Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Charger / Challenger facing potential "elimination"?

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
Well Manley made his challenger "electrification" comment after that article so I assume even if they were potentially on the chopping block they made it through. They'd be very dumb to throw away 150K/yr annual sales and the loyalty that comes with many buyers of those cars.

Challenger and Charger stay... 300 will be gone unfortunately

James.A

Reaction score
The delays are a bit concerning. Like they don't know what they want to do with the chassis or engines or designs (bandit or no bandit), redesign or evolutionary refresh or what. I was never concerned before but I'm starting to wonder. Like hearing that they don't have money to refresh volume models but have the money for widebodies and refreshes to higher-end models (widebody charger gets a new face too). Like going out with a bang

TripleT

Reaction score
Allparian negativity on a Friday?

Works on the same build points which means you can hide entire car under the current sheetmetal.

Not sure what the rush is ……. the current model stand alone in the class, and do well.

James.A

Reaction score
Allparian negativity on a Friday?

Works on the same build points which means you can hide entire car under the current sheetmetal.

Not sure what the rush is ……. the current model stand alone in the class, and do well.
Haha trying not to be but just getting frustrated. Just not wanting to get into the long term financial commitment on the current when the new is allegedly around the corner. The current RT styling is awesome but I do wish the Charger had a V8 without all the hood scoops and vents. But I digress, I still love both of them :)

Freshforged

Reaction score
What happened because Larry used to be the go to media guy back when I first got on Allpar? Now his articles are pretty anti-Chrysler with the Demon hate op-ed and questionable Dodge and Ram spinning.
I remember him complaining bitterly about getting cut out of advanced media events. He’s been extremely negative since then. That was several years ago IIRC.

Muther

Reaction score
What happened because Larry used to be the go to media guy back when I first got on Allpar? Now his articles are pretty anti-Chrysler with the Demon hate op-ed and questionable Dodge and Ram spinning.
Nobody reads good accurate news. If you want people to read it, it has to be inaccurate and it has to be bad news.

Put up two links. One says “read this: Good News”. Put up another link: “read this:Bad News”.

You get a shiny new penny if you can guess which one gets more clicks.

Mopar426

Reaction score
I've heard good things about the new Charger, looks similar to current car, really nice rear end and headlights, new hemi and ram level luxury interior. Big emphasis on chassis and handling, weight loss.

James.A

Reaction score
I've heard good things about the new Charger, looks similar to current car, really nice rear end and headlights, new hemi and ram level luxury interior. Big emphasis on chassis and handling, weight loss.
The new widebody on a SP in torred with a black roof has been circling my head for days. Now I read this and I’m back to wanting to wait on what comes next ?

Ryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Haha trying not to be but just getting frustrated. Just not wanting to get into the long term financial commitment on the current when the new is allegedly around the corner. The current RT styling is awesome but I do wish the Charger had a V8 without all the hood scoops and vents. But I digress, I still love both of them :)
See, I'm the opposite. I didn't at first, but now I like the R/T having the SRT fascias because it makes it look less like a rental car. For 2018 you could get a R/T with the regular fascias and hood.

Mopar426

Reaction score
See, I'm the opposite. I didn't at first, but now I like the R/T having the SRT fascias because it makes it look less like a rental car. For 2018 you could get a R/T with the regular fascias and hood.
Yes but now they are in danger of all looking like rental cars. I've noticed around here they stopped using 300's and now use V6 Chargers and not base models either.

Muther

Reaction score
I was hoping that the Charger's greenhouse gets some work. I like its lower half, but I have never been all that fond of its greenhouse. The Challenger is perfect. They shouldn't change a thing, but they will. I heard that the challenger gets more aero.

Users who are viewing this thread