Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CAUGHT: 2025 Jeep® Grand Cherokee Summit Reserve

CAUGHT: 2025 Jeep® Grand Cherokee Summit Reserve​

Spy Photos Reveal 2025 Grand Cherokee Testing New Engine and Updated Design...​

1719596567335.png

The anticipation for the 2025 Jeep® Grand Cherokee (WL) is heating up. Spy photographers from KGPPhotography recently caught several prototypes testing on public roads. These images give us a sneak peek into the changes Jeep is preparing for the brand’s most popular and award-winning SUV offering.

cygnus

Reaction score
2L engine in a $65K vehicle. They're out of their god damn minds. I don't care how many HP it has or what the Explorer has. I will never buy a new Jeep again.

The formula isn't hard guys - high displacement engines (3.6L, minimum) + mild hybrid. Build the CAFE overages / fines into the price of the vehicle.

ipa0628

Reaction score
Another dumb move by Stellantis.
That engine will be working hard to move this big, heavy SUV. Going to a smaller engine is false economy as it will have to work harder under a heavy load, or climbing a long interstate hill at 70. Fuel economy will be no better than the 3.6 , it may even be worse under load conditions.
The 2.0 is far from a Hemi replacement. Sales will tank because of poor product planning 5 years ago.
The company is missing in so many market segments because of the bowing to St Margins started by Sergio. This move will further erode their market share.

Ehatfield69

Reaction score
Another dumb move by Stellantis.
That engine will be working hard to move this big, heavy SUV. Going to a smaller engine is false economy as it will have to work harder under a heavy load, or climbing a long interstate hill at 70. Fuel economy will be no better than the 3.6 , it may even be worse under load conditions.
The 2.0 is far from a Hemi replacement. Sales will tank because of poor product planning 5 years ago.
The company is missing in so many market segments because of the bowing to St Margins started by Sergio. This move will further erode their market share.

Ehatfield69

Reaction score
Yes I agree! Sales will tank and Jeep goes down hill. If they need to use a 4 banger at least make it a 2.7 liter so the engine can withstand the stress better. A little 2.0 will give way under to much stress in time trying to move around a heavy load and forget about towing. A 2.7 gives more meat under the hood and can provide more power say like 375 horsepower and maybe say 430 ft-lbs. If they can’t manage that kind of power and Torque out of a 4 banger then put the new hurricane inline 6 in it and go for the same power numbers I mentioned above. I understand the V6 and the V8’s are going away sad to say. But don’t drop the bigger displacements for a cheap 2.0. And for the price they will be asking for this 2025 would be ludicrous. Someone at Stellantis just don’t get it. After all Chevrolet’s 2.7 has 310 hp and 430 ft-lbs at hand. Jeep can and must do better!

BWS1

Reaction score
A buzzy four cylinder as the ONLY option in their higher tier of their “premium” brand. Wow. Once again this outcome is quite predictable. I drive a 2021 GC now with pentastar. I will be shopping for replacements inside 12 months. I will mark this off my list.

bill burke

Reaction score
Got to add, in waiting for the 2025 GC as my current first choice, I’m not thrilled frankly at its styling, especially the undistinguished design of the rear, even more so by the one with that ugly bar across the rear. So cookie cutter and bland.
I loved the front though. So what do they do? Keep the bland side and rear styling and change the front. What in heaven are these guys thinking! Just a mess at Jeep and Stellantis. Hope the bosses get their act together fast and sharpen their design pencils pronto.

cygnus

Reaction score
@bill burke - 100% agree

The WL front end is an improvement over WK2. The rear is a big step back. These little feminine slits for lights in the back, are of course, presumably cheaper than the WK2 lights.

Sometimes I feel the whole industry has collectively lost its mind after 2019. The only new vehicle I really aspire for is the 2025 Chevy Tahoe with the updated infotainment. GM nailed it. Its perfect.

I bought a WK2 because is a RWD setup, E-Segment SUV with a 3.6L V6. There is no such thing anymore, sadly. I gotta go to a body on frame boat (Tahoe) to get what I want now.

Last edited:

MoparRay

Reaction score
Really didn't like the new front end styling. Hopefully it will be more raked in the front. I like the rear only need to increase the size of the light assembly about 3" more. Should have a 2.5L four turbo.

bill burke

Reaction score
@bill burke - 100% agree

The WL front end is an improvement over WK2. The rear is a big step back. These little feminine slits for lights in the back, are of course, presumably cheaper than the WK2 lights.

Sometimes I feel the whole industry has collectively lost its mind after 2019. The only new vehicle I really aspire for is the 2025 Chevy Tahoe with the updated infotainment. GM nailed it. Its perfect.

I bought a WK2 because is a RWD setup, E-Segment SUV with a 3.6L V6. There is no such thing anymore, sadly. I gotta go to a body on frame boat (Tahoe) to get what I want now.
Reassuring to get agreement on something. I’ve come to the conclusion after the reveal of the new Chargers and the current Grand Cherokee and Ram 1500 that the styling philosophy of domestic product is risk adverse and group think restricted....or worse, lacking talent. OK, I’ll say it now, it is time for Ralph Gilles to step down, he seems to have lost his “mojo” and vision as these stale design executions reveal. They all have not been received well, as the public eye and sales can attest. As much as I try, that new Charger is disappointing.
Sure the European Overlords may have played a role, but just as Tim has made a tough but laudable decision, so should Ralph. Two outstanding career men who’s time has come in a bad situation.

AlexB

Reaction score
Reassuring to get agreement on something. I’ve come to the conclusion after the reveal of the new Chargers and the current Grand Cherokee and Ram 1500 that the styling philosophy of domestic product is risk adverse and group think restricted....or worse, lacking talent. OK, I’ll say it now, it is time for Ralph Gilles to step down, he seems to have lost his “mojo” and vision as these stale design executions reveal. They all have not been received well, as the public eye and sales can attest. As much as I try, that new Charger is disappointing.
Sure the European Overlords may have played a role, but just as Tim has made a tough but laudable decision, so should Ralph. Two outstanding career men who’s time has come in a bad situation.
Its an Uneducated conclusion given the current RAM is most financial successful generation ever of the Truck.
Maybe Ralph stays, and you go buy a Hyundai...sounds like a wonderful idea.

ipa0628

Reaction score
Its an Uneducated conclusion given the current RAM is most financial successful generation ever of the Truck.
Maybe you should cut the snarky comment!!!

Ram sales are down, prices are way higher than the competition. I priced out a Laramie Night Edition and a Ford Lariat Black package,. The Ford has a V8 and is similar in equipment to the Ram. The Ram is 4K higher than the Ford with a V8. Ram forces you to go to a the Level 2 option package to get the Night Edition pac.
In a few days sales for the qtr will be published. It would not surprise me if the Ram is way down compared to last year.

AlexB

Reaction score
Maybe you should cut the snarky comment!!!

Ram sales are down, prices are way higher than the competition. I priced out a Laramie Night Edition and a Ford Lariat Black package,. The Ford has a V8 and is similar in equipment to the Ram. The Ram is 4K higher than the Ford with a V8. Ram forces you to go to a the Level 2 option package to get the Night Edition pac.
In a few days sales for the qtr will be published. It would not surprise me if the Ram is way down compared to last year.
You can't don't read or can't gasp the concept of a Model Generation (you are rambling about a "year",a Generation is normally 5 years).
Ram went from being thousands less than F-Series, to have premium over the F-Series. That's a home run+ more content made in-house vs earlier years of the DS.
You giving me the same old song & dance when they are replacing the current 1500 with the updated RAM.

Last edited:

bill burke

Reaction score
Nice try to get me into your Hyundai dealership and sell me one. Sneaky, sneaky.

ipa0628

Reaction score
You can't don't read or can't gasp the concept of a Model Generation (you are rambling about a "year",a Generation is normally 5 years).
Ram went from being thousands less than F-Series, to have premium over the F-Series. That's a home run+ more content made in-house vs earlier years of the DS.
You It isn't a home run giving me the same old song & dance when they are placing the the updated RAM.
It is not a home run for the buyer. Making them pay 1000's more than the competition's equivalent model is a sure way to drive them away. The buyer doesn't know more in house content either. They look at the sticker and walk away.
No more V8's , a tiny 4 cylinder in the GC with no other options, higher prices, that's all good in your eyes. The new Rams seem like they are piling up on the lots around my area. A lot of them have the 3.6. Good luck trying to tell a Hemi owner to buy those. In a few months it will be back to 15% off sticker.

BWS1

Reaction score
Shove it Alexa. Everyone on here is over your snarky crap. If bill wanted a Hyundai he’d be on their forum talking it up . What are you driving? Three cyl euro ****box?

AlexB

Reaction score
Shove it Alexa. Everyone on here is over your snarky crap. If bill wanted a Hyundai he’d be on their forum talking it up . What are you driving? Three cyl euro ****box?
I'm over your lack of gasping facts, figures,future instead whining about nostalgia. Your profanity speaks more about you, and the type of people that Chrysler business used to appeal to before Sergio made changes in 2015
(You too would be better off in a Hyundai, too with subprime financing).
I don't see the everyone typing about either.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread