Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CAUGHT: The New 2025 Dodge Charger Daytona 440

The internet has been buzzing over the past couple of days following the announcement that the all-new 2025 Dodge Charger Daytona will make its official debut on March 5th. While we know a lot about the new “e-muscle” car, Dodge has been doing a good job of keeping the car under wraps from the public. … (read full article...)

Screenshot 2024-02-06 at 5.16.26 AM.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

TripleT

Reaction score
The turbo is separate from the head, at least the way I saw it. The only thing integrated in the head is the exhaust manifold.
If the intake rotor self-destructed, then I suppose but likely the head would be the least of your worries. It would be like a smog machine before you got to that point. Its not like Turbos a new thing Marlin engine had them pre-WW1, and Offy was the dominate race engine for half a century. Infatuation with cheap as$ Henry Fords performace solutions is getting a tad silly.

Mopar392

Reaction score
TBH, the only thing I’m worried about on these new engines are the DI and the carbon buildup.

TripleT

Reaction score
TBH, the only thing I’m worried about on these new engines are the DI and the carbon buildup.
Well so far, no oil dilution issues since they are ICE only to this point

Mopar392

Reaction score
Well so far, no oil dilution issues since they are ICE only to this point
I think you missed my point.
These I6 TT are Direct Fuel Injection only, and this tech tends to have a problem with carbon buildup on the valves.

TripleT

Reaction score
I think you missed my point.
These I6 TT are Direct Fuel Injection only, and this tech tends to have a problem with carbon buildup on the valves.
and fuel in the oil...

JohnRogers

Reaction score
If the package looks great and the Hurricane Six performs. These cars will be the modern day Grand National and GNX. We'll know soon enough.

Mopar392

Reaction score
Numbers and specs say it is even on bar with BMW and potentially the legendary 2JZ

BWS1

Reaction score
And let’s remember which company was 40 years ahead of the world in developing turbo power in every day engines. Yes, I’d say Mopar has a little history with turbos

T/A392

Reaction score
I’d be all over this charger if it just came with modern 345, 392, and hellcat engines.

TripleT

Reaction score
The Hurricane 6 already outperforms the Eagle and Apache in every single measurable category except cold start exhaust note. Hellcat powered version on the durability stand.

So yeah be all over it then

James.A

Reaction score
The Hurricane 6 already outperforms the Eagle and Apache in every single measurable category except cold start exhaust note. Hellcat powered version on the durability stand.

We've yet to see this in real-life. The direct connect Hurricane Challenger took a massive dump on a drag strip. While I'm hopeful from Wagoner reviews, you really can't make this claim until its proven on the road.

T/A392

Reaction score

I said I’d like a modern version of Chrysler’s Hemi engines. I’m aware the hurricane outperforms the old engines.

TripleT

Reaction score
I said I’d like a modern version of Chrysler’s Hemi engines. I’m aware the hurricane outperforms the old engines.
It outperforms the new hemi, I am talking about the new But old hemi

patfromigh

Reaction score
This is only my opinion, because I'm not an expert in this arena of engineering. I have seen the presentation slides on FCA's research into the down-speeding of internal combustion engines. The move towards an inline engine seems inevitable.

When the Ramcharger arrives, it will be interesting to see how the Pentastar based range extender operates and what its RPM range will for this task.

The reason I bring these points up is because at some point the inline six will be mated to the next generation 8-speed.

Users who are viewing this thread