Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CAUGHT: 2025 Jeep® Grand Cherokee Summit Reserve

CAUGHT: 2025 Jeep® Grand Cherokee Summit Reserve​

Spy Photos Reveal 2025 Grand Cherokee Testing New Engine and Updated Design...​

1719596567335.png

The anticipation for the 2025 Jeep® Grand Cherokee (WL) is heating up. Spy photographers from KGPPhotography recently caught several prototypes testing on public roads. These images give us a sneak peek into the changes Jeep is preparing for the brand’s most popular and award-winning SUV offering.

TripleT

Reaction score
Our Summit is the best Mopar we have ever owned, Content and interior are unmatched, Averaging over 40mpg.. Drives itself,, Quicker than the Hemi, Great on trips, doesn't feel bloated like the WK2 and HD do.

BWS1

Reaction score
I'm over your lack of gasping facts, figures,future instead whining about nostalgia. Your profanity speaks more about you, and the type of people that Chrysler business used to appeal to before Sergio made changes in 2015
(You too would be better off in a Hyundai, too with subprime financing).
I don't see the everyone typing about either.
The talking head bobbles again and makes his asinine assumptions about people a continent away that he knows nothing about. So tell us Mopar Alexa. What Mopars do you own? Are you secretly hiding your Hyundai. You have this fascination with them for some reason . Your insults don’t bother me . That’s what you continentals have always been known for.

ipa0628

Reaction score
I'm over your lack of gasping facts, figures,future instead whining about nostalgia. Your profanity speaks more about you, and the type of people that Chrysler business used to appeal to before Sergio made changes in 2015
(You too would be better off in a Hyundai, too with subprime financing).
I don't see the everyone typing about either.
Everyone who drives a Hyundai or something less expensive is not a sub prime buyer. Plenty of wealthy people drive inexpensive cars. You are pathetic. Go buy a Ram Tungsten and pay full sticker and a then add Grand Wagoneer Level 3 at full sticker. That will help those margins. By the way, almost 6 months into production of the '25's and no Tungstens have been produced yet and very few Limiteds. Great product planning on Ram's part.

Face it, the current sparse product offerings from Stellantis leave a lot of market space for the competition. The margins don't do s**t without product and customers.

Last edited:

AlexB

Reaction score
The talking head bobbles again and makes his asinine assumptions about people a continent away that he knows nothing about. So tell us Mopar Alexa. What Mopars do you own? Are you secretly hiding your Hyundai. You have this fascination with them for some reason . Your insults don’t bother me . That’s what you continentals have always been known for.
Only person throwing insulting is you, together with your lack of reading a Map of the world, and things like NATO.
Those "profanity assumptions" are not "assumptions" but plain old facts about Buyer demographics, Buyer credit worthiness(many of same facts was going to be used against FCA in 2015 had it pursued a forced merger with GM by GM Management & Board) , but again you struggle with Figures, Facts and The Future so I'm not doing your Homework (maybe a pre-owned Kia would be better for you than a brand new Hyundai;)).

James.A

Reaction score
Our Summit is the best Mopar we have ever owned, Content and interior are unmatched, Averaging over 40mpg.. Drives itself,, Quicker than the Hemi, Great on trips, doesn't feel bloated like the WK2 and HD do.
What motor do you have in your Summit that is quicker than a Hemi??

Rickaysen

Reaction score
I had a 2022 GC Summit Reserve and its best feature was the HEMI V8. I've thought about getting a new one but there's not a snowballs chance in Hell that I would buy a top of the line luxury SUV with a 4 cylinder engine. I don't care how much power they're squeezing out of it, it's just not happening.

ipa0628

Reaction score
Only person throwing insulting is you, together with your lack of reading a Map of the world, and things like NATO.
Those "profanity assumptions" are not "assumptions" but plain old facts about Buyer demographics, Buyer credit worthiness(many of same facts was going to be used against FCA in 2015 had it pursued a forced merger with GM by GM Management & Board) , but again you struggle with Figures, Facts and The Future so I'm not doing your Homework (maybe a pre-owned Kia would be better for you than a brand new Hyundai;)).
You throw the most insults of anybody on this site. Anybody who disagrees with your twisted logic is a sub prime buyer. Great logic!!!

BWS1

Reaction score
What in the heck are you talking about? Do you ever stop and read your own rants you imbecile? 😵‍💫🥴😉. You know nothing of my credit. You know nothing of my demographics. I do know your from the continent because you can’t answer simple questions about real old Mopars or answer a simple question like what you drive . Get your French cut panties out of a twist and calm down Eiffel. Your getting on our nerves over hear in sub prime ville.

IronMike68

Reaction score
2L engine in a $65K vehicle. They're out of their god damn minds. I don't care how many HP it has or what the Explorer has. I will never buy a new Jeep again.

The formula isn't hard guys - high displacement engines (3.6L, minimum) + mild hybrid. Build the CAFE overages / fines into the price of the vehicle.
Don't take me wrong as I agree with you, but tons of people do not have any issues buying small displacement engines as the majority of the owners have no clue whatsoever under the hood of their vehicles anyways. Now with the heft of the Grand Cherokee that is a considerable amount of weight to move around with a small displacement engine. Guess we will have and wait and see if this is true or maybe they'll put the 3.0l TT in the Grand Cherokee as well.

AlexB

Reaction score
Don't take me wrong as I agree with you, but tons of people do not have any issues buying small displacement engines as the majority of the owners have no clue whatsoever under the hood of their vehicles anyways. Now with the heft of the Grand Cherokee that is a considerable amount of weight to move around with a small displacement engine. Guess we will have and wait and see if this is true or maybe they'll put the 3.0l TT in the Grand Cherokee as well.
Engines are in-line with GM:https://gmauthority.com/blog/2024/0...-vs-2024-gmc-acadia-what-are-the-differences/

TripleT

Reaction score
I had a 2022 GC Summit Reserve and its best feature was the HEMI V8. I've thought about getting a new one but there's not a snowballs chance in Hell that I would buy a top of the line luxury SUV with a 4 cylinder engine. I don't care how much power they're squeezing out of it, it's just not happening.
Your loss... And I owned 392 before it was lifted. 40mpg+ and quicker than the Eagle. I get that it is hard to move on from the incumbent solution.

Glad you joined to tell us

Last edited:

TripleT

Reaction score
Its Torque that is needed to move heft. Turbo engine is a variable displacement engine as opposed to MDS (like it was problem free)....

I still would love a Hurricane 6 addition; I suppose it will need to wait it turn with RAM and Charger getting it first.

HuJass

Reaction score
@Robert Miller,

What is your source on this engine availability information?
I have to double check, but I'm pretty sure the info I've seen says something different.

james.mooney.

Reaction score
Yes I agree! Sales will tank and Jeep goes down hill. If they need to use a 4 banger at least make it a 2.7 liter so the engine can withstand the stress better. A little 2.0 will give way under to much stress in time trying to move around a heavy load and forget about towing. A 2.7 gives more meat under the hood and can provide more power say like 375 horsepower and maybe say 430 ft-lbs. If they can’t manage that kind of power and Torque out of a 4 banger then put the new hurricane inline 6 in it and go for the same power numbers I mentioned above. I understand the V6 and the V8’s are going away sad to say. But don’t drop the bigger displacements for a cheap 2.0. And for the price they will be asking for this 2025 would be ludicrous. Someone at Stellantis just don’t get it. After all Chevrolet’s 2.7 has 310 hp and 430 ft-lbs at hand. Jeep can and must do better!

Really didn't like the new front end styling. Hopefully it will be more raked in the front. I like the rear only need to increase the size of the light assembly about 3" more. Should have a 2.5L four turbo.
Where are these new engines supposed to come from?

james.mooney.

Reaction score
@bill burke - 100% agree

The WL front end is an improvement over WK2. The rear is a big step back. These little feminine slits for lights in the back, are of course, presumably cheaper than the WK2 lights.

Sometimes I feel the whole industry has collectively lost its mind after 2019. The only new vehicle I really aspire for is the 2025 Chevy Tahoe with the updated infotainment. GM nailed it. Its perfect.

I bought a WK2 because is a RWD setup, E-Segment SUV with a 3.6L V6. There is no such thing anymore, sadly. I gotta go to a body on frame boat (Tahoe) to get what I want now.
I actually prefer the new tail lights. The WK2's tail lights were the one design element I never liked (did not hate them either, just thought they were meh). I though they were too big and looked cheap and generic. Same with the WD. I think that the new ones look much sportier and more upscale.

But, of course, styling is subjective, so 🤷‍♂️

TripleT

Reaction score
Waiting for the FEA and data to back up the claim that there is a correlation between 1/8th of liter per cylinder would do anything than make the engines more imbalanced and narrow the casting wall.... but OK..... seems like incumbant bias more that any reality.

DodgeFL

Reaction score
Back in the day when street and drag cars ran 14 -16 compression ratio we O ringed the head and installed a copper wire for a seal. Currently I'm seeing turbo engines running 25 lb boost, insane, without O rings in the head and water/menthol injection ! The cylinder pressures have to be killing the short lived engines under load. Then again, I've heard that the turbo inline six engines have been breaking connecting rods, JEEZ !

Midnight

Reaction score
Jeep is abandoning anyone that would like to tow over 5000lbs. Guess I should have bought the HEMI while it was available, but thought when they replaced it they actually improve the vehicle, seems I was wrong.

TripleT

Reaction score
Jeep is abandoning anyone that would like to tow over 5000lbs. Guess I should have bought the HEMI while it was available, but thought when they replaced it they actually improve the vehicle, seems I was wrong.
On the Wrangler floating axle should fix that, I guess you didn't look the JGC up before posting this.1719833379441.png

Users who are viewing this thread