Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carscoops Creates Sleek Electric Dodge Magnum Rendering

Carscoops Creates Sleek Electric Dodge Magnum Rendering​

The New Dodge Charger Daytona, Makes A Great Looking Wagon...​

1719940914250.png

The Dodge Magnum nameplate is perhaps best known for its time as a Charger-based station wagon on the beloved rear-wheel-drive (RWD) LX platform. Fast forward nearly 20 years since its introduction, and Dodge is rolling out its new LB platform for the next-generation Dodge Charger. With the introduction of electrification to the Dodge muscle car lineup for the first time, it’s only fitting that the all-electric Dodge Charger Daytona could inspire a new wagon variant.

bill burke

Reaction score
Remember the Dodge Magnum with Chrysler front clip was sold as a Chrysler in Europe. I propose this good idea as a restyled next generation Chrysler offering. That should send shivers up the leg of our Stellantis leadership. Really, this works better as a Chrysler. Works as a viable model off the Charger.
Trivia, how many know the Dodge Magnum used Chrysler 330 tail lights?

vbondjr1

Reaction score
The look of the next generation Charger in Coupe, Sedan and Wagon form are simply beautiful designs. I do genuinely like the look the EV's front fascia has over the six pack as it is genuinely cleaner. If money wasn't an issue, I'd be willing to buy a Charger coupe, sedan and wagon on the STLA large platform with the hurricane option powertrains under their hoods with no problem. The wagon should probably incorporate the same rear wing style as the Wagoneer S, which would give it more of the performance look. All three variations should come with the 420hp SO Hurricane and the 550hp HO Hurricane and it'd be rather nice to see both powertrains with Direct Connection Stage 1 & 2 kits with the S.O. Stage-1 having 450hp/485tq and the Stage-2 kit having 475hp/500tq and then the H.O Stage one getting 575hp/550tq and the Stage-2 getting a solid 600hp/570tq. It'd be nice to see a Hurricane HO Hybrid with the new ZF 8-speed Gen 4 electrified Transmission join the party as well. Something like that would easily eclipse the Hellcat and be a problem for the new BMW M5. Especially if it came stock with around 725hp and the had a Stage 1 and Stage 2 package from Direct Connection that offered not only hardware upgrades and tuning for the ICE powertrain, but also tuning for the electric power management bumping levels up to 760hp and 795hp respectively and delivery system as well. Stick these powertrains in a next-gen STLA LArge Durango and an STLA pickup truck (Dakota or Rampage) with a 5'5" or 6ft bed with an in-bed trunk, ram boxes, seating for 5, with a few street performance trims and off road performance trims and the rest of the mid-size truck segment would be left in the dust! As I've said before the brand has alot of potential even without the V8 engines if they stop doing the weird stuff they're doing.

Mike201

Reaction score
Remember the Dodge Magnum with Chrysler front clip was sold as a Chrysler in Europe. I propose this good idea as a restyled next generation Chrysler offering. That should send shivers up the leg of our Stellantis leadership. Really, this works better as a Chrysler. Works as a viable model off the Charger.
Trivia, how many know the Dodge Magnum used Chrysler 330 tail lights?
Yes, I do know the Magnum used the 300 tail lights! We have someone around me who put a 300 nose on his, and I must say,it looks better than the stock Dodge. By the way Bill, correct me if I’m wrong, the doors were also 300 doors, not Charger doors. We has an ‘08 300 and ‘10 Charger, and noticed the Magnum looked more like my 300 than my Charger.
I also agree, the “Wagon” would be a great fit and much needed as a Chrysler!! Seeing the Town and Country name is no longer being used that would work, or Newport.
Good call!!!

TripleT

Reaction score
300 Estate and Lancia Estate in the EU were the best version. 1720092183378.png

cammerjeff

Reaction score
While I did not know that our 2005 Magnum used Chrysler 300 tail lights, it makes sense. You have to remember that the Magnum and 300 came out a full model year before the Charger, so in reality the Magnum is the wagon "ish" version of a 300 not a Charger. Same body lines, and as pointed out previously was sold in Europe as a Chrysler and the front clip and interior of a 300 swap easily onto a Magnum provided they are the same series. I hope they seriously consider building the wagon version of the new car. I think it would sell better today than the Magnum did in the mid 2000's.

Users who are viewing this thread