Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carlos has decided FIAT brand to become ALL EV by 2030

Deckard Cain

Reaction score
It was mentioned which markets that this would practically apply, China should be included because they also have a government mandate.
So can I assume that they're going to re-introduce Fiat in China? That's big news if that's the case.

TripleT

Reaction score
So can I assume that they're going to re-introduce Fiat in China? That's big news if that's the case.
Introduce.... give a me a time frame on that, are talking since they abandoned the Viaggio to make more Jeeps?

Yeah, I didn't say they were in China (Jeep, Maserati, and Alfa- along with grey market Rams and Chargers), it was mentioned I am point out again they have big push..... I would fully assume though that the 500 would be a excellent model for that market. The issue with the Viaggio was it was milk toast and blended in with the domestics. 500 being almost a sub-brand would work nice in the large metros.

Last edited:

KrisW

Reaction score
FIAT is the market leader in Brazil, and I actually can see them bringing in EVs there, but yes, as a supplement to an existing strong presence in the country, not a replacement. Some Brazilian states (São Paolo particularly) have serious air-quality issues due to traffic pollution, and while ethanol might have slightly lower NOx than gasoline, it’s not a fix for smog in the way electric cars would be. The state São Paolo is also wealthy, even by global standards (there are poorer states in the USA), so it’s a mistake to assume that there’s no market there for expensive cars, especially as Brazil has high taxes on cars which gives them room to equalise the price of EVs.

Users who are viewing this thread