What's new
Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chrysler/Ram CEO Discusses Brand Challenges

Chrysler/Ram CEO Discusses Brand Challenges​

Chris Feuell on the Challenges Facing Chrysler and Ram...​

1722804993328.png

Christine Feuell’s leadership of both the Ram and Chrysler brands within Stellantis North America marks a significant shift amid recent management changes. Having joined Stellantis in September 2021, Feuell now holds the crucial role of overseeing these two distinct brands—Ram, a major player in the pickup and commercial vehicle segments, and Chrysler, which is transitioning to an electric-only mainstream lineup by 2028.

I’ve been a Chrysler Corporation stockholder for decades in one form or another and REJECT, based on internal stockholder documentation and stockholder meeting feedback, that Daimler killed Chrysler. Far from that, as evidence to that rejection is in my garage, a Chrysler Crossfire authorized, designed and very carefully built to high standards during this era and my Dodge Challenger, still using some Mercedes designed elements from that era. To give clarity from my privileged stockholder vantage of this timeframe, it was the European stockholders that initially weakened and eventually killed this merger. If anything truly negative can be claimed, Daimler did draine the cash reserves of Chrysler during a downturn in Mercedes business, but at the outset Daimler was sharing engineering even manufacturing resources with Chrysler to vastly improve their partners product. It was elites in Europe who were appalled, furious really, that their precious and fabled German engineering was being directly infused into, what they considered, inferior American brands,
The Crossfire, and I have owned two since 2004, is totally a Mercedes Benz, built on the same assembly line, and truly an outstanding product. My roadster drop top, after 18 years is rattle and squeak free, handles and performs to European sports car standards and expectations, call it Mercedes standards. Paint, fit and finish, interior materials and comfort quality, even its top shelf radio performance is luxury through and through. That vehicle was NOT a poison pill to corrupt the Chrysler brand, it was a corporate decision to elevate the brand to the highest levels of European luxury. Looking for an affordable used Mercedes sports car, buy a Crossfire !
Blame for the failed Daimler-Chrysler marriage rests with stockholders, envious of American talent and arrogant of their German image forced this split. The stockholder meetings were insulting of America, contentious, angry, boarderline violent, leadership was outspokenly threatened with physical harm, please take my word as an American with documentation of these proceedings.
I do agree with you, Dodge is eminently capable of prospering with new product, priced appropriately and Chrysler, capturing its sacred ethos must create an identity based on affordable luxury that builds around a distinctive design signature and, I propose, a sedan, a coupe, an SUV and yes, a Crossfire reincarnation sports car that confidently touts luxury with affordability and the still present Chrysler legacy . Look at Genesis for proof of achievability that an upstart can define itself in the luxury segment and Chrysler, if any brand can, has the history to do it. Lastly, I doubt Stellantis, even with its issues, would be stupid enough to follow Daimler down that road of European hubris by squandering a brand with such potential and history. Stay the course Triple. We have no alternative.
You can enjoy your vehicles, but it is absolutely 100% either ignorance or plain foolishness to state Daimler didn’t kill Chrysler. They did, absolutely beyond any debate, kill Chrysler.

Rewind to the mid ‘90’s. Chrysler was flying high, they were the only domestic in the black, they had something like $20billion sitting in the bank. Daimler swooped in, literally took all that money and pumped it into Mercedes, and when the cash cow was empty, they dumped the gutted carcass on the curb and sold to Cerberus.

Yes, we got the L platform. I’d rather a good platform and keep the money in the bank. The Germans absolutely did kill Chrysler.

WELL AH NO the L platform was not Daimlers, it was nearly complete when they rode in, yes they raided the parts bin, but NO it wasn't E-segment cars. Even mention this to some of the Engineers at the time and your likely to get your rear kicked.

And while sort of Like the WK after 13 years we forget about how unhappy Jeep people were with it at the time and the amount Jeep had to help fix it.

Since, Daimler literally killed the company they have LOOONNNG way to go.... If you want to go over the EV thing again, we, can it is regulatory, HEVs are actually kind of awesome.
L platform is literally all Mercedes. We got it a decade or so after it debuted for Mercedes.

Chrysler took an already old platform and milked it for another two decades

L platform is literally all Mercedes. We got it a decade or so after it debuted for Mercedes.

Chrysler took an already old platform and milked it for another two decades
Again, the platform is not E class, it evolved from previous L platforms. I learned this by mistakenly making this claim myself to a Development engineer at Chrysler at the time and verbally kicked my butt. It was nearly complete when they showed up, and they parts bin shopped. Front suspension, Steering column. Giving MB way too much credit on that one, and still showed up with the Hideous cheap interior. The guy was the real deal... so I trust him over the marketing literature.

18 state EV are not dead, they might compete with Public transport but not dead.

If not a Tesla competitor then what? That is what is considered Luxury today,

If EVs are dead, which isn't likely 30% of the market, the future is HEV which is easy to adjust too, for Chyrsler.

Otherwise put Dodge on the Minivan and complete what Daimler started.
The next minivan will be a Ram. It will be based on the Fiat Scudo. Ram is calling it the ProMaster City, the same name that the repowered and rebadged Fiat Doblo had. The only Chrysler product being marketed right now is the Pacifica/Voyager. It can easily be replaced with the Scudo/Ram PMC and then it's goodbye Chrysler. Remember, Stellantis pulled the plug on building the vans in Russia. I wonder if there is tooling stored up somewhere. With the Chrysler van gone the next Ram PMC can be built here and avoid the chicken tax.

BTW, the competition for public transportation isn't personal automobiles or EVs. It's the parking spot.

The article states Chrysler is to be a mainstream EV brand. "Mainstream EV" is an oxymoron. Mainstream products are affordable to a greater section of the population. Mainstream automobiles are often found in one vehicle households. Mainstream products are suitable for a variety of lifestyles. People who don't have access to off-street parking will have to use public charging, which really doesn't exist on a broad basis in North America. Where it does exist the cost to charge is expensive.

I don't think this a fair at this point, and this is why DEI is so hideous. Just because someone is female doesn't mean they not qualified or a good fit for the position.

I can tell you my daughter is one hell of an Automation engineer, and anyone assuming otherwise is sadly mistaken, so when I see this type of post I cringe.

Making her accountable for the Mess Lee, Eaton, Daimler created at Chrysler is rich. How old was she is 92'?

Making her accountable with is now obviously delays caused by fiscal freeze around the merger is richer.

And then laying any on her around RAM is simply ridiculous.

Not sure what you want her to say. Blaming your boss or the previous person at your job doesn't work that well.
My post states, "I didn't say she was the cause of the mess the brand is in." Go ahead and cringe.

I work for a company with a female CEO. She was getting her hands dirty in the business when she was a teenager. She's NOT some Silicone Valley whiz-kid who doesn't know Jack about the auto business.

Right now our fleet has its hands full because the new 2025 Ram 1500 trucks are garbage. The new U-connect fries itself and there are other problems as well.

It could be that MS Feuell is the perfect candidate to provide palliative care to the Chrysler brand, somebody has to do it. Unless Ram gets their house in order, they'll also follow Plymouth and De Soto into oblivion.

RAM isn't going anywhere, and the next Minivan is a STLA large.

First we cry because Tim Kuniskis let go, then we complain about it being a mess on his way out. Pretty sure he was counting the days until his Merger buyout.

They certainly have had a lot of problems at Sterling Heights I think Uconnect supplier is not at the top of list. Post line rework is maybe only 80% effective.

Back