Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CAUGHT: 2025 Jeep® Grand Cherokee Summit Reserve

CAUGHT: 2025 Jeep® Grand Cherokee Summit Reserve​

Spy Photos Reveal 2025 Grand Cherokee Testing New Engine and Updated Design...​

1719596567335.png

The anticipation for the 2025 Jeep® Grand Cherokee (WL) is heating up. Spy photographers from KGPPhotography recently caught several prototypes testing on public roads. These images give us a sneak peek into the changes Jeep is preparing for the brand’s most popular and award-winning SUV offering.

bill burke

Reaction score
The central point here has kind of been lost and that is the 2025 Grand Cherokee, perhaps the most important model in the Jeep lineup. I can not believe or comprehend Jeep going with a turbo four as it’s only gas engine offering in such a large vehicle. That decision, as many have noted, would be a disaster surpassing the all electric decision on the Wagoneer S and the Recon. I’m no genius or have any inside information, just a gut feeling that the decision making at Jeep/Stellantis needs examination and critical feedback from regular folks based on reality, not some green new deal agenda sustained, not by a valid business case, but the free market realities. One reason I’m holding on to my 2019 Cherokee Overland, it is an outstanding SUV and unlike these proposed Jeeps, exactly what I want, a smooth reliable V-6, a great driving vehicle and darn attractively styled. Does not take a genius to know what you like...or don’t.

Midnight

Reaction score
On the Wrangler floating axle should fix that, I guess you didn't look the JGC up before posting this.

Right, so nothing over 6200lbs from 25 on when it was 7200lbs with the HEMI (and the Diesel in the WK2).

TripleT

Reaction score
Right, so nothing over 6200lbs now when it was 7200lbs with the HEMI (and the Diesel in the WK2).
So your just griping? first it was 5000lbs which was wrong, Now it is 7200lbs. Since it best in class likely the was a diminished value in the hardware for the higher ratings.

AlexB

Reaction score
The central point here has kind of been lost and that is the 2025 Grand Cherokee, perhaps the most important model in the Jeep lineup. I can not believe or comprehend Jeep going with a turbo four as it’s only gas engine offering in such a large vehicle. That decision, as many have noted, would be a disaster surpassing the all electric decision on the Wagoneer S and the Recon. I’m no genius or have any inside information, just a gut feeling that the decision making at Jeep/Stellantis needs examination and critical feedback from regular folks based on reality, not some green new deal agenda sustained, not by a valid business case, but the free market realities. One reason I’m holding on to my 2019 Cherokee Overland, it is an outstanding SUV and unlike these proposed Jeeps, exactly what I want, a smooth reliable V-6, a great driving vehicle and darn attractively styled. Does not take a genius to know what you like...or don’t.
Gripping about Hemi again.....🥱
All the competitors have a 4 cylinder especially competitors, and Grand Cherokee 4Xe and EV models will be the most powerful versions.

TripleT

Reaction score
$3000 fine per JGC seems sustainable ........ :p The 4xE already is quicker than 5.7....

That said when the capacity is up on the Hurricane .... a 6pack model would be very welcome.

AlexB

Reaction score
$3000 fine per JGC seems sustainable ........ :p The 4xE already is quicker than 5.7....

That said when the capacity is up on the Hurricane .... a 6pack model would be very welcome.
Or when Durango goes to STLA Large, put the Hurricane in it, make it unique.

Now that I think of the whole picture with Investor Day, comments about certain Jeep models with "too many trims/options" , it clear what Carlos is attempting to do: make room for Wagoneer S/ Wagoneer/ Grand Wagoneer, and moderating Grand Cherokee to more directly go after the Explorer+ Acadia/Traverse.

So for the 4 doors:
*Cherokee:more basic, slightly smaller than Grand Cherokee, limited amount of configurations

*Grand Cherokee 4 door: Slightly bigger, more features, more off-road capability.

*Wagoneer S: More exclusive, slightly smaller , more "plushy".

Mike201

Reaction score
Don't take me wrong as I agree with you, but tons of people do not have any issues buying small displacement engines as the majority of the owners have no clue whatsoever under the hood of their vehicles anyways. Now with the heft of the Grand Cherokee that is a considerable amount of weight to move around with a small displacement engine. Guess we will have and wait and see if this is true or maybe they'll put the 3.0l TT in the Grand Cherokee as well.
I agree. Outside of us on this site or true Muscle Mopar gear heads or construction worker, the average Joe between 30-60 could care less whether their Jeep, sedan or Ram has a Hemi. Most just want or need the basic Jeep, Charger or Ram as an everday people mover to get to an from work or take out their family for dinner (or the soccer moms who just want a Jeep).
We all here are the only ones who care about the Hemi going bye bye. I for one have had both a 2010 and 2013 Chargers with 3.5 and 3.6, and they were fine. My newest drive is a Durango GT w/3.6 and LOVE it! My wife has a Cherokee with the 6, and my 2 adult daughters drive a 21 Charger and 20 Jeep G. Cherokee. Both with the 3.6. Best vehicles we have ever owned. So after dropping over 130K into Mopar over the last 4 years, we, along with most who drive these vehicles could care less that they don’t have Hemi’s. As before my retirement as a Police Officer, we drove Chargers and yes we needed the Hemi’s. Although the 300hp AWD Unmarked Chargers halled asss, we loved the Hemi’s.

Midnight

Reaction score
Still won't admit you joined to complain and were wrong, move the bar so you could still complain.
You bet I'm here to voice my frustration, maybe someone from Stellantis will take note, I often tow 7000lbs and would like to buy a new JGC.

redriderbob

Mopar Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
You bet I'm here to voice my frustration, maybe someone from Stellantis will take note, I often tow 7000lbs and would like to buy a new JGC.

According to my sources, Stellantis didn't want to pay for the needed vehicle changes (underbody and common components) to put the GME-T6 Hurricane S/O or H/O in the Grand Cherokee. Due to the length of the GME-T6, the Grand Cherokee needed underbody changes to allow it to adopt GME-T6, as it is packaged differently than the Pentastar, GME-T4, and HEMI layouts.

ipa0628

Reaction score
Gripping about Hemi again.....🥱
All the competitors have a 4 cylinder especially competitors, and Grand Cherokee 4Xe and EV models will be the most powerful versions.
So what is wrong with having something better than the competition, V6, V8. What happened to the days of having a product somebody actually wants instead of being me too with everything.
The GC will have the smallest 4 banger of the bunch. Not something to brag about. That engine will be screaming under load. That will sound real assuring in a 70K vehicle.
I assume at least the Durango will have the 3.6 for another year before they mess that up too.
Once again Stellantis is driving customers away instead of offering something to create demand.

TripleT

Reaction score
According to my sources, Stellantis didn't want to pay for the needed vehicle changes (underbody and common components) to put the GME-T6 Hurricane S/O or H/O in the Grand Cherokee. Due to the length of the GME-T6, the Grand Cherokee needed underbody changes to allow it to adopt GME-T6, as it is packaged differently than the Pentastar, GME-T4, and HEMI layouts.
Tow rating have less to do with power than gearing and structural, if take rate for that sort of vehicle it low in the vehicle class then it likely won't be offered, and they already have that data from WK2 application.

I read that it fits but both can be true at the same time, that can fit, but they are not spending the money to have it fit. that been said often across the corporation.

Aftermarket guys will fit and then force the issue.

ipa0628

Reaction score
They have $55 million to invest in aviation, but won't spend anything to modify the GC to accept the 3.0. They are pathetic.
Ram sales were down 20% last qtr. The GC will mirror that when this change is made.

Users who are viewing this thread