Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Citroën Unveils e-C3 Aircross: Hints At Next Jeep® Renegade

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score

Citroën Unveils e-C3 Aircross: Hints At Next Jeep® Renegade​

Add Another Vehicle To Stellantis' Growing B-Segment Lineup...​

1719585395105.png

Citroën has launched its all-new C3 Aircross, the latest addition to Stellantis’ growing B-segment utility vehicle (UV) portfolio. The C3 Aircross aims to bring an affordable UV for small families and active individuals alike. This model is redesigned from the ground up and offers a blend of style, functionality, and affordability, making it a standout in the ever-growing subcompact crossover class.

TripleT

Reaction score
Damn those wheel openings surrounds a suspiciously shaped even though the actual opening is round.

Seems like some vehicles have to suffer the styling of a sister to get a version like the Jr did for Alfa, the Citroen doesn't look anything like a Citroen.... Panda and Jeep profile.

patfromigh

Reaction score
I wonder which platform will be installed in Bursa, Turkey for the next generation Fiat Tipo? I'm not saying that the next Jeep Renegade would come from there. I am just wondering for the possibility of an affordable future Hornet.

IronMike68

Reaction score
We currently own a 2018 Renegade and we absolutely love it, been a great little addition to our family, now from what I have researched the New C3 AirCross is only .08 inch shorter than the Jeep Avenger, and they deemed the Avenger too small for the US Market which I disagreed with their decision not to import it into the US. My Wife who only commutes about 2 miles round trip it would've been the perfect commuter car for her and we both loved it the looks and the tech within the package. Now if they can keep the dimensions compact enough but roomy enough like our Renegade then they might have another sale, I think the biggest issue with the Renegade was the initial launch and the 9spd programming, that and some spotty electrical gremlins but I wonder about those as most of the issues I have seen are people who have bought them second hand or third hand. The only problem we ever experienced was the doorstop exploded when the door was ripped from my hand opening the door in a severe wind storm 50mph winds and it caught me off-guard, now getting the part was a PITA because it happened during the shutdown for the UAW strike but I found one in stock nearby and drove to get it after calling numerous dealerships in the surrounding area.

patfromigh

Reaction score
... from what I have researched the New C3 AirCross is only .08 inch shorter than the Jeep Avenger
The Citroen e-C3 is 158 inches long with a 100 inches of wheelbase. The C3 Aircross is 172.8" long with a 105" wheelbase. The Jeep Avenger is 161" long on a 101" wheelbase. The Jeep Renegade is 166.6" long with a 101" wheelbase. The Jeep Patriot is 173.7" length with a 103.7' wheelbase. The XJ Jeep Cherokee closed out the 2001 model year with a 101" wheelbase and 167.5" long. I obtained those lengths from Wikipedia.

We still have Jeep Renegades in our rental fleet. It is a lot more comfortable than other compact SUVs or crossovers. I'm hoping for something similar the next time around.

AlexB

Reaction score
I wonder which platform will be installed in Bursa, Turkey for the next generation Fiat Tipo? I'm not saying that the next Jeep Renegade would come from there. I am just wondering for the possibility of an affordable future Hornet.
I think they may not do another Hornet instead, given it is a Muscle & Performance brand.

james.mooney.

Reaction score
We currently own a 2018 Renegade and we absolutely love it, been a great little addition to our family, now from what I have researched the New C3 AirCross is only .08 inch shorter than the Jeep Avenger, and they deemed the Avenger too small for the US Market which I disagreed with their decision not to import it into the US. My Wife who only commutes about 2 miles round trip it would've been the perfect commuter car for her and we both loved it the looks and the tech within the package. Now if they can keep the dimensions compact enough but roomy enough like our Renegade then they might have another sale, I think the biggest issue with the Renegade was the initial launch and the 9spd programming, that and some spotty electrical gremlins but I wonder about those as most of the issues I have seen are people who have bought them second hand or third hand. The only problem we ever experienced was the doorstop exploded when the door was ripped from my hand opening the door in a severe wind storm 50mph winds and it caught me off-guard, now getting the part was a PITA because it happened during the shutdown for the UAW strike but I found one in stock nearby and drove to get it after calling numerous dealerships in the surrounding area.
I have a '15 Renegade Latitude 2.4l 4x4 that I bought new and it's been close to bulletproof. There was one recall with the radiator and the tires dry-rotted in the first year or two (weird!) but otherwise no problems. Of course, I live less than 3 miles from my job and do not travel much, so it only has about 50k miles on it-- not bad for an almost 10yo car. I also very rarely have anyone in the back seat-- It's a bit tight back there and I'm 6'1". A lot of the time I keep the back seats folded down and there's tons of cargo space.

My only complaint about the Renegade is the drivetrain. My previous car was an '03 PT Cruiser GT with the 215hp 2.4 Turbo and rock-solid 4-speed transmission. So this was a major downgrade in power and the 9-speed took some getting used to. The setup is fine-- I'm used to it now and the 9-speed and I usually get along well enough-- but the PT was much more fun to drive.

The main advantage the Renegade has over the PT, which was FWD and had a sport-tuned suspension, 17-inch wheels and skinny tires, is that it handles the Philadelphia-area potholes effortlessly and is unstoppable in snow. It's also been way more reliable than the PT.

james.mooney.

Reaction score
I think they may not do another Hornet instead, given it is a Muscle & Performance brand.
I'd like to see three vehicles on STLA Medium out of Brampton: Jeep Compass CUV, Dodge Hornet crossover coupe, and Chrysler Portal MPV.

Users who are viewing this thread