Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carlos appointee: Chrysler brand struggling “to a certain degree”

AlexB

Reaction score
On a recent episode of Autoline AfterHours, Larry Dominique whom was handpicked by Carlos to head Alfa in North America stated rather than introduce the Peugeot brand , they focus on the North American brands they already got in the portfolio.
Larry then stated” some of them have been struggling, Maserati, FIAT, Alfa Romeo in particular, Chrysler to a certain degree.”
“So we decided not bring Peugeot over, and that’s when the Company asked me to pivot and say “hey you been coming up with cool, innovated ideas how can we apply that to Alfa Romeo”.

Larry Dominique likely close to Carlos’s POV (Point Of View).
For those that act like Chrysler brand is a 3 AM crisis stage and need a wave of models….the Company obviously don’t agree.
Besides it plays into Carlos’s “If it’s not broken don’t fix it mentality about North America “:

EDIT:Larry Dominique comments are from 7:45 mark to 8:10 mark of the Autoline episode .

Last edited:

Deckard Cain

Reaction score
I didn't understand, he doesn't think Chrysler is in a crysis?

Deckard Cain

Reaction score
So they think Chrysler is in crysis. Does this mean they will try to launch new models?

TripleT

Reaction score
They have only 2 tall cars in market now dominated by them. A brand strategy where its sister brand dominate that segment. So it is a brand in search of margin capable segment with a ROI.

AlexB

Reaction score
They have only 2 tall cars in market now dominated by them. A brand strategy where its sister brand dominate that segment. So it is a brand in search of margin capable segment with a ROI.
The only thing I can see is the Lancia D-Segment Crossover that @Bili mention on STLA Mid .
The Hornet success will basically answer the question should Stellantis even bother with non-Jeep CUV’s at CDRJ Dealerships.

TripleT

Reaction score
Well Durango and the brampton CUV are on the way. So that is 3 for the Dodge Division.

The only room I see for Chrysler is either Buick style imports or ultra-high tech. Chrysler could be the pure EV division.

pumadog

Reaction score
Pure EV division is no future-proof USP when ALL brands are heading that direction.

And "certain degree” of struggle which is not the opposite of crisis. He admits some problems with this.

TripleT

Reaction score
Pure EV division is no future-proof USP when ALL brands are heading that direction.

And "certain degree” of struggle which is not the opposite of crisis. He admits some problems with this.
its decades our in NA, so it would give time for this Brand to take a new foot hold.

TripleT

Reaction score
I with you on that, but they are doing it anyway. There is all sorts of planned saving in the simplification on powertrain. Might as well do it on brand that is looking for a spot, and lower risk. The ROI on BEV is long term vs a ICE conventional implementation.

cgseller

Reaction score
its decades our in NA, so it would give time for this Brand to take a new foot hold.
Would that suggest you could reskin a sister brand vehicle for the (PH/B)EV market? Could you take the Grand Wagoneer and make it a Town and Country PHEV. Could you take the Jeep Compass and make it BEV ? Could you take the 500X and reskin it as a Chrysler Cruiser and make it EV?

AlexB

Reaction score
Would that suggest you could reskin a sister brand vehicle for the (PH/B)EV market? Could you take the Grand Wagoneer and make it a Town and Country PHEV. Could you take the Jeep Compass and make it BEV ? Could you take the 500X and reskin it as a Chrysler Cruiser and make it EV?

Here’s the thing, all those Jeep’s will have Electric options too. Outside of next generation Pacifica, it’s just hard to think of something. Maybe Thunderbird EV competitor( to me that’s not a Dodge product).

I disagree with you on that one, there would be no need for such a large caveat which is what a “certain degree” is.
They are not planning for a complete revamp of the brand.

Where’s the separate brand President?

Users who are viewing this thread