What's new
Mopar Insiders Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BYD and Stellantis Dismiss Chrysler Acquisition Rumors

BYD and Stellantis Dismiss Chrysler Acquisition Rumors​

BYD Visits Spark Rumors, As Chrysler's Heir Eyes Brand Buyback...​

1724702957326.png

Rumors have been circulating in the automotive world that Chinese automaker BYD is eyeing a potential acquisition of Chrysler, one of the iconic brands under Stellantis. Both companies have publicly denied these claims, with BYD going as far as labeling the reports as “fake news” on their official Weibo account. Stellantis also issued a categorical denial, stating that no discussions are taking place with BYD.

A few different stories could be told to "explain" the above.

*) BYD is learning by watching and visiting anyone who will let them behind the curtain
*) BYD is looking to get around US views/regulations of China
*) BYD is looking to partner with Stellantis like Leap did for the US, ala Diamond Star, NEMMA, Geo.....
*) BYD wants to use some brands/technology in China in exchange for supplying N.A. with components for future vehicles.

I'm sure there are a linty of more including pure fake conjecture. Both companies are traded, so of course they deny anything that would jeopardize or cause investigations around trading.

Once BYD figures out a path into the US market, they’ll disrupt the heck out of it. Bring on the low cost, high quality BEVs that Detroit stubbornly refuses to make in a repeat of the 1970s!

Stellantis = Fake Car Corp
It's a shame no one in The USA can run this company

I will 100% swear them off if sold to china. I’ll never buy another new vehicle from them as long as I live. As bad as the PSA merger has been, won’t tolerate China. It’s bad enough we have to buy china made items in general, ownership is a different goose altogether

I will 100% swear them off if sold to china. I’ll never buy another new vehicle from them as long as I live. As bad as the PSA merger has been, won’t tolerate China. It’s bad enough we have to buy china made items in general, ownership is a different goose altogether

People said that about Korea and Japan before, and ended up changing their minds.

When you see the quality vehicles at low prices that the Chinese automakers produce, you’ll be hard-pressed to pay 3x as much to get shoddy build quality and terrible reliability from “American” automakers who build all their stuff in Mexico with Chinese components.

People said that about Korea and Japan before, and ended up changing their minds.

When you see the quality vehicles at low prices that the Chinese automakers produce, you’ll be hard-pressed to pay 3x as much to get shoddy build quality and terrible reliability from “American” automakers who build all their stuff in Mexico with Chinese components.
Yup!

No, I absolutely will NOT change my mind. I will never, ever, ever own a Chinese car or truck. Period.

Back