction score
As the automotive landscape evolves towards electrification, Chrysler is poised to embrace the future with a potential all-electric sedan. With the beloved Chrysler 300 ceasing production last month, speculation arises about an electric successor, hinting at a significant shift towards an all-electric portfolio by 2028, as Chrysler CEO Chris Feuell suggested. “It made me kind … (read full article...)

View attachment 9024
Telsa competitor is about the only Niche left in the FCA portofolio..... S, X, and Y. Leave 3 to Kia and VW, its already crowded.

bill burke

Reaction score
Yes, mismanaged by John Riccardo, mismanaged by Lee in later days, mismanaged by Eaton, treated as a red headed stepchild by Daimler, Killed, Left for dead by the last AMERICAN OWNERSHIP .... Cerberus Capital hours from killing Dodge and Chrysler and selling Jeep, Minivan, and Ram to 3 separate companies. Had renaissance under Sergio. (Even though Chrysler returned to its pre-Lutz and Eaton era position as Niche brand.) Unfortunately, low 300 Sales and Ford ill-conceived Continental has shown that traditional American Luxury Sedan like most Sedan is a dead market.

Really the only thing left from a portfolio perspective is low margin PSA rebadged people movers or Luxury Electrics to compete with Tesla, S, X, and Y not sure 3 would work for the brand.

For someone who is a diehard Mopar guy for 50 years, that means you started in 74' yikes... pretty crappy year... things didn't look up until the late 80s by 98' it went all the poo again, Took SM few years to straighten the boat .... remains to be seen what the French will do, seems like Lee 2.0 with middling Coachwork models, good that STLA Large and Frame are deeply rooted in SM legacy, instead PSA appliances, for North America.

The Midsize market is crowded and mostly cannibalizes full sized sales, the Small pickup market is intriguing, the Pacifica was a POS less practical minivan I had one, worst car I ever owned. JEEP invented the Consumer SUV market with XJ not that bad Minivan, the Journey was horrible Cerberus Mitsubishi based fill in that SM managed to polish up enough to bridge to more profitable models. Seems I could go on and on also.

But if all the old geezers like us POO POO every Niche Chrysler tries to fit then your right just kill it OR TARGET someone besides us. We don't have that many years left away.
Ouch! Another shot of reality I don’t need. Your right, just about everything I post here, it’s the ramblings of a nostalgic senior in the twilight of his days entertaining other old geezers. Actually our generation made it on our own, achieved much and did good. We can pontificate as much as we want. Age has valuable insight on everything and every topic. Just ask me.

Mike201

Reaction score
Well the last time it was own by the American's they nearly, like hours from killing the company so for me Xenophobia seems a bit misplaced.

Dodge is fine, it already has the youngest demographic and the LBs months from introduction. Dodge needs to be like Kia like it needs a hole in the head, the only way the model works is shipping cars her in boxes from Asia to assemble in the South.

If you think anyone in their right mind is selling off the 2 of biggest cash cows in the Industry..... well I just hope you're in a decriminalized state, and please share..

Ouch! Another shot of reality I don’t need. Your right, just about everything I post here, it’s the ramblings of a nostalgic senior in the twilight of his days entertaining other old geezers. Actually our generation made it on our own, achieved much and did good. We can pontificate as much as we want. Age has valuable insight on everything and every topic. Just ask me.
Amen Bill, I am 58 and right with you!!!

MotorMaven

Reaction score
They gave Chrysler a ten year time frame to prove viability. The minivan, one or two SUVs, a sedan, a hatchback and maybe a coupe spun off the Challenger might do wonders. Maybe the guys who put these designs together should be working at Chrysler. These two renditions are great and ON TARGET.
The problem is that the ten year mark started a year ago, and Chrysler isn’t planning any new product for another two years. That means almost a third of that ten year mark will have passed before a single new vehicle is launched, and a majority of it will have passed before the brand has a competitive portfolio.

There doesn’t seem to be much urgency in Auburn Hills for Chrysler brand’s future, alas.

TripleT

Reaction score
Lots of New member seem to be here to complain or troll..... IM and I will point you to a place that might be more fun.

Last edited:

TripleT

Reaction score
The problem is that the ten year mark started a year ago, and Chrysler isn’t planning any new product for another two years. That means almost a third of that ten year mark will have passed before a single new vehicle is launched, and a majority of it will have passed before the brand has a competitive portfolio.

There doesn’t seem to be much urgency in Auburn Hills for Chrysler brand’s future, alas.

They have planned plenty of new products, None, have been crossed the final gate in time to have a continuous product lineup. A bit of that is merger and platform implementation because of that merger.

Yet here we are every proposed new product for that Brand get Trolled that hell out of.... "Why didn't green lighted as I troll it to literal death."

Y'all want new product or not? "No No I just want some magical project that I personally want, not buy cuz, I don't buy new cars they are too expensive....... AND GET OFF LAWN." So y'all know 300 was selling less than 2 per dealer per month at low margins at that.

Ozzy R

Reaction score

View attachment 9024
It would be brilliant for Chrysler to use the Series Hybrid coming out with the RAM trucks. The specs are crazy 145 miles per EV on initial charge, over 690 miles per tank, and 305 hp.
Plus, 50 additional EV miles per 10 minute charge, if needed. Most folks wouldn’t need gas for daily commute and there is no range anxiety because the eTorque system still give long range at just over 20 mpg. Likely greater mpg with auto vs truck. Make the battery swappable to solid state as technology improves and this modern 300 would be a superstar of cars. Cheers!

TripleT

Reaction score
It would be brilliant for Chrysler to use the Series Hybrid coming out with the RAM trucks. The specs are crazy 145 miles per EV on initial charge, over 690 miles per tank, and 305 hp.
Plus, 50 additional EV miles per 10 minute charge, if needed. Most folks wouldn’t need gas for daily commute and there is no range anxiety because the eTorque system still give long range at just over 20 mpg. Likely greater mpg with auto vs truck. Make the battery swappable to solid state as technology improves and this modern 300 would be a superstar of cars. Cheers!
3 cylinder Hurricane under the Frunk(hate that name(

Users who are viewing this thread